2017-2018 Washington State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A friend talked with some staff at WSU: last interview date is tomorrow (2/16). Emails are going out to those who didn't interview either tomorrow afternoon or Monday.

So that probably means another week or two until they make more post-interview decisions... I interviewed in December, so idk if the radio silence is good and I’m still under consideration or if they haven’t gotten around to rejecting later interviewees yet. Looks like they handed out some rejections to people that interviewed in September-October.

Members don't see this ad.

So that probably means another week or two until they make more post-interview decisions... I interviewed in December, so idk if the radio silence is good and I’m still under consideration or if they haven’t gotten around to rejecting later interviewees yet. Looks like they handed out some rejections to people that interviewed in September-October.

I have a friend who interviewed with me in December and was unfortunately rejected. So they've probably at least reviewed your app. and have not made a decision either way.

From my Jan interview, they said all interviews before our group (<Dec) should hear back by end of Jan. Obviously, this didn't happen since you haven't heard back, so maybe you are on something like still under consideration. I also had the feeling they are meeting soon again and we should hear back soon... Either way, interview day was so awesome and I hope people enjoy it tmrw!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Same. Interviewed in October and haven’t heard a thing.

Rejected by email, not surprised though having read the above comments. LizzyM around 70, born and raised in Washington. Anyone else get shafted by both Washington schools?

Rejected by email, not surprised though having read the above comments. LizzyM around 70, born and raised in Washington. Anyone else get shafted by both Washington schools?

I’m so sorry, I wish WSU had more seats, but maybe that’s what makes the school good. When did you interview, if you don’t me asking? Hope you are doing well in the cycle elsewhere!!

I’m so sorry, I wish WSU had more seats, but maybe that’s what makes the school good. When did you interview, if you don’t me asking? Hope you are doing well in the cycle elsewhere!!
Sorry, I forgot to specify. Rejected pre-interview. Same thing with UW.

Reactions: 1 user
Yep, born and raised, WSU alum x2 degrees, nontrad. Rejected, but I was pretty sure by December. Go Cougs.

Sorry, I forgot to specify. Rejected pre-interview. Same thing with UW.
That's really surprising, I'm sorry to hear that, hopefully you have more luck on your other applications. Both schools offer feedback, so be sure to take advantage of that if you need to. Both schools also emphasize holistic admissions (WSU, in fact, ignores stats after the initial screen), so essays and ECs are going to play a huge role in things.

Yep, born and raised, WSU alum x2 degrees, nontrad. Rejected, but I was pretty sure by December. Go Cougs.

Sorry for the bad news :(
I don’t think we’ve seen rejections too much up until now. Take a break and take care!
Did you all interview, if so, what date? Thanks

Sorry for the bad news :(
I don’t think we’ve seen rejections too much up until now. Take a break and take care!
Did you all interview, if so, what date? Thanks
No interview. That’s why I guessed by December that I wouldn’t be getting an interview. I have another acceptance, though, so it’s all good.

Members don't see this ad :)
No interviews at WSU or UW. Looks like its DO for me my dudes

Also got the big no-go today, was kind of surprised I didn't get an interview at either state school. LM of 68, pretty good ECs/LORs. Oh well, got a few other acceptances and that's all ya need! Good luck to everybody, happy for those of you who got in here.

Anyone who interviewed last Friday have any updates to share?

Reactions: 3 users
Any ideas when the remainder of decisions will go out? My September interview feels like a lifetime ago!

March 15th is the hard last date you’ll get a response, but hopefully we all hear back before that!

Just curious, is there a second look for WSU? If so, what date?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I interviewed 2/16, and I think we were told that the people who had interviewed before us would hear back by about the end of this month and our group would hear back for sure by the middle of March. There haven't been any posts about acceptances or rejections for a bit, so I'm curious about when people will start hearing back. There are still two days left in the month, so maybe it'll be pretty soon.

Last edited:
Did anyone else who already interviewed just get an email stating "I regret that the Admissions Committee is unable to offer you an interview."?

Melinda from some car insurance just called... Almost had a heart attack when I heard my phone ring

Reactions: 2 users
Just received the phone call! Hold onto hope everyone, you got this!

Reactions: 3 users
Also just got the phone call as well! So excited!

Reactions: 6 users
Congratulations to you both (and I was definitely rooting for mybluedog!!!). Is anyone getting rejections today? My phone doesn't have service right now so I won't get a call no matter what and am just waiting to hear back by email... haven't heard anything at all since my January interview.

I interviewed late September 2017 haha.
This makes some of us feel better! Interviewed back in November and figured I was getting a silent rejection. Congrats to you!

This makes some of us feel better! Interviewed back in November and figured I was getting a silent rejection. Congrats to you!

March 15th is the deadline for medical schools to send out acceptances and make the alternate list, correct?

March 15th is the deadline for medical schools to send out acceptances and make the alternate list, correct?
So I think it is the date for schools to send out ENOUGH to fill seats (60 for WSU). If not, I assume it is what you said

Last edited:
Got the call this week as well! :banana: Very blessed and hope to be an encouragement for everyone, hold on to hope!

Anyone hear anything this week? Wait lists, rejections, acceptances?

Just as an FYI, I doubt this next week will bring any news. It's the last week of our term, and there is a bunch of accreditation meetings and such going on - on top of all the normal end of term stuff. I could be completely wrong though so don't hold me to that!