2017-2018 University of Texas - Southwestern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thats weird. Same stats, similar transmission date, and same situation (multiple II's but nothing from McGovern)
I've gotten multiple IIs and haven't heard from either McGovern or UTSA :p

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
From what I know about you (we're applying to the same schools, not trying to be creepy lol) I don't know why any school wouldn't be snatching you up. You seem like an excellent applicant, I think McGovern may just have an odd process for sending out II's.
My guess is the same. I highly doubt there's any reason McGovern wouldn't send us IIs when we clearly have nothing alarming in our application (I.e. glaring flaws) as we already have interviews elsewhere. My guess is it's a mix between stats and maybe where you live. People who have huge distances to travel may get reviewed first to avoid having to schedule around school. Or maybe they hate us. :)

Reactions: 1 users
My guess is the same. I highly doubt there's any reason McGovern wouldn't send us IIs when we clearly have nothing alarming in our application (I.e. glaring flaws) as we already have interviews elsewhere. My guess is it's a mix between stats and maybe where you live. People who have huge distances to travel may get reviewed first to avoid having to schedule around school. Or maybe they hate us. :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Last year McGovern sent out IIs only starting mid to late August, and continued sending them through December for January interview dates! Each school has its own way of deciding on interviews, so please do not lose heart this early. Enjoy and make the most of each interview you get because you never know which school will be a great place for you.

Reactions: 2 users
I think McGovern and Long Med may be targeting URMs first

I understand what you are saying jdav_7 and know you don't mean to offend, but may I suggest you rephrase your last sentence? It might be offensive to some. Just my $0.02.

From what I know about you (we're applying to the same schools, not trying to be creepy lol) I don't know why any school wouldn't be snatching you up. You seem like an excellent applicant, I think McGovern may just have an odd process for sending out II's.

Thank you, I hope you're right. Good luck to you!

I understand what you are saying jdav_7 and know you don't mean to offend, but may I suggest you rephrase your last sentence? It might be offensive to some. Just my $0.02.

Sure. I mean that because my Cherokee heritage didn't play any significant role in my life I felt it would be a disservice to put it on my application as URM status is designed to promote diverse physicians who will take special care of target populations.

I think McGovern and Long Med may be targeting URMs first

Haha I'm IS, ORM, LizzyM 73, transmitted mid-May, and have the typical ECs, so now I am confused how I got a McGovern II. Don't fret guys! You will get the II soon! Also, I still haven't got an II from Lubbock and San Antonio. This process is really weird!

Last edited:
jdav_7. Thanks! Sorry, I really did not want to come off as being a word police.

jdav_7. Thanks! Sorry, I really did not want to come off as being a word police.

I completely understand. It's such a sensitive issue that banal remarks can potentially be misconstrued.

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
With regards to McGovern, I don't have super high stats (LizzyM 73), but I still got an II. Their II might have to do with when TMDSAS was transmitted.

My LizzyM is a little lower than yours (~70) and I have not currently received an II to either UTSA or UTH.

Submitted and verified in May.

Sooooo rip

My LizzyM is a little lower than yours (~70) and I have not currently received an II to either UTSA or UTH.

Submitted and verified in May.

Sooooo rip

LizzyM 76 IS ORM in the same boat. I think we will hear from schools in a few weeks.

Also, RELAX Y'ALL, it will be OK!! UTSW is in the middle of orientation week right now, and the first interview this year is about 2 weeks later than the first interview last year. IIs will come eventually. Breathe. Practice interview skills while you wait for IIs.

There is a new tab under the old three tabs that says myinterview if they have extended one.

Also IS applicant with a strong research background.

Wooooo II!!! Silent interviews. Cheers to SDN for the heads up.

Edit: Thank you to @thedarkniteeee for neurotically checking your portal ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Wooooo II!!! Silent interviews. Cheers to SDN for the heads up.

I think they're sending emails tomorrow because.we have to pick dates for like two other events and they say that u can find the info in "the email"

I think they're sending emails tomorrow because.we have to pick dates for like two other events and they say that u can find the info in "the email"
Soooooo who else is in the non-interview pile? :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

my options are 9/23 or 9/30. what about everyone else?

Also don't have an II

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not real sure honestly I just checked it thirty minutes ago!
Yeah they still haven't sent out any emails so I'd assume it's all the same wave.

Reactions: 2 users
Is everyone interviewing doing the Friday morning and afternoon programs? Debating between the 2 dates offered but can't make the Friday on one of them due to a conflict and wondering how truly optional the optional programs are.

Is everyone interviewing doing the Friday morning and afternoon programs? Debating between the 2 dates offered but can't make the Friday on one of them due to a conflict and wondering how truly optional the optional programs are.

Assuming I get an II, I will not do the Friday tour so I've asked about this and the consensus is that it is truly optional.

Assuming I get an II, I will not do the Friday tour so I've asked about this and the consensus is that it is truly optional.
from their web page it doesn't look as if the Friday part is optional. Admissions Process: Medical School – UT Southwestern, Dallas, TX
Did you speak to someone at the school or a fellow applicant?

**edited to add - several applicants have confirmed that when responding to the interview invitation, you may indicate whether or not you will attend the Friday rounds, tours and dinner.
If you opt out, though, be sure to be there on time (meaning 20-30 min early!) for your interviews the next day!

Last edited: