2017-2018 University of Texas - Southwestern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone heard of any news? I feel like everyone is waiting until June 1st to see what happens

Members don't see this ad.

I can't imagine how stressful this must be for you all, I'm sorry you have to go through it :(

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is no one getting off of the waitlist this year? I give up...

Reactions: 1 user
The Facebook group has only added like 1 or 2 people that look like acceptances within the past two weeks or so. This is so hard! Maybe they will surprise us with something tomorrow?

I guess if anything happens, its gotta be tommo before 5pm for IS.

The Facebook group has only added like 1 or 2 people that look like acceptances within the past two weeks or so. This is so hard! Maybe they will surprise us with something tomorrow?
I wouldn't rely on the facebook group, people might have gotten in last December and just found the group now.

I guess if anything happens, its gotta be tommo before 5pm for IS.
Is that right? Im trying to decide what to do with my life for the next year, so it would be cool if i knew when the final straw on med school will be, so i can start planning for vacays etc. :p

*refreshes email every thirty seconds*

*nothing happens*

PLZ LUV ME UTSW PLZ

It is kind of strange that this is the first year (at least in the last four) that there’s been like NO posts of getting in off the waitlist at the end of May. I think the last waitlist post was like beginning of May

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted off the WL last night!
IS, LizzyM 74.70
There is still hope!

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted off the WL last night!
IS, LizzyM 74.70
There is still hope!

Congrats! Thanks for posting. Looks like they did send out a batch last night- you’re the only sdn person who posted otherwise I would have thought they didn’t even send any out

Last edited:
Facebook group went up by 8 people. I called admissions to ask if anymore offers are going out today and she said “the person who would know that is out of the office today” so I’m guessing that means no. Well chosen day off lol I’m giving up now. :( goodbye southwestern dream. It was fun while it lasted

Last edited:
I just received an acceptance here last night, but I will be declining the offer today, so another spot should open for one of you guys soon!!! :)

Facebook group went up by 8 people. I called admissions to ask if anymore offers are going out today and she said “the person who would know that is out of the office today” so I’m guessing that means no. Well chosen day off lol I’m giving up now. :( goodbye southwestern dream. It was fun while it lasted
Sorry to hear :( but I'm sure you will be super happy where you got in so it's going to be ok :)

If any of ya'll are bored waiting for school to start, DM me. We're hiring an MCAT instructor for the summer in Dallas.

Anybody still on the waitlist heard anything back from the admissions committee about updates? They said they would send out an email in the spring with updates but I still haven't received any and I emailed them last Thursday and haven't received a response.

Anybody still on the waitlist heard anything back from the admissions committee about updates? They said they would send out an email in the spring with updates but I still haven't received any and I emailed them last Thursday and haven't received a response.
If you haven't heard anything I imagine you're still under consideration, but at this point if there are any more changes to the list of incoming students it would be MAYBE one person. Have you re-applied?

If you haven't heard anything I imagine you're still under consideration, but at this point if there are any more changes to the list of incoming students it would be MAYBE one person. Have you re-applied?

Yes I've already submitted my apps for the 2019 cycle, I figured there would be little or no movement from here on out, but I was curious to see what UTSW had to say.

Yes I've already submitted my apps for the 2019 cycle, I figured there would be little or no movement from here on out, but I was curious to see what UTSW had to say.
Yeah just based on things I've heard unofficially said at school, there is very very little movement after June 1st. Sorry you're having to reapply, reinterview, etc, that's a ton of extra time, work, and worry.