2017-2018 University of Oklahoma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know what they mean by maintaining acadamic standards? Does it just mean, "don't fail out?"
In what context? It probably means academic integrity, honesty, etc

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know when we start enrolling and getting prepared for the fall? I'm wanting to take a two week trip out of state this summer, but I don't want to miss anything.

Does anyone know when we start enrolling and getting prepared for the fall? I'm wanting to take a two week trip out of state this summer, but I don't want to miss anything.
Orientation starts Aug 14, so if your trip ends in July you should be okay. You can also call admissions

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does any girl that has been accepted and planning on attending OU COM searching for a roommate? If so, please message me!

Has anyone from the mass acceptance day in December gotten their acceptance letter in snail mail yet? I just want to make sure mine hasn't gotten lost in the mail.

@aab865 no acceptance letter either, wouldn't be surprised if they didn't wait until after the april 30th (I think that's the date), why send a letter and pay for postage for someone who may end up going somewhere else

@aab865 I think they might just be slower in sending the physical letter, I was accepted in early November and they mailed my letter a month and a half later.

I was told they are targeting next week for hard copy of letters. Has everyone accepted in December received login information or are others still waiting? I'm wondering if I missed mine.

I was told they are targeting next week for hard copy of letters. Has everyone accepted in December received login information or are others still waiting? I'm wondering if I missed mine.

I received mine, have you checked your spam folder?

Members don't see this ad :)
I received mine, have you checked your spam folder?
Thanks! I've been checking but wasn't looking too closely until I saw that some people had received the email, so I may have missed it. Does the login email show up on the apply-website communication status list under the status tab? If so, then I haven't received it. Otherwise, I'm thinking I might have missed it. Thanks again.

I don't believe it shows up there. I got two emails about the set up for my email. One giving me instructions, and one sending me the link to the secure setup.

Has anyone else who interviewed 1/7 or 1/8 received word back yet? I interviewed at both campuses; COM on 1/7 and SCM on 1/12.

Last edited:
Are those of us that were deferred and/or interviewed in January supposed to hear back around (approximately) February 14th? I believe that's what we were told during my interview in OKC but I cannot recall exactly. TIA!

Are those of us that were deferred and/or interviewed in January supposed to hear back around (approximately) February 14th? I believe that's what we were told during my interview in OKC but I cannot recall exactly. TIA!

That’s what I was told as well. However, according to last years thread, people heard back around Feb. 1!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FYI: If you have accepted your offer and you should have received an email to setup your email account. If not, contact OUHSC IT. If you volunteered at OU medical you may already have an account and might be receiving school related emails through it.

Late Dec acceptance, got official letter today , envelope could've used a "do not bend" at least

So I guess no one heard anything today... ugh... and now another stressful weekend .

I was deferred last year and didn't hear anything until around Valentines day just as a heads up. Could be different this year but you never know!

Accepted mid January, received my official letter in the mail yesterday (big red envelope)

Reactions: 2 users
Late Dec acceptance, got official letter today , envelope could've used a "do not bend" at least

Hey, at least you got yours! I'm about to graduate and still haven't got mine :(

idk whether I should be excited or nervous for this week
(deferred in December - Dec 1 interview with OU, Jan 8th with SCM)

Does anyone know anything about OU scholarships? Like how many they give out and do we have to fill out a scholarship application?
I've been offered a scholarship by OSU, and I'm trying to decided between OU and OSU.

According to the MSAR page for OU, they hand out $2,750,000 in financial aid every year to their students.

Does anyone know anything about OU scholarships? Like how many they give out and do we have to fill out a scholarship application?
I've been offered a scholarship by OSU, and I'm trying to decided between OU and OSU.
Congrats on the scholarship!

Browsing past threads people began reporting receiving financial aid packages in late April or May. It looks like the main scholarship app is the Sooner Scholarship: ou.edu/scholarships/ou/SoonerHeritage.html . I've heard it's a brief app but it has not opened for the spring yet. Some other smaller scholarships can be found here: ouhsc.edu/financialservices/SFA/basis_of_awards.asp

I did call the financial aid office and they confirmed there's not a supplemental application (like the CSS profile), they only need the FAFSA. I was told I did not need to include parental info - I can't remember if that's true for everyone or only non-traditional applicants.

If you learn any more details, or they give you a better idea of the timeline for financial aid please update!

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats on the scholarship!

Browsing past threads people began reporting receiving financial aid packages in late April or May. It looks like the main scholarship app is the Sooner Scholarship: ou.edu/scholarships/ou/SoonerHeritage.html . I've heard it's a brief app but it has not opened for the spring yet. Some other smaller scholarships can be found here: ouhsc.edu/financialservices/SFA/basis_of_awards.asp

I did call the financial aid office and they confirmed there's not a supplemental application (like the CSS profile), they only need the FAFSA. I was told I did not need to include parental info - I can't remember if that's true for everyone or only non-traditional applicants.

If you learn any more details, or they give you a better idea of the timeline for financial aid please update!
Thanks!

Any word on when the next round of acceptances will come?

Received an e-mail about ten minutes ago. I'm 1 of 55 waitlisted applicants. Does anyone know what the waitlist stats usually are? (Turnover, etc.?) TIA!

Received an e-mail about ten minutes ago. I'm 1 of 55 waitlisted applicants. Does anyone know what the waitlist stats usually are? (Turnover, etc.?) TIA!
As am I!!! Lol no idea how much movement, but just hoping for the best!

Accepted at 1:07! Interviewed at OKC 1/8 and SCM 1/26

Reactions: 3 users
Waitlisted here as well. Little sad about having to wait more, but trying to be positive!
Gonna go to the reapplicant's workshop and hope for the best from there

Based on last year's thread - we can definitely always call to see how may people have been moved off the waitlist. There's no expected turnover rate, could be like 16 could be like 30 - really just depends. Big movement seems to be near the deadline with multiple acceptances and a little in the summer (May/June-ish) and they start trimming in mid-late July

When it says they'll notify us in writing, I assume that means email? Or do they send an actual letter

Accepted today! Interviewed for OU-OKC on 1/7! Truly shocked I got in, but couldn’t be more excited. :). To everyone waitlisted, I know two people that are current 1st years and they were waitlisted last year.

Reactions: 4 users
Got a letter from the chair of the scholarship committee yesterday saying I was awarded a one-time scholarship, but I didn't fill out any scholarship applications. If it helps any, I was accepted on the first day acceptances went out so I bet they slowly work their way down.

edit: removed amount because that doesn't matter

Any IS applicants receive scholarship info as well? Wondering if it's an OOS only thing (like how TX schools give OOSers scholarships to match in-state tuition) or a high stats things

Any IS applicants receive scholarship info as well? Wondering if it's an OOS only thing (like how TX schools give OOSers scholarships to match in-state tuition) or a high stats things
I was accepted in mid January, paid my deposit and submitted by background check and have not received any scholarship info. (I'm in state). May hear more once my FASFA is processed.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone called about the waitlist this week? I know there's a slim chance that they've experienced movement, just curious.

I was accepted in mid January, paid my deposit and submitted by background check and have not received any scholarship info. (I'm in state). May hear more once my FASFA is processed.

I found this document, and at the bottom it says that they will consider financial awards after receiving the fafsa.

I thought FAFSA was for financial aid like loans? Is it necessary for possibly merit based scholarships as well?

@DougStamper did you fill out the FAFSA prior to getting your award letter?

Hey wait list buddies! Just called the admissions office, there are currently 27 students holding multiple acceptances and there has been no movement off the wait list! Hope everyone is hanging in there!