2017-2018 University of Arizona - Phoenix

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I got the email for a hold today, same as Tucson campus. Phoenix!
When were you complete? IS, OOS, LM?
Hold means they'll look at you again in the next round, right? So not as good as an interview, but definitely better than rejection. Hang in there!

I have similar stats and work full time in allied health in OOS hospital Level II trauma. Hoping! Wishing you the best on interview!
Thanks! Good luck to you too! Keep the faith, believe in your hard work, you haven't come this far to not make it.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Bummer. Sorry to hear it! IS? OOS? When did you submit the secondary?
Best of luck on the rest of your cycle! It only takes one.

I submitted July 24th and I was OOS. I know I am trying to see the positives for sure I received UCLA's secondary today to make up for it.

Anyone notice the average time between your file being under review and hearing anything? IS and its been under review for a few weeks I think, complete 07/24. Haven't heard anything yet.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone notice the average time between your file being under review and hearing anything? IS and its been under review for a few weeks I think, complete 07/24. Haven't heard anything yet.
I want to say I've noticed about a month average? I'm IS and submitted around the same time. We just gotta demonstrate our patience!

waiting on II is almost as bad as waiting on the MCAT score lol
I'm in the exact same boat as both of you! Submitted 07/29.
submitted secondary 7/26 and haven't heard anything either, but did notice there has been a green check under "application under review" for about 2 weeks now.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was complete 7/10 and am still (patiently-ish) waiting. They did need a syllabus to clarify a pre-rec so that probably slowed things down a bit.

Rejected today. OOS, no ties. Submitted 8/1. Good luck all!

Rejected two days ago. OOS with no ties. Complete 8/8. It went to my spam so just found it today. Good luck everyone!

Rejected two days ago. OOS with no ties. Complete 8/8. It went to my spam so just found it today. Good luck everyone!
Was this post-secondary?

I know it's still relatively early in the process, but they just updated their admissions tracker again. Has anyone received an interview invite recently?

admissions tracker was updated again (lol I'm relentlessly stalking it). Looks like no additional in state interviews have been given out since the last update.

admissions tracker was updated again (lol I'm relentlessly stalking it). Looks like no additional in state interviews have been given out since the last update.
Please love me UofA...

Yeah, exactly. So does that mean that there haven't been any recent interviews handed out?
Seems like it. Phoenix for me (IS) has been radio silence since July 24th when I completed, not sure what to think of it. From that poster in here, we should take it as positive since we haven't been rejected or waitlisted. No news may be good news but it doesn't make it any easier waiting :whistle:

Reactions: 2 users
Seems like it. Phoenix for me (IS) has been radio silence since July 24th when I completed, not sure what to think of it. From that poster in here, we should take it as positive since we haven't been rejected or waitlisted. No news may be good news but it doesn't make it any easier waiting :whistle:

Yeah, I do believe that's true. They don't do "silent rejections". I think they either reject you, invite you for an interview, or continue evaluating your application. So I guess silence truly means that you are still in the running for an interview.

No news is good news guys. Hang in there!
Is no news good news if you applied early (complete mid-July) but haven't heard anything except the complete email? I'd imagine that my app has already been reviewed--as others who were complete in Aug already got IIs or rejection letters--but a decision wasn't made on my app so the ADCOM put it to the side indefinitely - so not exactly a "hold" but more like "we will come back to your app at the end of the cycle to re-review it assuming we still have II spots"
Yeah, I do believe that's true. They don't do "silent rejections". I think they either reject you, invite you for an interview, or continue evaluating your application. So I guess silence truly means that you are still in the running for an interview.
they also send "hold" emails....i'm not sure if silence is better than a "hold"

Is no news good news if you applied early (complete mid-July) but haven't heard anything except the complete email? I'd imagine that my app has already been reviewed--as others who were complete in Aug already got IIs or rejection letters--but a decision wasn't made on my app so the ADCOM put it to the side indefinitely - so not exactly a "hold" but more like "we will come back to your app at the end of the cycle to re-review it assuming we still have II spots"

they also send "hold" emails....i'm not sure if silence is better than a "hold"

I dont think they wait to re-review you at the end. Its more like "I'm not willing to say no yet or put you on hold"

Just had my interview here on Monday, the dean said that last year they had 5300 students apply, and this year they already have 5600 applications. If they haven't contacted you it's probably because they are a bit swamped with so many applications

Just had my interview here on Monday, the dean said that last year they had 5300 students apply, and this year they already have 5600 applications. If they haven't contacted you it's probably because they are a bit swamped with so many applications

My opinion is that they are swamped with out of state applications, specifically. If you look at the applicant snapshot, which includes a four year average of applications, the out of state applications this year have already exceeded the four year average by 1000. The in state applications don't seem to have had this much of a spike and are currently below the average in the snapshot.

MD Program - Applicant Snapshot

My opinion is that they are swamped with out of state applications, specifically. If you look at the applicant snapshot, which includes a four year average of applications, the out of state applications this year have already exceeded the four year average by 1000. The in state applications don't seem to have had this much of a spike and are currently below the average in the snapshot.

MD Program - Applicant Snapshot
I'm really hoping that's true! (IS applicant here playing the numbers game lol)

I feel like I've been left on "read" after sending a risky text

Reactions: 5 users
I feel like I've been left on "read" after sending a risky text
Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 9.46.07 AM.png

Reactions: 15 users
Rejected just now. Completed 7/20. T_T that's ok though. Still hopeful for other schools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my top choice school so waiting on an email is torturous.
Completed 8/1. IS, LizzyM 69

This is my top choice school so waiting on an email is torturous.
Completed 8/1. IS, LizzyM 69
I know the feeling. Was completed 07/24, have heard nothing at all from Phoenix.
I was complete Tucson 07/20 and got a hold 08/31.
Same IS, same Lizzy at 69.

I know the feeling. Was completed 07/24, have heard nothing at all from Phoenix.
I was complete Tucson 07/20 and got a hold 08/31.
Same IS, same Lizzy at 69.
Wow, 07/24? I was sure I'd get an email next week but it seems like there's still a lot of people who haven't heard anything. But I really think that if you submitted at that point and haven't heard anything, it's good. Because people completed over a week into August have gotten rejections/holds. Fingers crossed! Are you a UA undergrad?

Last edited:
Wow, 07/24? I was sure I'd get an email next week but it seems like there's still a lot of people who haven't heard anything. But I really think that if you submitted at that point and haven't heard anything, it's good. Because people completed over a week into August have gotten rejections/holds. Fingers crossed! Are you a UA undergrad? GCU here.
Completed 7/4 and silence here. IS as well

Completed 7/4 and silence here. IS as well
And I thought 07/24 was suffering. But Phoenix motto seems to really be that no news is good news. Unless they just wait to reject IS at the end which would not be fun, I'd rather know now.

And I thought 07/24 was suffering. But Phoenix motto seems to really be that no news is good news. Unless they just wait to reject IS at the end which would not be fun, I'd rather know now.
I'm already dead inside from this cycle. Being done with all secondaries by mid July is both a blessing and a curse.

Reactions: 3 users

Hey, sorry to hear that. Do you mind sharing your stats?