2017-2018 University of Arizona - Phoenix

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was complete 7/22 and still have the "review" status as well. I think you guys can relate to the jittery, wonderful/horrible feeling! Either they dropped my application behind a desk somewhere and forgot about me, or they're really debating whether to send me an II. Either way, the application page is one of my most visited sites on Google Chrome. It basically opens itself every morning.

Members don't see this ad :)
the application page is one of my most visited sites
Like Pavlov's dog, just reading this made me go look - again. I feel like I have been complete forever, but it has only been since 8/24. Not even one month! lol. I'm glad we SDNers have each other to keep company.

Reactions: 1 user
I was complete 7/22 and still have the "review" status as well. I think you guys can relate to the jittery, wonderful/horrible feeling! Either they dropped my application behind a desk somewhere and forgot about me, or they're really debating whether to send me an II. Either way, the application page is one of my most visited sites on Google Chrome. It basically opens itself every morning.
yeah i was complete the same time as well and have been stuck on "review" s
Too silent these days. its been weeks without invites
when were you complete? i submitted secondary mid/late july and still nothing :(
when were you complete?

Second of the day. :(
Oh that hurts, I'm bummed for you!
I've been seeing lots of rejections on SDN this morning to the point where I'm scared to open my email. Maybe time to get out of the house for a while.
Hope the rest of your cycle goes well!

Admissions tracker was just updated. No new interview sent out.

Admissions tracker was just updated. No new interview sent out.
I guess that's good news, in a way, if you haven't heard back yet...still plenty of interviews to go out based on their applicant snapshot from past years.

So I got an interview invite on the 19th but didn't receive a notification to my email, regular inbox or junk. But when I checked their portal it had an interview tab so maybe if you haven't been given an update check their portal just in case?

So I got an interview invite on the 19th but didn't receive a notification to my email, regular inbox or junk. But when I checked their portal it had an interview tab so maybe if you haven't been given an update check their portal just in case?
When were you complete, if you don't mind sharing?

Members don't see this ad :)
It kind of looks like they did a big round of in state IIs, now they are working through OOS. There hasn't been much for IS for a while.

Can anyone confirm whether UA-P takes updates? I'm fairly certain they don't, but having trouble finding a clear answer on the website. I'm currently taking a required course, and of course want to update them of the grades and all that jazz. If a school doesn't accept updates, do you just have to wait until potential acceptance to send all that in?

Recent interview invitation here! OOS, LizzyM 67, tons of community service and work experience. Not a URM. Don't give up hope because of stats!

Reactions: 3 users
got an II a few days ago around 7 in the morning - complete 7/20. OOS, not URM, LizzyM is.. a 69 I believe!

Reactions: 3 users
Five new IIS and 20 new OOS interviews according to the tracker...

Gotta love Arizona state medical schools! Where more interview invites have been handed out to OOS applicants so far than in state...how many state schools can say that in the country at this stage in the application cycle? So proud of our state funded medical schools!

Just checked MSAR. Phoenix is one of the rare state schools that interviewed MORE students OOS than in state last year. Awesome!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
You can always address your concern to our Dean of Admissions who frequents here. Also, just to be clear the class does historically end up being more IS than OOS. My class is about 70-30 with IS being the 70. Its actually mandated that the class be at least 50% Arizona residents.

You can always address your concern to our Dean of Admissions who frequents here. Also, just to be clear the class does historically end up being more IS than OOS. My class is about 70-30 with IS being the 70. Its actually mandated that the class be at least 50% Arizona residents.
Yeah, and I'm not outright saying that there's anything wrong with OOS applicants....there are so many qualified candidates, but Phoenix is definitely one of the few public state schools that interviewed more OOS candidates than IS candidates last year, according to MSAR. It would be nice to get more insight into the reasoning behind this. Ultimately, state tax dollars go to the school and a major goal of these institutions should be to train physicians who will serve Arizona. IS applicants, who have legit ties to the state, are more likely to do that. The school turns away plenty of qualified IS candidates, so I am curious to hear from the Dean why all things considered, UA Phoenix is so friendly to OOS candidates, especially considering the small class size. It would be a slightly different story if this was a huge university which offered 20-30 spots to OOS candidates. The school is already very small, yet still is favorable to OOS candidates.

Yeah, and I'm not outright saying that there's anything wrong with OOS applicants....there are so many qualified candidates, but Phoenix is definitely one of the few public state schools that interviewed more OOS candidates than IS candidates last year, according to MSAR. It would be nice to get more insight into the reasoning behind this. Ultimately, state tax dollars go to the school and a major goal of these institutions should be to train physicians who will serve Arizona. IS applicants, who have legit ties to the state, are more likely to do that. The school turns away plenty of qualified IS candidates, so I am curious to hear from the Dean why all things considered, UA Phoenix is so friendly to OOS candidates, especially considering the small class size. It would be a slightly different story if this was a huge university which offered 20-30 spots to OOS candidates. The school is already very small, yet still is favorable to OOS candidates.

What were the percentages you're seeing in MSAR? Historically speaking, it usually ends up being almost a 50/50 split when it comes to interviews. Its a bit skewed right now because not all interviews have been given out. I definitely don't think its favorable when you look at all the statistics. I felt like it was an uphill battle for me as a OOS student.

Let's break down your comment about "training physicians that will serve Arizona." Who's to say that you wouldn't have an OOS student that will ultimately train and serve Arizona? I'm certainly one of them seriously considering staying in state. The problem is we have a severe residency shortage here in Arizona. Not everyone that comes to school here can stay and train here. That's something we should certainly address if you want to address your comment. Also, who's also to say that those who live in Arizona and go to school in Arizona actually want to stay in Arizona? I have many friends who graduated that wanted to spread their wings and go out of state to train. You can't really say that x=x when you talk about Arizona state residents.

What were the percentages you're seeing in MSAR? Historically speaking, it usually ends up being almost a 50/50 split when it comes to interviews. Its a bit skewed right now because not all interviews have been given out. I definitely don't think its favorable when you look at all the statistics. I felt like it was an uphill battle for me as a OOS student.

Let's break down your comment about "training physicians that will serve Arizona." Who's to say that you wouldn't have an OOS student that will ultimately train and serve Arizona? I'm certainly one of them seriously considering staying in state. The problem is we have a severe residency shortage here in Arizona. Not everyone that comes to school here can stay and train here. That's something we should certainly address if you want to address your comment. Also, who's also to say that those who live in Arizona and go to school in Arizona actually want to stay in Arizona? I have many friends who graduated that wanted to spread their wings and go out of state to train. You can't really say that x=x when you talk about Arizona state residents.

Last cycle, according to MSAR, 189 interviews were given to OOS students and 163 interviews were given to IS students. UA Phoenix, let me emphasize, is one of the few public state medical schools in the entire NATION who gives more interviews to OOS students than IS students. Yes, it's very very hard as an OOS student to gain admission here. However, I also think that many OOS students, particularly from California, apply to Phoenix because they know that the school, relative to most public state schools, hands out a large portion of interviews to OOS candidates. Which came first the chicken or the egg? To me, Phoenix gets so many OOS applicants every year because applicants look at the MSAR data and see that they hand out more interviews to OOS candidates than IS candidates, therefore, they add Phoenix to their long list of schools.

About serving to train Arizona:
1. You're absolutely right that an OOS student could ultimately train and serve Arizona. I guess it's up to the admissions office to determine the ties to the state, aside from being/not being a state resident.
2. You're also definitely right that many people who have been in Arizona for a long time want to train out of the state. However, those people are also likely to have family/ties to the state and might be more likely to return after training to settle down. There's no way to prove this...BUT I would ask people generally: why do you think most public state medical schools across the entire nation accept/are favorable towards IS students? Is this based on any logic at all? To me, it's because those state schools want to train the future clinicians/leaders of that state and in-state students with ties to the state are more likely, in the long run, to settle down in that state. Again, I think it is extremely notable that Phoenix is one of the few public state medical schools in the entire nation to offer more interviews to OOS candidates than IS candidates. I don't see a clear explanation from anyone about why this is the case and I think the Dean of the campus should provide a good explanation/answer. Yes, 50% of spots must go to IS students. If you look across the entire nation though, most IS schools are more favorable towards their IS applicants than the Phoenix campus is to Arizona residents. It's really a shame if you're an Arizona resident because Phoenix is a very good medical school and should be training more in-state applicants.

Also--for the record--I have no doubt that the OOS candidates Phoenix matriculates are very well-qualified. My point is not that they do not deserve to be in medical school. My point is that UA Phoenix is doing a disservice to Arizona residents by being one of the only medical schools in the entire country who hands out more interviews to out of state residents than in state residents. This is especially egregious, in my opinion, if you consider the fact that the class size at Phoenix is already so small.

You're OOS, I think. Clearly, you've been contributing to the Phoenix medical school's SDN threads a lot over the years, so obviously OOS candidates can be great assets for the university. My point though is that the Dean and the entire admissions office needs to do a better job of explaining why this campus is one of the few medical schools in the entire United States of America that interviews more out of state candidates than in state candidates.

Also, I am more so just venting about being an Arizona resident, not trying to insult the medical school. The Phoenix campus is a great school...which is why I would love to go there. The Tucson campus, though not perfect, is far friendlier to IS applicants.

You're OOS, I think. Clearly, you've been contributing to the Phoenix medical school's SDN threads a lot over the years, so obviously OOS candidates can be great assets for the university. My point though is that the Dean and the entire admissions office needs to do a better job of explaining why this campus is one of the few medical schools in the entire United States of America that interviews more out of state candidates than in state candidates.

Also, I am more so just venting about being an Arizona resident, not trying to insult the medical school. The Phoenix campus is a great school...which is why I would love to go there. The Tucson campus, though not perfect, is far friendlier to IS applicants.

Over the past three years I've been here I've seen it usually shake down to be 50/50 with more IS than OOS in each class. I understand that seeing what you're seeing can be very frustrating but I'm thinking you may be overseeing something or something is misrepresented. Maybe there was more that were accepted and came to the interview. I'll let our Dean address those numbers.

Hi everyone,

Allow me to introduce myself. I am Dr. Glen Fogerty and currently serve as the Interim Assistant Dean of Admissions and Recruitment at the UA College of Medicine - Phoenix. Additionally, I hold a faculty appointment as Assistant Professor in the Department of Bioethics and Medical Humanism and serve as the Co-Block Director for our first medical school course - Introduction to Medicine.

I joined the SDN thread last year about this time and wanted to, once again, share a few thoughts with you - our applicants - as we move through this application season. I hope that you do not mind that I monitor this conversation but I want to ensure you all have the most accurate information regarding our medical school.

There are a few items I initially wanted to share with you. These include:

Full Accreditation. We were excited this past spring to receive full accreditation from the LCME. It was certainly a thorough process where our faculty, staff, and students were able to showcase our campus, curriculum, and culture. We can now continue to proudly move forward as we serve our community, state, and beyond.

New Dean. We are excited to welcome Dean Guy Reed to our campus. He has seamlessly integrated himself into our culture and has already began to set a course of action for us that has both gave recognition to our past but holds us accountable for our future. It will be an exciting time moving forward. Here is a link to his Dean's Message: Dean's Message.

Questions on our Process. I continue to see posts with questions about our admissions process as well as a few responses with your best guesses on what we do in various situations. I wanted to let you know that you are welcome to contact our Office of Admissions and Recruitment to get the answers you are seeking. Please do not be shy to reach out. As the say, the only non-smart question is the one that is not asked. You can call us directly at 602.827.2005 or email us at [email protected].

Timing of Invitations. Along these same lines, many conversations have tried to find a timeline pattern to when someone submits an application and when they should hear from us. There is no formula here. We read applications as they come in but after that point many variables come into play. We could directly invite to interview...we could directly deny...we could request additional material... or we could read an application and wish to hold for further consideration to compare against future applications. As you see, many scenarios come into play. In the end, please trust that we give each application full consideration and we do our best to connect with each applicant in a timely manner.

In-State vs. Out-of-State. This seems to be a question theme each year. With this in mind, let me share our last four-year average on applications, interviews, offers and acceptances.
  • Applications. We have averaged just over 800 applications from Arizona and 4,000 from out of state. This equates to 17% AZ and 83% out of state.
  • Interviews. It gets much closer here. The last four years we have averaged 188 interviews scheduled for Arizona residents and 186 for out of state residents. As you could calculate, this would be a 50/50 split.
  • Offers. With the Arizona Board of Regents mandating that 50% of our class is made up from Arizona residents - and our medical school also wishing to serve our Arizona community - you can see the offers extended change just a bit. Here we averaged about 57% of offers to AZ residents and 43% to out of state residents. I believe this is a fair division to meet our mandate but - concurrently - ensure a diverse class.
  • Acceptances. In the end, we have traditionally ended up with 70-75% of our class being from Arizona. Hence, 25-30% out of state. This makes sense as the AAMC has reported in the past that over 60% of all applicants that get accepted into their home state institution will accept that offer.
Here is a link to the actual data points I shared above: MD Program - Applicant Snapshot.

This Admission Cycle. We are about a third of the way through. We have completed three of our ten applicant visit days and have extended about a third of our invitations to interview. The Admissions Committee is diligently reviewing applications and we are excited to start extending our first offers on October 16th.​

To those that have heard from us with an invitation to interview or have already interviewed - I wish you the best. For those that have not gotten good news from us - I hope you are able to get good news from another institution. Finally, to those that have not heard from us to date - great luck moving forward! And please stay patient. We have already passed the 6,000 mark on applications this year (versus 4,700 last year) and still more are coming in. Nevertheless, our office will give full consideration to each application and we appreciate your patience as we move through the process.

All my best,

Dr. Fogerty

Glen T. Fogerty, PhD
Interim Assistant Dean, Admissions & Recruitment
Assistant Professor, Bioethics & Medical Humanism
Co-Block Director, Introduction to Medicine
UA College of Medicine – Phoenix

Reactions: 9 users
Hi everyone,

Allow me to introduce myself. I am Dr. Glen Fogerty and currently serve as the Interim Assistant Dean of Admissions and Recruitment at the UA College of Medicine - Phoenix. Additionally, I hold a faculty appointment as Assistant Professor in the Department of Bioethics and Medical Humanism and serve as the Co-Block Director for our first medical school course - Introduction to Medicine.

I joined the SDN thread last year about this time and wanted to, once again, share a few thoughts with you - our applicants - as we move through this application season. I hope that you do not mind that I monitor this conversation but I want to ensure you all have the most accurate information regarding our medical school.

Full Accreditation. We were excited this past spring to receive full accreditation from the LCME. It was certainly a thorough process where our faculty, staff, and students were able to showcase our campus, curriculum, and culture. We can now continue to proudly move forward as we serve our community, state, and beyond.

New Dean. We are excited to welcome Dean Guy Reed to our campus. He has seamlessly integrated himself into our culture and has already began to set a course of action for us that has both gave recognition to our past but holds us accountable for our future. It will be an exciting time moving forward. Here is a link to his Dean's Message: Dean's Message.

Questions on our Process. I continue to see posts with questions about our admissions process as well as a few responses with your best guesses on what we do in various situations. I wanted to let you know that you are welcome to contact our Office of Admissions and Recruitment to get the answers you are seeking. Please do not be shy to reach out. As the say, the only non-smart question is the one that is not asked. You can call us directly at 602.827.2005 or email us at [email protected].

Timing of Invitations. Along these same lines, many conversations have tried to find a timeline pattern to when someone submits an application and when they should hear from us. There is no formula here. We read applications as they come in but after that point many variables come into play. We could directly invite to interview...we could directly deny...we could request additional material... or we could read an application and wish to hold for further consideration to compare against future applications. As you see, many scenarios come into play. In the end, please trust that we give each application full consideration and we do our best to connect with each applicant in a timely manner.

In-State vs. Out-of-State. This seems to be a question theme each year. With this in mind, let me share our last four-year average on applications, interviews, offers and acceptances.
  • Applications. We have averaged just over 800 applications from Arizona and 4,000 from out of state. This equates to 17% AZ and 83% out of state.
  • Interviews. It gets much closer here. The last four years we have averaged 188 interviews scheduled for Arizona residents and 186 for out of state residents. As you could calculate, this would be a 50/50 split.
  • Offers. With the Arizona Board of Regents mandating that 50% of our class is made up from Arizona residents - and our medical school also wishing to serve our Arizona community - you can see the offers extended change just a bit. Here we averaged about 57% of offers to AZ residents and 43% to out of state residents. I believe this is a fair division to meet our mandate but - concurrently - ensure a diverse class.
  • Acceptances. In the end, we have traditionally ended up with 70-75% of our class being from Arizona. Hence, 25-30% out of state. This makes sense as the AAMC has reported in the past that over 60% of all applicants that get accepted into their home state institution will accept that offer.
Here is a link to the actual data points I shared above: MD Program - Applicant Snapshot.

This Admission Cycle. We are about a third of the way through. We have completed three of our ten applicant visit days and have extended about a third of our invitations to interview. The Admissions Committee is diligently reviewing applications and we are excited to start extending our first offers on October 16th.​

To those that have heard from us with an invitation to interview or have already interviewed - I wish you the best. For those that have not gotten good news from us - I hope you are able to get good news from another institution. Finally, to those that have not heard from us to date - great luck moving forward! And please stay patient. We have already passed the 6,000 mark on applications this year (versus 4,700 last year) and still more are coming in. Nevertheless, our office will give full consideration to each application and we appreciate your patience as we move through the process.

All my best,

Dr. Fogerty

Glen T. Fogerty, PhD

100% of applicants named Sixsuit will accept an offer from their home state institution.

I think it is extremely notable that Phoenix is one of the few public state medical schools in the entire nation to offer more interviews to OOS candidates than IS candidates.
True by absolute numbers, but not by percentages: 20% of IS applicants receive interviews, vs. about 4% OOS. Compare to UCLA (for example): 6.3% IS, 5.5% OOS. My guess is that it's *California's* lack of IS preference driving the numbers.

EDIT: In addition to everything that Dr. Fogerty says above, of course! (Yikes - I hit submit before realizing that he had posted.)

Attachments

• UCLA interview odds.png
    UCLA interview odds.png
    29.8 KB · Views: 71
Hi everyone,

New Dean. We are excited to welcome Dean Guy Reed to our campus. He has seamlessly integrated himself into our culture and has already began to set a course of action for us that has both gave recognition to our past but holds us accountable for our future. It will be an exciting time moving forward. Here is a link to his Dean's Message:

Questions on our Process. I continue to see posts with questions about our admissions process as well as a few responses with your best guesses on what we do in various situations. I wanted to let you know that you are welcome to contact our Office of Admissions and Recruitment to get the answers you are seeking. Please do not be shy to reach out. As the say, the only non-smart question is the one that is not asked. You can call us directly at 602.827.2005 or email us

All my best,

Dr. Fogerty

Glen T. Fogerty, PhD

This type of transparency is very notable. I still wish that the interviews offered was more favorable to IS applicants. Tucson similarly receives a large percent of out of state applicants, but gave out 304 IS interviews last cycle and 214 OOS interviews last cycle. Now, they interview and accept more candidates because of the larger class size, but I genuinely believe that this proportion (60-65% of all interviews going to IS candidates) is much more fair for a public institution and would still allow the school to achieve its goal of creating a diverse class. Certainly, there are many qualified IS candidates who are turned down by Phoenix. Now, I understand that this process is difficult for the university and for staff, but I think that the Tucson campus achieves the balance better. Phoenix, as a public institution, in my opinion, could improve by giving a larger proportion of its interviews to IS applicants so that it's around 60-65%. Ultimately, a public institution is designed to train future leaders of that state.

Last edited:
True by absolute numbers, but not by percentages: 20% of IS applicants receive interviews, vs. about 4% OOS. Compare to UCLA (for example): 6.3% IS, 5.5% OOS. My guess is that it's *California's* lack of IS preference driving the numbers.

EDIT: In addition to everything that Dr. Fogerty says above, of course! (Yikes - I hit submit before realizing that he had posted.)

I agree that California being another bad state for IS applicants drives the numbers. I think my conclusion is just that I wish the Phoenix campus tilted the needle slightly more in favor of in-state applicants, like Tucson. Tucson also receive an absurd number of OOS applicants, but gives around 60-65% of their interviews to IS candidates. I am basically repeating myself from the above post, but I just think that a 50/50 split at Phoenix is somewhat unfavorable for IS applicants. If you look at New Mexico, their state medical school has a HEAVY bias for in-state students (280 IS interviews versus only 39 OOS interviews). Why do you think more California applicants don't apply to New Mexico? They see that the institution gives strong preference for IS applicants and are deterred. I don't expect Phoenix to go to the extreme of the University of New Mexico, but I think it's worth discussing the point and I am again wondering if Phoenix could be a little bit more favorable to IS applicants and perhaps shift the interviews offered so that it's more 60-40 instead of 50-50.

But again, I do appreciate the overall transparency of Phoenix a lot and the ability to have this discussion. It's obvious the Tucson campus is trying to follow the lead with their new admissions tracker and having a staff member follow SDN to offer updates, which is something Phoenix has done for a while. Just wish Phoenix could be a little bit more favorable to IS applicants because I think it would benefit the state in the long run. If you create an institution that rewards IS applicants, I think it will incentivize more applicants to continue their roots in Arizona and serve the state in the long run. The flip-side is having a public medical institution that drives qualified Arizona candidates to out of state med schools because they are "too friendly" to OOS applicants. Unfortunately, Arizona is on the lower end of the spectrum when it comes to being favorable to in-state candidates (it's one of the least favorable for IS candidates). It is obviously not as bad as California, but California is also a vastly different state and shouldn't really be compared, in my opinion.

Last edited:
I am OOS, I am surprised why it would be a less stricter requirement for OOS
That is an insane response. It is not a less strict requirement for OOS students, if anything you're competing with way more people...

You realize their average is a 505 right.....

With all due respect, the average MCAT score for students they offer to admit is 509. Check out the "new student profiles," page; I'm unable to create a link in this post.

My concern for Underdog is that with such a large applicant pool (>6000 now) and such a relatively small number of interview offers at this time (133), having a 501 MCAT could be devastating. As of now, UA-Phoenix has offered interviews to just over 2% of applicants. I think anything is technically possible, but it stands to reason that his or her efforts would be better spent on other schools where the mean more closely approximates 501.

With all due respect, the average MCAT score for students they offer to admit is 509. Check out the "new student profiles," page; I'm unable to create a link in this post.

My concern for Underdog is that with such a large applicant pool (>6000 now) and such a relatively small number of interview offers at this time (133), having a 501 MCAT could be devastating. As of now, UA-Phoenix has offered interviews to just over 2% of applicants. I think anything is technically possible, but it stands to reason that his or her efforts would be better spent on other schools where the mean more closely approximates 501.

yeah Amerepedestrian is right, here is the link:
MD Program - Applicant Snapshot

that is a little misleading b/c their MSAR says the median is a 505 but the average is a 509 according to their website... so if they are accepting students below a 505, they are taking students well above a 509 as well

yeah Amerepedestrian is right, here is the link:
MD Program - Applicant Snapshot

that is a little misleading b/c their MSAR says the median is a 505 but the average is a 509 according to their website... so if they are accepting students below a 505, they are taking students well above a 509 as well
I understand that, but this same logic could be applied to most schools, so then is it worth ever applying at all? They all get thousands of applicants. I'm just saying- it isn't unreasonable or crazy for them to apply to UA considering their MSAR. The website shows the average for admissions offers is 509, but I believe it is 505 on MSAR because that the average of people who actually matriculated. Most of the med schools average on MSAR 510+, so regardless, UA is good choice because they're more holistic. It obviously depends on a million factors, but telling them DO/Carribean because of a 501 MCAT when this school accepts a fair amount below 505 (and above. goes without saying) is silly and incorrect. 509 is the top 75% of matriculated students. If you have a 501 MCAT, bad GPA, and very little clinical experience, then probably a bad idea yeah. I don't think it's right to tell someone they shouldn't apply somewhere exclusively based off their MCAT, especially at a school where that isn't an unreasonable score to apply with. That's all I'm saying. You're entitled to your own opinion, but I encourage people to try within reason.

I understand that, but this same logic could be applied to most schools, so then is it worth ever applying at all? They all get thousands of applicants. I'm just saying- it isn't unreasonable or crazy for them to apply to UA considering their MSAR. The website shows the average for admissions offers is 509, but I believe it is 505 on MSAR because that the average of people who actually matriculated. Most of the med schools average on MSAR 510+, so regardless, UA is good choice because they're more holistic. It obviously depends on a million factors, but telling them DO/Carribean because of a 501 MCAT when this school accepts a fair amount below 505 (and above. goes without saying) is silly and incorrect. 509 is the top 75% of matriculated students. If you have a 501 MCAT, bad GPA, and very little clinical experience, then probably a bad idea yeah. I don't think it's right to tell someone they shouldn't apply somewhere exclusively based off their MCAT, especially at a school where that isn't an unreasonable score to apply with. That's all I'm saying. You're entitled to your own opinion, but I encourage people to try within reason.

I really like this post. Thank you. Yeah I have alot of clinical (undeserved) /research/leadership experience. and I did really well in my SMP. but who knows !

I really like this post. Thank you. Yeah I have alot of clinical (undeserved) /research/leadership experience. and I did really well in my SMP. but who knows !
With that extra info in mind, I definitely vote try. You never know which school will vibe with your app. Rooting for you :)

Has anyone complete after mid-August received an interview invite yet?

I'm here for the same question! MCAT 510, cGPA: 3.6, and average EC's.
Honestly, I don't think anyone can tell based on the info you provided...your stats are competitive for Phoenix, looking at their averages, but whether you are competitive for an interview depends so much more on your essay responses, specific EC's, rec letters, etc. Don't think you're going to get an answer on here other than that. If you like the school and don't mind paying the fee, it can't hurt to apply.

II today, OOS with no ties.

Reactions: 2 users