2017-2018 Touro University - Nevada Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Touro and NSU-COM. Any suggestions?
Do you like humidity or a dry heat? Haha my decision to pick touro over another schooo came down to rotation sites and not having to move all over gods green earth during 3rd and 4th year. Plus they seem to have a pretty decent match list. I've heard pretty good things about nova though

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I have two questions if anybody would like to help me.
1) Does anyone know if this school accepts a 3 in AP scores for pre-reqs?
2) After putting down the deposit for acceptance, is there a confirmation email received? I just put mine down and am a little paranoid from not getting a confirmation email.

2) After putting down the deposit for acceptance, is there a confirmation email received? I just put mine down and am a little paranoid from not getting a confirmation email.

Not sure about your first question, but I didn’t receive a confirmation ema after paying the deposit. Only the confirmation page after paying

Not sure about your first question, but I didn’t receive a confirmation ema after paying the deposit. Only the confirmation page after paying
I did get a "deposit acknowledgement" email from TUN though

I was just as paranoid as you guys, it seems like nothing will be coming through actual mail. However, I did get a confirmation email couple days later after putting down my deposit. I believe the remaining items are immunization records we have to prove or do.

Got my final review email 12/19, still waiting... starting to get antsy! Congrats to those who have been accepted since last time I checked here :)

Got my final review email 12/19, still waiting... starting to get antsy! Congrats to those who have been accepted since last time I checked here :)

You'll get it soon!

My final review email was 12/16 and I just got my II today!

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats! Dates available? Good luck!

Thanks! They had a spot for this upcoming Monday and for a date in early February (which I could not make and they only had one seat anyways) and a bunch for March. Sorry, I didn't check past March though.

ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!! I am in disbelief!!! I am so happy right now!! It is such a coincidence because my friends and I are doing a road trip to Vegas tomorrow for fun!!

I apologize for all the exclamation points, but it has been a long haul of a cycle and I am glad I completed this journey!

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all! Interviewing on 1/22. Flying in Sun AM if anyone wants to hike/explore (black mountain trail)!

Is there a group for accepted students/class of 2022? Would love to communicate more with all of you!

Hi everyone! I just had the opportunity to interview here and have trouble deciding between this campus and kcu Joplin. If anyone could chime in their knowledge or experience on this that would be awesome!

Does anybody have any information on the non-profit board leadership class and financial wellness class that they talked about during interview day?

Hey y'all, I just got an interview invite to this school.

I'm from FL and I don't really know too much about this school. I would really appreciate it if anyone could describe their interview experience with this school and if anyone who is currently attending this school, to describe their overall experience with it.

Thanks and good luck everyone!

Hey y'all, I just got an interview invite to this school.

I'm from FL and I don't really know too much about this school. I would really appreciate it if anyone could describe their interview experience with this school and if anyone who is currently attending this school, to describe their overall experience with it.

Thanks and good luck everyone!

Were you ever placed on the pre-interview hold list?

II! First date available to me was 03/05. Stats in signature.

I received my “under final review” email on like 12/19.

Cancelled my interview here for 2/6! Hope one of you guys get it.

Were you ever placed on the pre-interview hold list?

I do not believe so. I had an email last month saying my application is in the final review stages. I get an email today asking me to schedule an interview.

Has anyone from the 1/22 interview day heard anything yet?

Just got an II! I got the under final review email on 12/17

Thank you @Dana1994, I scooped your 2/6! (other available dates were 3/5 and 3/21)

Does anyone know how long it took between turning in secondary and receiving the "under final review" email? I submitted my secondary very late (mid-Dec) and want to know if I should just give up hope since I see others are receiving pre-II waitlist.

Does anyone know how long it took between turning in secondary and receiving the "under final review" email? I submitted my secondary very late (mid-Dec) and want to know if I should just give up hope since I see others are receiving pre-II waitlist.

I submitted mine 10/23, got an email that I was in review on 11/30, and then the final review email 12/17

Did you get a final review email? Or were you on a waitlist for interview? Stats if possible?

I got the final review e-mail about a month ago, and an actual interview invitation on Monday. I scheduled my interview for the 5th of March, which was the earliest available date...BUT they do ask if you are willing to take an earlier interview date, if one becomes available.

3.30 cGPA, 3.31 sGPA (THANKS to the DO grade replacement policy change -___-)

502 MCAT (126-124-126-126)...although I'm going to retake

I got the email for secondary received on 10/3, in review 11/9, final review 12/16, and II 1/17. It seems to be taking a month for each email and I was never on the pre-II waitlist.

I got the email for secondary received on 10/3, in review 11/9, final review 12/16, and II 1/17. It seems to be taking a month for each email and I was never on the pre-II waitlist.
Thank you! I've been 'under review' since 12/20 and haven't heard anything since. Wondering if I'm experiencing longer delays because the admin office was closed over the holidays? Hope your interview went well!

Thank you! I've been 'under review' since 12/20 and haven't heard anything since. Wondering if I'm experiencing longer delays because the admin office was closed over the holidays? Hope your interview went well!

Haha thanks! But like many others, my interview is not until 3/5. I just recently got the invite.

For those of us on pre-hold, I spoke to admissions and they said interviews will be through May only. So I'm hesitant to believe there will be a great deal of movement on this list. :(

For those of us on pre-hold, I spoke to admissions and they said interviews will be through May only. So I'm hesitant to believe there will be a great deal of movement on this list. :(

What is pre-hold?

Im on pre-interview hold too. And, to be honest, I'm not really sure what the point of it is when theres a waitlist post-interview.\

What is pre-hold?

If I i right, "pre-hold" is basically waitlisted pre-interview

Im on pre-interview hold too. And, to be honest, I'm not really sure what the point of it is when theres a waitlist post-interview.\

I got an interview invite for 5 March, but nothing about a pre-hold :/

If I i right, "pre-hold" is basically waitlisted pre-interview

II today! One spot open for 2/21 (which I snagged), other spots are morning and evening on 3/21. I didn't see any other dates available.

Complete 11/6, received the final review stage email 12/19. I was never on a waitlist as far as I'm aware. LizzyM ~70-72.

II today! One spot open for 2/21 (which I snagged), other spots are morning and evening on 3/21. I didn't see any other dates available.

Complete 11/6, received the final review stage email 12/19. I was never on a waitlist as far as I'm aware. LizzyM ~70-72.

You have a really high LizzyM for DO schools which is why I think you have already gotten 8 IIs. Best of luck for your MD acceptance.

You have a really high LizzyM for DO schools which is why I think you have already gotten 8 IIs. Best of luck for your MD acceptance.
Thank you! Both of my LORs were by DOs I work with, and they're honestly my two favorite physicians. We'll see how things work out, but I am perfectly happy with joining them as DOs. I'm very excited to have had such good luck this year.

Does anyone know what the interview process here is like?

Just got a status update email saying im in the last stages of review process....on a sunday at 6 pm. Wonder if this is just an automatic email they send a month b4 they actually review you to keep you from calling them lol.

Update: Got an II invite the next day, so I guess not?
Just for those wondering:
Submitted application 12/18(?)
Received secondary 12/20
Secondary received and app in review emails 1/5
Status update email (final review) 2/11
Interview invite 2/12

Last edited:
I got the same early Sunday morning and then an II today, declining it, 4/10 only available.

Last edited:
I got the same early Sunday morning and then an II today, declining it, 4/10 only available.
The seats must have filled up fast. I signed up right after I got the email and at the time there were 21 seats available for 3/21.

Last edited:
I got an interview invite but declined . Hope one of you guys get it

Anyone staying on the strip during II?

I stayed at TI for my interview day and flew in early to make a weekend out of it. The uber ride to Henderson was real easy plus at the time I was there it was actually cheaper to stay on the strip. Hope this helps