2017-2018 Temple University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted!!! Checked my portal and it was there!! And if you didn't see an acceptance email, check your spam folder-- mine was there!

So excited!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Withdrawing my application. Hope my interview slot goes to one of you, good luck!!

Reactions: 14 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think I will be going here! Ive submitted my deposit and have withdrawn several other acceptances because Temple seems like the right place for me. Anyone else accepting the acceptance? Lets chat!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted via Portal and spam-folder email!

Reactions: 6 users
So I added Temple last minute, and am just now finishing the secondary. Did anyone use all 2000 characters for the first choice of campus question? I'm at half that and have nothing more to say....

So I added Temple last minute, and am just now finishing the secondary. Did anyone use all 2000 characters for the first choice of campus question? I'm at half that and have nothing more to say....

I did but I definitely wouldn't say you have to. I would rather read a concise 1000 characters if the next 1000 characters are just gonna be fluff!

Reactions: 1 user
I did but I definitely wouldn't say you have to. I would rather read a concise 1000 characters if the next 1000 characters are just gonna be fluff!

Thanks! That's what I was thinking.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder how long it takes for the portal to be updated once the committee reviews the post-interview application....

Sent an ITA and just got offered an interview sometime this week. Stressed but so happy!

Reactions: 1 users
Sent an ITA and just got offered an interview sometime this week. Stressed but so happy!

Wait, you sent an email and received an II for within the week?? I’ll be in town next week.. wondering if I should email

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait, you sent an email and received an II for within the week?? I’ll be in town next week.. wondering if I should email

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to bring another perspective. Sent an ITA update to them last month and got nothing aha

I went with Maria as I couldn't find much on her.

Current MS2 here willing to answer some questions you guys may have.
-How recently has the curriculum changed/Are there any changes expected soon?
-For the Philadelphia campus, what type of service groups are there? Is there a student run free clinic?
-What are the research opportunities like? Is it a track? Or on your own time?
-Are lectures recorded?
-Is the class collaborative?

Hey guys,

Current M1 at Temple. LMK if you have any questions!
Any interview advice? I am preparing for the expected questions but haven't found much else to go off of. I've read to be prepared for an interesting clinical section.

I just received an interview invite for the St. Luke's campus! (IS, LM: 71)

Has anyone been to an interview at St. Luke's yet this cycle? Any advice? What are the simulation activities like?

Reactions: 6 users
I just received an interview invite for the St. Luke's campus! (IS, LM: 71)

Has anyone been to an interview at St. Luke's yet this cycle? Any advice? What are the simulation activities like?
Congrats on the II! Both interviews were conversational. The simulation activities weren't bad, either. Just follow the instructions they give you, and you should be fine.

II for St. Luke’s this morning. OOS, LM ~71, complete 7/15. Gave me the choice of three sequential Tuesday’s starting on 11/21.

Such a great surprise while teaching a class :cat:

Reactions: 4 users
Where on the TU portal are the updates listed? Interviewed in early Oct and I'm anxious to hear the decision!

I think it should be in the next steps section. I interviewed early October and haven't heard back either! But I think they said it would take at least 4 weeks?
Were you main campus or St Lukes?

I interviewed on the first day and still haven’t had any news

-How recently has the curriculum changed/Are there any changes expected soon?
-For the Philadelphia campus, what type of service groups are there? Is there a student run free clinic?
-What are the research opportunities like? Is it a track? Or on your own time?
-Are lectures recorded?
-Is the class collaborative?

1. The curriculum has changed for this year based on previous year feedback from students. They shifted some of the blocks and streamlined what we are taught but otherwise I haven't noticed many changes.
2. There are at least a dozen service groups at Philly campus. You will be required do to service work during your first two years. And yes, there is a student run clinic right on campus.
3. During the first year you will be bombarded with emails from various PIs looking for medical students for research, ranging from basic to clinical. If you reach out to any faculty and want to do research, they will be happy to help you. Also, I think there were two MD/PHD students in our class.
4. Yes, lectures are recorded and posted on student website.
5. That may depend on the class, but so far my class has been extremely collaborative. We tend to look out for each other and share information. ut if you mean if the curriculum is structured for collaborative work, then yes. Starting the first week, students are assigned into groups and they work as a group for the next two years.All of our workshops require team effort and are graded based on group effort.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
For students Invited to interview and are afraid of the simulation portion: DON'T BE AFRAID. It's pretty fun.

Has anyone who requested an ITA gotten a confirmation email?

And has anyone who updated had any luck getting the II??

Has anyone who requested an ITA gotten a confirmation email?

And has anyone who updated had any luck getting the II??

I'm planning on updating early next week. Two new volunteering activities in the Philadelphia area. (Local campaign and substance use disorder service organization in the North Philadelphia area) If I have luck, I'll let you know!

For students Invited to interview and are afraid of the simulation portion: DON'T BE AFRAID. It's pretty fun.
Thank you. Interviewed yesterday and everything you said was true. I had a great day. Maria was so nice, the students were helpful and honest, and the faculty I met were kind and super conversational. It was a great day!

Rejected less than four weeks post-interview ... on my birthday. Thought my interview went great :confused:
Good luck everyone!

Rejected less than four weeks post-interview ... on my birthday. Thought my interview went great :confused:
Good luck everyone!
When did you interview if you don’t mind me asking? And how’d you think the simulation portion went? I feel good about my interviews but not the simulation

When did you interview if you don’t mind me asking? And how’d you think the simulation portion went? I feel good about my interviews but not the simulation

Early October. I felt they were awkward but who wouldn't?? I asked relevant questions for the allotted time and did what I could, didn't act like a freak. I don't know, I thought the rest of the interview day went so well.

W
Early October. I felt they were awkward but who wouldn't?? I asked relevant questions for the allotted time and did what I could, didn't act like a freak. I don't know, I thought the rest of the interview day went so well.
SprWhich campus?
anyone interview for st. luke's and hear back yet?
no ):

Hi everyone. I am an M4 at Temple. I have some free time while I am traveling for residency interviews and I would be happy to answer any questions that you guys have. I will try to be as unbiased as possible but I really do love Temple and think it's the best :happy:.

Im interviewing on next Tuesday, is anyone willing to pm me how the day went and advice? Congrats to everyone accepted!

Has anybody that interviewed in early October heard back yet? Its been about 4 weeks since my interview and I'm getting anxious

Reactions: 4 users
If I was invited to interview at St. Lukes does that mean I’m being considered specifically for the program there, or does the regional campus not make a difference yet?

If I was invited to interview at St. Lukes does that mean I’m being considered specifically for the program there, or does the regional campus not make a difference yet?
At my interview at St. Luke’s, we were told that we are specifically considered for that campus.

How have acceptances been delivered so far? Email or call?