2018-2019 Temple University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted through a good old fashioned paper letter today. Definitely was not expecting that, no email and interviewed a long time ago (February). Certainly good news!
Did your portal change?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone accepted this past round already get in their financial aid info and also get an award notification already? If so, all I see are loans. Are all the scholarships gone? Or will they add it on later?

Anyone accepted this past round already get in their financial aid info and also get an award notification already? If so, all I see are loans. Are all the scholarships gone? Or will they add it on later?
Yeah I only see loans too.

Reactions: 1 user
So is the CCL ranked? Can we know whether we have a high or low probability of getting in? high or low probability of getting in?

So is the CCL ranked? Can we know whether we have a high or low probability of getting in? high or low probability of getting in?
I think it’s ranked but in my interview day they said the tiers are not disclosed to applicants

To anyone who has yet to hear from Temple post-interview regarding a decision. I was just advised to email admissions to inform them. The woman said she typically sees if a letter was sent out but nothing was coming up.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
To anyone who has yet to hear from Temple post-interview regarding a decision. I was just advised to email admissions to inform them. The woman said she typically sees if a letter was sent out but nothing was coming up.
Thanks for this...no portal change. Safe to assume CCL/Rejection?

Thanks for this...no portal change. Safe to assume CCL/Rejection?

No portal change here either. It’s hard to say. Either it’s a CCL/Rejection or they are just still confused about us lol. I know at least one person got an acceptance well after decisions were sent out with no prior email so I think there’s still some hope. Do we know if post-interview rejections were sent out at all?

No portal change here either. It’s hard to say. Either it’s a CCL/Rejection or they are just still confused about us lol. I know at least one person got an acceptance well after decisions were sent out with no prior email so I think there’s still some hope. Do we know if post-interview rejections were sent out at all?
Fingers crossed brotha

Has anyone else still not heard?

You’re not alone. Apparently there is a small group of us for which decisions have not been released yet. The person I spoke to from admissions says she doesn’t know an exact date we’ll get a decision but just hang tight.

I don't see how it possibly could be. Try to answer as honestly as possible.
I think they are just trying to get a gauge and maybe figure out how to rank the WL/try to get people to drop off cuz some people may have forgotten they are on the WL and may be in their top choice. And its a good chance for those who think Temple is their top choice

You’re not alone. Apparently there is a small group of us for which decisions have not been released yet. The person I spoke to from admissions says she doesn’t know an exact date we’ll get a decision but just hang tight.
Does this mean that no decision has even been made yet, or are we just waiting for waitlist/rejection?

Does this mean that no decision has even been made yet, or are we just waiting for waitlist/rejection?

The woman said that the admissions committee was “holding on to” a small number of us and that it may be because they have not made a decision yet.

I withdrew my acceptance from here, definitely a bit painful to do. I really liked Temple a lot, but I simply do not have the wherewithal to relocate me and my partner's life to Philadelphia in what basically amounts to a few weeks notice.

Reactions: 2 users
I withdrew my acceptance from here, definitely a bit painful to do. I really liked Temple a lot, but I simply do not have the wherewithal to relocate me and my partner's life to Philadelphia in what basically amounts to a few weeks notice.
Good luck! Admissions is hard with having a partner/family. Mine is staying here for the first year because of possible last minute WL acceptances and its hard to transfer jobs with such short notice.

Who did u email to do so?

Did you email [email protected] to withdrawal your application? And if so, how long did they take to get back to you?

Did you email [email protected] to withdrawal your application? And if so, how long did they take to get back to you?

I actually received some aid, and the letter said to reply if you accept or decline the aid, so I just sent an email saying thank you but that I decline and will be withdrawing. It took a day or two, nothing unusual.

I see Temple listed on my Choose your Medical School tool but haven't officially or formally received an offer of admission. Could this be a mistake?

I see Temple listed on my Choose your Medical School tool but haven't officially or formally received an offer of admission. Could this be a mistake?

Check any and all email addresses associated with your AMCAS ID. I know when they sent my acceptance they sent it to an older email that I started my AAMC account with, not my preferred one that all the other schools used.

Good luck - hope it’s not an error! That would be kind of surprising

Reactions: 1 users
Check any and all email addresses associated with your AMCAS ID. I know when they sent my acceptance they sent it to an older email that I started my AAMC account with, not my preferred one that all the other schools used.

I checked all my emails and haven't received anything! I will try and call the office tomorrow. Thanks for the input!

I checked all my emails and haven't received anything! I will try and call the office tomorrow. Thanks for the input!
Has your portal changed or just the Amcas?

When I got accepted in November I just randomly checked the portal one morning and saw it was updated. I didn’t get the email until later that day. You should check the portal if you haven’t!

Yeah, I checked the portal immediately and nothing is changed. I'm so confused haha

Did anyone else that's WL'd try checking the AMCAS app to see if LKSOM pops up for them as well?

Yeah this happened to me, both my TU portal and my AMCAS portal changed, no email yet.
JUST checked the portal, I see the change. Haven't gotten a call or email yet though, I assume this is good news!

I would call them if you’re concerned, they are super willing to help you out at the admissions office.
Haha nah I'm not concerned, I was last night because my portal wasn't updated but it seems like an acceptance to me, congrats!