2018-2019 Temple University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So this is what I’m thinking. Didn’t all medical school have to except at least their first year class size by March 15? If that is true then, temple must have accepted 200 people after the second decision date in February. That means that everyone who interviewed from late January all the way to early April, and fell under the third decision date, was interviewing for a very limited number of acceptances/ the CC list. since technically temple had already given out 200 acceptances.

I’m probably putting too much thought into this but that’s just me trying to justify to myself how such a great interview didn’t get me the outcome I hoped for. (I was a very late interviewer)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
So this is what I’m thinking. Didn’t all medical school have to except at least their first year class size by March 15? If that is true then, temple must have accepted 200 people after the second decision date in February. That means that everyone who interviewed from late January all the way to early April, and fell under the third decision date, was interviewing for a very limited number of acceptances/ the CC list. since technically temple had already given out 200 acceptances.

I’m probably putting too much thought into this but that’s just me trying to justify to myself how such a great interview didn’t get me the outcome I hoped for. (I was a very late interviewer)
But people with 3+ acceptances had to limit those this past Monday. And I think the committee met after that for the purpose of seeing how their yield was after this new date to help predict the type of movement they should expect.

Reactions: 1 users

I was told by one of the admissions people that they accept around 450ish but she didn't specify the timeframe on when all those go out

Members don't see this ad :)
Incoming neurotic theory: the people accepted via email all seemed to have interviewed in feb or earlier (including the WL acceptance) but someone last week reported an acceptance in the mail and they interviewed in march. Maybe all march interview day decisions will be via mail even for acceptances?

Reactions: 4 users
There is going to be a lot of waitlist movement this year. I know several people with above median stats that interviewed at different points in the cycle that got CCL. If your interview went well, I think you have a great chance of getting in despite the waitlist decision initially.

Incoming neurotic theory: the people accepted via email all seemed to have interviewed in feb or earlier (including the WL acceptance) but someone last week reported an acceptance in the mail and they interviewed in march. Maybe all march interview day decisions will be via mail even for acceptances?
Just for some clarity, I interviewed very late in March and was accepted this past Wednesday via e-mail.

Did everyone who heard back this last round get accepted at Philadelphia or St. Luke’s?

Just for some clarity, I interviewed very late in March and was accepted this past Wednesday via e-mail.
This was also the same for me. Accepted at the Philadelphia main campus. I was interviewed the end of March.

Continuing candidate list via snail mail today. Just to warn others that they start out the letter with “we are pleased to inform you..”

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted 4/17 via email. I was rejected by all the other MD programs that I applied to, but Temple is my #1 so that's all that matters. Best of luck to everyone still waiting. Also, is there an accepted students page? Couldn't find anything on here or fb. I want to work on my roommate situation.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted 4/17 via email. I was rejected by all the other MD programs that I applied to, but Temple is my #1 so that's all that matters. Best of luck to everyone still waiting. Also, is there an accepted students page? Couldn't find anything on here or fb. I want to work on my roommate situation.

I haven’t been able to find one either!

"Class of 2023 Facebook page

Congrats Class of 2023 on your acceptance to the Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University! The Orientation Coordinators have created this Facebook group to connect incoming students! To find the group search “Lewis Katz School of Medicine Class of 2023” on Facebook. On this page, you'll find information for upcoming events, including Orientation Week and White Coat Ceremony. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to let us know! Welcome to Temple Med!

If you have any questions or difficulty accessing the Facebook group please contact X person at X email."

Received this pdf from an admin earlier this month, however, I never attempted to join until I read your reply and currently unable to find the page.

Congratulations on your acceptance. Our potential classmates are insanely down to earth and brilliant people!

-PM me for the contact info

"Class of 2023 Facebook page

Congrats Class of 2023 on your acceptance to the Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University! The Orientation Coordinators have created this Facebook group to connect incoming students! To find the group search “Lewis Katz School of Medicine Class of 2023” on Facebook. On this page, you'll find information for upcoming events, including Orientation Week and White Coat Ceremony. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to let us know! Welcome to Temple Med!

If you have any questions or difficulty accessing the Facebook group please contact X person at X email."

Received this pdf from an admin earlier this month, however, I never attempted to join until I read your reply and currently unable to find the page.

Congratulations on your acceptance. Our potential classmates are insanely down to earth and brilliant people!

-PM me for the contact info

I found the page...I'm currently waiting to be approved...

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone hear back for St. Luke's Campus recently?

Interviewed mid March, still haven't heard anything in either email or mail yet. I guess I can assume the result is CCL/rejection.

Have any waitlisted people heard back from admissions on where you fall on the list? Like tier 1,2, or 3? Lmk

Does anyone how to get into the accepted students facebook page? I requested access last week and I haven't been admitted yet

I can’t seem to find the 2023 Facebook page. Could someone please provide the link? Thank you :)

Anyone in the Philly area get a letter in the mail yet? I’m really close to temple and still haven’t heard anything

I live in Center City and received a letter on Friday... Continuing Candidates List.
Yea I’m in center city too but I guess it’s just taking longer to get to me. The waiting’s killing me

Do you think it’s a possibility that they are still sending out acceptances this week...?

Just checked my mail and got the CCL letter. Slightly bummed cuz it was probably my best interview. Anybody know if they historically have decent movement? I’m assuming there will be more this year.

Just got CCL for St. Luke campus via snail mail. OOS LM 70

Accepted through a good old fashioned paper letter today. Definitely was not expecting that, no email and interviewed a long time ago (February). Certainly good news!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted through a good old fashioned paper letter today. Definitely was not expecting that, no email and interviewed a long time ago (February). Certainly good news!
Had your portal changed prior? Still no letter for me and Temple is not available under the select my med school tool.