2017-2018 Temple University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone not gotten a complete email? I was complete 7/18.
Haven't gotten one, complete 7/7.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi Theseus, thanks for reaching out!! Is Temple open to in-the-area emails?

I actually don't really know. Classmate did that last year, but she already had an interview at a later date. Is this what you mean by your question? Keep in mind that Temple only interviews on T,W,Th.

Hi Theseus, thanks for reaching out!! Is Temple open to in-the-area emails?
Pretty sure they're not. :( I have another interview by there and tried to ask for one, but I got the standard reply "if you're chosen for an interview we'll let you know and you can schedule it yourself."

Members don't see this ad :)
Current MS2 here willing to answer some questions you guys may have.

Hey! I am really struggling with the regional campus question. Is there something specific adcoms are looking for?

II!! Complete 8/8

Reactions: 5 users
I was complete 7/8 and haven't received a complete email yet. Should I take this as a silent rejection? If Temple does them? I am below their average MCAT score so I expected for my app to be looked at later but it's been 1.5 month and I'm not too sure how I should be taking this. I get that they receive a lot of apps, but just curious.

Hey! I am really struggling with the regional campus question. Is there something specific adcoms are looking for?

Hi there. The adcoms are looking for familiarity, ties, or willingness to study/work/live at the regional campuses. The point is to answer why you choose a particular campus over others.

So is the consensus on the complete email that your app has been placed under review?

Members don't see this ad :)
II around 9am! Complete 7/26, OOS

Is 7/26 when you got your complete email, or when you actually were complete? Did you get a complete email?

My portal says I was complete 8/4, but I haven't received a 'complete' email yet. Has anyone gotten an II without receiving a 'complete' email?

Is 7/26 when you got your complete email, or when you actually were complete? Did you get a complete email?

My portal says I was complete 8/4, but I haven't received a 'complete' email yet. Has anyone gotten an II without receiving a 'complete' email?
I got an II two days ago. I didn't receive a complete email but I was complete on the portal around 8/1.

Reactions: 1 users
To any current med students or people from the Philly area: are there any good hotels close to the med school? How is the area?

To any current med students or people from the Philly area: are there any good hotels close to the med school? How is the area?
It's in North Philly, which is a dangerous area of Philadelphia. I'd stay in a hotel outside of North Philly if I were you.

I got an II two days ago. I didn't receive a complete email but I was complete on the portal around 8/1.

Where did you see your complete status on the portal? I submitted 7/26 and there's a check mark next to all the boxes at the bottom. It just shows my submission date. No complete status other than "completed on 7/26".

Where did you see your complete status on the portal? I submitted 7/26 and there's a check mark next to all the boxes at the bottom. It just shows my submission date. No complete status other than "completed on 7/26".
I didn't see an explicitly stated "complete" status. After I submitted my secondary I was waiting on my LORs. After they received it, they checked that off and I assumed I was complete.

As another person said, it is in North Philadelphia which can be a questionable area depending on how familiar you are with big cities. There also aren't that many hotels in the area, from what I recall. It would be your best bet to find something closer to center city (central Philadelphia) and then Uber or Lyft your way up to Temple.

I've taken Ubers/Lyfts from the Jefferson area and it's usually around $4. You also have the option of using public transit (Broad St. Line), but that's probably not the best idea if you're in a hurry/already stressed about your interview.

Just wanted to weigh in on the in-area request question. I sent them an e-mail stating I will be in the area and I got a reply saying: Thanks for the notice. If we can accommodate your request, we will. So I say if you are in the area, it's worth a try to let them know... certainly don't think that it can hurt.

II! Got it about an hour ago. Complete sometime mid-July

Reactions: 3 users
Does it say anywhere on the portal in terms of application status? I cant seem to find it besides my app being complete.

How many letters did you guys submit? I know it says 10 max on MSAR but that seems like a lot. Can't seem to reach the admissions office over the phone the clarify

How many letters did you guys submit? I know it says 10 max on MSAR but that seems like a lot. Can't seem to reach the admissions office over the phone the clarify
I received an II a few weeks ago, and I submitted 5

I received an II a few weeks ago, and I submitted 5

Congrats! And thanks. I've been out of undergrad for 2 years now, so those science letters are not gonna cut it. Wondering if I should also submit graduate academic letters.

Can't seem to log into the portal to look up my scheduled interview date, as outlined in the interview confirmation email. Anyone else having this problem? I was going to call but realized the time difference this afternoon and it was too late. I needed proof to send a professor :/

judging from the quietness of this Temple thread, is it too late to submit my secondary to Temple at this point in time? LizzyM ~ 70?

judging from the quietness of this Temple thread, is it too late to submit my secondary to Temple at this point in time? LizzyM ~ 70?

I submitted mine recently actually. If you can pay the fee and like the school/fit their mission, why not!

is temple receptive to in the area email?

Can't seem to log into the portal to look up my scheduled interview date, as outlined in the interview confirmation email. Anyone else having this problem? I was going to call but realized the time difference this afternoon and it was too late. I needed proof to send a professor :/
I'm having this problem too :(

II today!! Can anyone comment on their interview experience here?

Reactions: 6 users
II, complete 8/15. So excited, felt like a could bench press a car. Than I remembered I've had a head cold all week.

Reactions: 6 users
Is temple receptive to ITA? Previous threads suggests that they are but the person who tried this recently didn't get a warm email.

Idk if I should email them. But I wanna break the silence. Likewise for Jefferson. Anyone know?

Is temple receptive to ITA? Previous threads suggests that they are but the person who tried this recently didn't get a warm email.

Idk if I should email them. But I wanna break the silence. Likewise for Jefferson. Anyone know?
Just email them. I sent them an ITA email when I had my interview at the other Philadelphia school, they replied to me and said that they got my email and willl accommodate me if they can. I've heard nothing since then - which probably means I'm not getting an interview here. Hopefully you have better luck!