2017-2018 Rosalind Franklin University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am trying to get a head start on secondaries. Would anybody be willing to take a look at mine?

Happy to look! PM me

Members don't see this ad.

Got accepted off WL earlier today!!! Interviewed early march, waitlisted late march. Feels so warm and fuzzy guys.

Congrats! Would you be willing to share stats? Are you IS/OOS, URM, nontrad?

Reactions: 1 user
Has any accepted student spoke with someone from the office recently? Did you got information for setting up the school email address?

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted from waitlist today!
Dream finally came true!

A question for accepted students, while paying for deposit, it asks for the program year. I put down 2018. Is this correct? I feel like the program year should be 2018 since class starts in the fall of 2018 and class year is 2022.
No, you're in the class of 2022 - everything is done by graduation year.
That said though, if you've already submitted it as 2018, don't stress about it, the office will figure it out :)

For the merit scholarships, does RFU decide those on their own or do you have to apply for them somewhere?
I believe that they decide. The only thing that I applied for was financial aid.

Accepted from WL today. declined for another school. Kinda thought I already withdrew from this one.

Accepted from WL today. declined for another school. Kinda thought I already withdrew from this one.

Congrats! Glad to know that acceptances still go out this late in the cycle. Would you be willing to share your stats and complete date?

Congrats! Glad to know that acceptances still go out this late in the cycle. Would you be willing to share your stats and complete date?

At this point, complete date is an absolute wash. I had a 74 lm

What do you mean? I'm confused lol Did that not factor into your application cycle?

When your application was complete over a year ago, I highly doubt it has any bearing on acceptances

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When your application was complete over a year ago, I highly doubt it has any bearing on acceptances

Oh okay, I thought you were complete really late last year, which contributed to the late acceptance

Has any accepted student spoke with someone from the office recently? Did you got information for setting up the school email address?
following up on this. How soon did they send you the next steps after submitting the deposit?

Could someone tell me the dates of orientation and the white coat ceremony for this school?

Orientation is mandatory and goes from August 7th through August 10th. The White Coat Ceremony is Friday, August 10th, and classes start Monday, August 13th.

For anyone still waiting about the waitlist, I was accepted yesterday but will decline my offer. Congrats to the next person!

Only a few students get the merit-based scholarship. The offer comes with the acceptance. There will be an opportunity to apply for a financial based scholarship later in the school year.
I'm not sure if you know the answer to this or not, but how common is it for students to receive the financial based scholarship? Is it only awarded to those without any savings or outside financial help?

I'm not sure if you know the answer to this or not, but how common is it for students to receive the financial based scholarship? Is it only awarded to those without any savings or outside financial help?

You will get an email from financial aid about need-based financial aid sometime early in the year. The application is a form and short essay, nothing too crazy. I'm not sure how much they give out or what the specific criteria are, but I think they give out a fair number. The amounts aren't huge (afaik). I've heard from fourth years that you get more money if you qualify for aid in year 4 to help cover the cost of interview season. I don't know if that is true.

I got one, and saw the list of others who got it...there was a sizable handful of people on the list for this one particular scholarship, but it's only for 1.5k. I know there are a bunch of small scholarships like that, but I haven't heard of any full rides. They may exist, but if they do I am unaware of them.
So short answer, you can probably get a little bit of money from a school scholarship, but you are very unlikely to get enough to where you wouldn't still have loans at the end of it.

I got one, and saw the list of others who got it...there was a sizable handful of people on the list for this one particular scholarship, but it's only for 1.5k. I know there are a bunch of small scholarships like that, but I haven't heard of any full rides. They may exist, but if they do I am unaware of them.
So short answer, you can probably get a little bit of money from a school scholarship, but you are very unlikely to get enough to where you wouldn't still have loans at the end of it.

1.5K per semester of tuition or year of tuition?

Sorry not sure if this was already asked, but is the new curriculum for us pass fail or is it letter based?

Sorry not sure if this was already asked, but is the new curriculum for us pass fail or is it letter based?

Strictly Pass/Fail for the first two years. You will know what letter grade you get/would get, but the grade on the transcript is P or F. The only thing your overall grade matters for is AoA or if you average above 90% in the first two years you are given a distinction in basic sciences.

M3/4 years are scored the same as other schools Honors/HP/P/F.

Accepted of the WL today. Bummer. Would’ve gone if they had gotten back to me sooner. :/

Accepted of the WL today. Bummer. Would’ve gone if they had gotten back to me sooner. :/

Looking back at the RFU thread on SDN from last year, I think the latest someone posted about getting accepted was lat July, so I wonder how many more posts we'll see like this over the next month.

I just got accepted off the WL today (like 5 minutes ago)! So excited. Wasn't expecting this at all!

Reactions: 2 users
also got accepted off the WL today! waitlisted 2/26, traditional, non-URM, in-state, LizzyM ~70. there is hope left!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Just got in off the WL tonight. Still in shock. Was just about to revise my secondary for this year's application. Excited to see you all soon.

Stats for the curious: 70 LizzyM OOS Non-Trad

Reactions: 6 users
Just got in off the WL tonight. Still in shock. Was just about to revise my secondary for this year's application. Excited to see you all soon.

Stats for the curious: 70 LizzyM OOS Non-Trad

A huge congrats! Out of curiosity, you say you "just got in off the WL tonight." What time did you actually get the email?

Thanks! Just checked and the email arrived at 6:10pm Eastern. I've been at work, so didn't see it until shortly before I posted.

Thanks! Just checked and the email arrived at 6:10pm Eastern. I've been at work, so didn't see it until shortly before I posted.

Awesome that you'll be there in a few weeks! Interesting that you got the email at that time, pretty much all correspondence I have received from the school has come in morning.

Accepted off the WL today. Will be attending.
Waitlisted 1/29 OOS Non-trad LizzyM 71

Reactions: 7 users
Accepted off the wait-list Thursday. Had the car packed to move to Philadelphia for a grad program, never been more excited to change my plans! Any current students willing to pm me so I can get some advice??

Wait-listed in Jan. OOS, non-trad.

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted off the WL today. Will be attending.
Waitlisted 1/29 OOS Non-trad LizzyM 71
Accepted off the wait-list Thursday. Had the car packed to move to Philadelphia for a grad program, never been more excited to change my plans! Any current students willing to pm me so I can get some advice??

Wait-listed in Jan. OOS, non-trad.
Congrats! And welcome to CMS!

I'm a rising M2 at CMS - feel free to PM me if you have any questions :)
See you in a couple weeks

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted of WL! Any recently accepted students still looking for housing/roommate ? Feel free to PM

Just accepted off the waitlist yesterday! Would any current students mind if I PM them?

Does anyone know if the school offers some discounts to local gyms/hotels/etc ?

It's been a whirlwind of a day, I just got accepted off the waitlist and orientation starts tomorrow. I'm so grateful and pumped! Any current students have any advice as I hurriedly move out of my current place and relocate to North Chicago.

Also PSA, don't lose hope you can literally get in up until the day before class starts.

Reactions: 3 users
It's been a whirlwind of a day, I just got accepted off the waitlist and orientation starts tomorrow. I'm so grateful and pumped! Any current students have any advice as I hurriedly move out of my current place and relocate to North Chicago.

Also PSA, don't lose hope you can literally get in up until the day before class starts.
Congratulations