2017-2018 Rosalind Franklin University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Medical College of Wisconsin, so before talking to other Physicians/medical students, I believed both schools to be on an equal playing field.
I love MCW! Great school.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Medical College of Wisconsin, so before talking to other Physicians/medical students, I believed both schools to be on an equal playing field.

MCW has a residency directors’ assessment of 3.3, and a peer assessment of 3.1. MCW is #72 in USNWR.

Rosalind Franklin has a residency directors’ assessment of 2.9, and a peer assessment of 2.3. CMS is unranked in USNWR. I never did ask on interview day why RFU admin chooses to not participate in USNWR rankings, but we can all make our own inferences.

These numbers are just survey responses, and they absolutely should not make or break a decision.

Wow...I didn't realize that RFU was recently on probation for "administrative issues" (who knows what that could even mean). I knew that there wasn't an affiliated hospital and that it is a statistically low-ranked school, but I never knew that residency program directors had a negative perception of the school. Wasn't one of RFU's selling points was that they have a great Match statistic and that students typically get into one of their top three choices? Thank you for all this information. I appreciate your feedback.
RFU's match was pretty freakin stellar this year, take a look at it. As for the probation from LCME, last I checked, and this is coming from the dean himself, we went on probation due to how we were classifying financial aid or something financial related, and since has been fixed and has significantly improved based on the med schools state of the union. We have a HUGE VA right next to our campus, we have a bunch of hospital affiliations in the city, sure everyone moves to the city 3rd and 4th year however, if you wanna look at the bright side, we get to experience different environments in different hospitals instead of the standard environment one might find at every speciality they rotate at in an affiliated school hospital.

Every school has their + and -, and we do realize our shortcomings, we just try to adjust the best as possible and improve year after year! Hope that clears stuff up

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
MCW has a residency directors’ assessment of 3.3, and a peer assessment of 3.1. MCW is #72 in USNWR.

Rosalind Franklin has a residency directors’ assessment of 2.9, and a peer assessment of 2.3. CMS is unranked in USNWR. I never did ask on interview day why RFU admin chooses to not participate in USNWR rankings, but we can all make our own inferences.

These numbers are just survey responses, and they absolutely should not make or break a decision.

Where do you find this information about residency director and peer assessments?

Wow...I didn't realize that RFU was recently on probation for "administrative issues" (who knows what that could even mean). I knew that there wasn't an affiliated hospital and that it is a statistically low-ranked school, but I never knew that residency program directors had a negative perception of the school. Wasn't one of RFU's selling points was that they have a great Match statistic and that students typically get into one of their top three choices? Thank you for all this information. I appreciate your feedback.
The probation wasn't that recent and it was because of financial issues, which have been fixed.
As @cptnjack said, there are a lot of rotation sites for RFU, mostly in the city, but that can be a pro depending on how you look at it.
RFU's matches have been pretty darn good for the last few years, so IDK where this idea that we rank poorly with RDs comes from. Clearly it's not hampering the students.

Granted that Admissions has been a little weird this year, but don't base your decision on them, since you would never interact with them once you got to campus if you came here.

If you want to ask a current student questions (rather than other applicants who don't have all the facts), you can PM me or, now that you're accepted, get on the Class of 2022 FB page and ask Admissions/student affairs/student ambassadors directly.

And congrats on your acceptances :)

I have never been so happy to receive a pre-II rejection. Finally, some closure.

Has anyone heard anything since submitting their deposit & enrollment form? Like about getting an email or the vaccination requirements?

People who have been admitted: Anyone looking to most probably pick a different school?
People on the WL: Do you have any acceptances from schools higher up on your list?

- just a guy praying for WL movement

People who have been admitted: Anyone looking to most probably pick a different school?
People on the WL: Do you have any acceptances from schools higher up on your list?

- just a guy praying for WL movement
On the waitlist with an acceptance at a school higher on my list. So would most likely say no to a CMS acceptance, unless they offered me money.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was scrolling through my spam folder. A nice Nigerian prince offered to send me $4,000,000,000.00 and CMS accepted me AFTER I WITHDREW.

I am taking both of these emails equally seriously. I am going to give them the same courtesy they gave me, providing a very "timely" response in maybe 6 months or so.

Reactions: 3 users
I was scrolling through my spam folder. A nice Nigerian prince offered to send me $4,000,000,000.00 and CMS accepted me AFTER I WITHDREW.

I am taking both of these emails equally seriously. I am going to give them the same courtesy they gave me, providing a very "timely" response in maybe 6 months or so.

Are you serious? When did they send the acceptance and when did you withdraw?

Are you serious? When did they send the acceptance and when did you withdraw?

Lmao unfortunately I am serious. Ugh, this school makes me so mad.

They accepted me on Friday the 13th (very fitting, actually) after withdrawing earlier that same week.

Lmao unfortunately I am serious. Ugh, this school makes me so mad.

They accepted me on Friday the 13th (very fitting, actually) after withdrawing earlier that same week.

Hey I totally understand being frustrated. I experienced a lot of frustration from many schools during my application cycle. Congrats on your acceptance elsewhere and I hope you find your happiness. If you withdrew a few days before receiving your acceptance, it probably just wasn’t processed immediately before the acceptances were sent out.

As a current student, I hope you guys don’t take the admissions frustration as a bad sign. Believe me when I say you will NEVER interact with admissions after your first day here (even before, I don’t remember). The rest of the staff is pretty great. The dean of our medical school (and some professors) even compete with us on field day at the beginning of the year.

Regarding probation, it was a while ago and not a big deal. Other MD schools get put on probation here and there, and it’s usually not a big deal, and doesn’t affect students. I wouldn’t even have known about it if not for SDN while applying.

Our students match pretty well, and we are an old school, so we have a lot of alumni. Also, we match well geographically, which was very important for me. I love Chicago, but wouldn’t want to attend a school where I couldn’t potentially get a residency in another geographical area.

If any future or potential future students have questions, please message one of the current students! We have no reason to lie (there are things I don’t like about the school, but nothing major) and we are there to help you. You can’t necessarily trust everything you read on SDN! One of the other school threads last year had posters trashing schools to help their waitlist positions. And by all means, it’s completely OK to be frustrated and upset about this process, it sucks, and clearly RFU isn’t making it suck less for you guys, so I’m sorry. But medical school is actually really great and 1000x better, so I wish you all the best of luck and hope to see you here!

Reactions: 8 users
I know RFU doesn't accept updates after the interview, but does anyone know if this changes once we are placed on the waiting list? I want them to know im still into it!! lmk if people have thoughts, though im guessing no updates means no updates, thought i would ask.

I know RFU doesn't accept updates after the interview, but does anyone know if this changes once we are placed on the waiting list? I want them to know im still into it!! lmk if people have thoughts, though im guessing no updates means no updates, thought i would ask.
No updates. Just have to wait and see.

Just withdrew my acceptance! I hope it goes to one of you guys! Good luck.

Reactions: 5 users
anyone with acceptances withdraw recently? or planning to withdraw for tomorrows deadline?
pls give us some hope :)

Unfortunately it seems that waitlist movement has been very slow everywhere this year. Hopefully things speed up more this week. I would love to give my acceptance to one of you but I have to get off the waitlist somewhere else first

Here’s a fun observation I made:

I know facebook groups don’t remotely tell the entire story but for a class of 189, there’s only 75 people in the fb group currently. This is including some current students and adcom admins. Just seemed a bit odd to me compared to most other school’s fb groups. Wonder why this is. Anyway.. Happy Thursday!

Last edited:
sitting on a late march WL from an early march interview... has nothing moved yet this week?

Guys has it really been this silent out here??

The CMS class of 2022 facebook group only has 76 people in it (some of which are current students/admin). I can't imagine the class being near capacity at this point.

Last edited:
Apparently they’ve accepted a large cohort of applicants that don’t use the internet.

I think they actually accepted a lot of applicants that are not neurotic about the admissions process and therefore are not on SDN. Very little has been going on in the fb group. You’re not missing out on anything too exciting, trust me.

I think they actually accepted a lot of applicants that are not neurotic about the admissions process and therefore are not on SDN. Very little has been going on in the fb group. You’re not missing out on anything too exciting, trust me.

I don’t think that people are particularly worried about what is being said on the accepted students Facebook group, but rather, are trying to get some
kind of idea of how many seats are still available due to the lack of waitlist movement over the last few weeks.

I'm far from a "typical neurotic premed." I wouldn't make too many assumptions about the type of person that uses SDN, or Facebook for that matter.

I was just accepted off of waitlist. I've been there since October so there's still hope! I actually got into my dream school though so I'm turning this down, hopefully it goes to one of you guys!

Reactions: 7 users
I was just accepted off of waitlist. I've been there since October so there's still hope! I actually got into my dream school though so I'm turning this down, hopefully it goes to one of you guys!
congrats!! email or phone call? did you just get accepted or like earlier this morning

Congratulations! Did you receive an email or phone call?

Thank you! Got an email around 10:0am Chicago time this morning. Pretty sure this school doesn’t call people to notify them of admissions decisions

For any other incoming CMS students, what final documentation are we going to have to submit? Transcripts, immunizations, etc?

For any other incoming CMS students, what final documentation are we going to have to submit? Transcripts, immunizations, etc?
Yes, plus fin aid paperwork. The school will send you a list (or a link to a list on InSite, and a CastleBranch login iirc) and you just go through and check the boxes.
But if you haven't done your FAFSA yet, you should get on that.
Maybe also go ahead and schedule your titers (Hep A/B, varicella, MMR) and your 2 step PPD, and find your vaccination records (polio, Tdap, flu, meningitis). Because all that takes while to pull together.

Last edited: