2017-2018 Oakland University (Beaumont)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Complete mid Sept.

completed late september and still silence. but i guess yenno what they say. no news is good news? we're still being reviewed if we haven't gotten rejectons.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
+pity+Finally some closure, rejected.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected, complete in like October, LM 70. Glad to finally be released.

Rejected this morning as I was walking into the hospital to work a 10 hour shift lol.. pre-ii, complete in july. Hardest blow thus far..disappointment is an understatement :/

Sad to hear about those no longer in the running. Best of luck elsewhere! I interviewed on 02/02. Hoping we hear back positively today. Sent a letter of intent just hours after the day ended. Absolutely loved the school, community, and sense of service.

Sad to hear about those no longer in the running. Best of luck elsewhere! I interviewed on 02/02. Hoping we hear back positively today. Sent a letter of intent just hours after the day ended. Absolutely loved the school, community, and sense of service.

Aren't we only supposed to submit LOI after waitlists have been established?

Looks like admissions just updated again; spread love OUWB!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-21 at 4.05.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-21 at 4.05.47 PM.png
    57 KB · Views: 201
Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone gotten any updates/calls today?

For those of you accepted, do you know if they typically make acceptance calls in the afternoon or evening hours?

i've been checking my email ALL DAYY (yes, even during classes). seriously can't wait to hear from this school (defs my top choice) and REALLLYY hoping i get an interview invite.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Aren't we only supposed to submit LOI after waitlists have been established?

To the best of my knowledge you can send a LOI when you know you will go to a specific school over all other offers though one typically writes one after an interview or after being put on a wait list.

Hi everyone, I will be interviewing here in March and was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions of what to do around the Rochester area... I'm from the West coast and have never been to Michigan. Suggestions??? :D

Hi everyone, I will be interviewing here in March and was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions of what to do around the Rochester area... I'm from the West coast and have never been to Michigan. Suggestions??? :D
Good luck on your interview. When did you receive your II if you don't mind me asking?

Does anyone have an idea how many seats are left for the class of 2022? Haven’t heard back post interview in a long time :/

Does anyone have an idea how many seats are left for the class of 2022? Haven’t heard back post interview in a long time :/
Wondering the same thing! I'm kind of surprised there haven't been any post II acceptances reported on SDN this week.

I was accepted on 2/7 but still haven't received a letter in the mail yet. Does anyone know if it's just a letter of acceptance or does it also include other information such as financial aid and housing? I just want to make sure I'm not missing out on anything.

I was accepted on 2/7 but still haven't received a letter in the mail yet. Does anyone know if it's just a letter of acceptance or does it also include other information such as financial aid and housing? I just want to make sure I'm not missing out on anything.
It's also some info. on immunizations and an acceptance letter that comes in the mail.

Canadian, complete since late-Aug. Am I still being considered if no rejection yet?

Is it possible to leave the interview day from Beaumont Hospital and not attend the Oakland campus tour at the end of the day? What time would the day end in that case? Just wondering because I am having difficulty booking a last minute flight.

Is it possible to leave the interview day from Beaumont Hospital and not attend the Oakland campus tour at the end of the day? What time would the day end in that case? Just wondering because I am having difficulty booking a last minute flight.

You could probably arrange/ask for that to happen. One person out of my ~23 person interview pool left as soon as we arrived back to campus. I can't seem to find my schedule but I believe we got back to campus around 4. Good luck on your interview. Absolutely loved it there.

Just to tag onto the previous person - one of our interviewees also left after the hospital tour directly from Beaumont to beat traffic. It ended around 3:45/4ish :) I'd also say the school is very accommodating so you can certainly ask!

We were done by approximately 3:30 and got back to the OUWB campus at 4. Like others have been saying, OUWB seems very accommodating!

Canadian, complete since late-Aug. Am I still being considered if no rejection yet?
When I called the admissions office they said that you will be notified if you're rejected. Also the last day of interview invites is the last day of feb (today) - i don't know if they'll come out later today or later on in the week.

When I called the admissions office they said that you will be notified if you're rejected. Also the last day of interview invites is the last day of feb (today) - i don't know if they'll come out later today or later on in the week.
Thanks for the information. Kind of crushed though haha nothing today

Is it unreasonable to ask to just get rejected already after 7 months of silence?

Rejected today Pre II... good luck everyone.

Does anyone know if they're still sending out II?

Just an update for everyone who is curious about scholarships: I interviewed in November and was accepted shortly after. Today, I received a phone call from the dean offering me a merit based scholarship. I'm super excited. I thought the scholarships were already given out but I guess there are still some left.

Reactions: 11 users
Seems like no one has posted or been accepted for a while. Wonder what the hold up has been lately

Has anyone called the admissions office after interviewing to ask if your file has been reviewed yet post-interview (and if not, when it's expected to be reviewed)? I know that some schools will give out this information but others don't, and am wondering how the OUWB admissions office operates in that regard.

Just an update for everyone who is curious about scholarships: I interviewed in November and was accepted shortly after. Today, I received a phone call from the dean offering me a merit based scholarship. I'm super excited. I thought the scholarships were already given out but I guess there are still some left.

Congrats!! Would you mind sharing your stats?

Has anyone called the admissions office after interviewing to ask if your file has been reviewed yet post-interview (and if not, when it's expected to be reviewed)? I know that some schools will give out this information but others don't, and am wondering how the OUWB admissions office operates in that regard.
I've been wondering the same thing. I interviewed early Jan, but I'm sure there are plenty of other applicants who interviewed before me and have also had silence.

I've been wondering the same thing. I interviewed early Jan, but I'm sure there are plenty of other applicants who interviewed before me and have also had silence.

Yep, interviewed early September still with silence.

Per OUWB's Twitter account last year, their final committee meeting was the last Wednesday of March, and their final acceptance calls (prior to people being accepted off the waitlist of course) took place the last Thursday of March. If that also ends up being the case this year, I am hoping that everyone who interviewed will have some idea within the next 4 weeks or so about where their application stands... Fingers crossed. But it would be nice to know if they're receptive to calls asking about post-interview status in the meantime.

Reactions: 2 users
I wish they still did the twitter updates this year haha!