2017-2018 New York University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II just now! Been complete here since early July.
For those who were complete early and are waiting in silence, don't give up hope!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Got an II here. For anyone who's curious, LM 75 complete early August. Mid October and on available.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II! Complete mid Aug, Lizzy M 77

Reactions: 3 users
Is October too late to submit a secondary here? I see they started their IIs super early

Anyone else get an email about the twitter chat? I was psyched for a second thinking it was an II but then I was quickly brought back to reality

Reactions: 14 users
Anyone else get an email about the twitter chat? I was psyched for a second thinking it was an II but then I was quickly brought back to reality

+1

I experienced so many emotions in such a short span of time. "OMG ITS HAPPEN- oh wait. Freaking Twitter."

Reactions: 8 users
HA. I did the same exact thing and immediately came here to see who else was losing it

Reactions: 2 users

Got the email in the middle of a Biochem lab and dropped a beaker due to excitement....
Gotta Love Twitter

Reactions: 1 users
Had the opposite reaction. I was a victim of the Pitt rejection bloodbath yesterday and the sender for that email was also just "admissions" so I thought this was another rejection. I bet the adcom is reading this thread and having themselves a good laugh at our expense.

I am definitely reading into it too much, but does it mean anything? Or is it a mass email?

I am starting to hate when adcoms have twitter feeds *cough-cough-Umich-cough*

Had the opposite reaction. I was a victim of the Pitt rejection bloodbath yesterday and the sender for that email was also just "admissions" so I thought this was another rejection. I bet the adcom is reading this thread and having themselves a good laugh at our expense.
lmao, I bet they are. Sorry to hear you were part of that terrible bloodbath yesterday. This process is so unpredictable, but somehow, I still have blind optimism about all my reaches

I am definitely reading into it too much, but does it mean anything? Or is it a mass email?

it's an event just as open to premeds applying in future cycles as to the superstars who have IIs here already

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
lmao, I bet they are. Sorry to hear you were part of that terrible bloodbath yesterday. This process is so unpredictable, but somehow, I still have blind optimism about all my reaches

unfortunately I think it's an event just as open to premeds applying in future cycles as the superstars who have IIs here already

It's all good. I'm more pleased about my II from NYU than I would've been about one from Pitt and I expected pre-interview rejections no matter what--this is med school admissions after all and it is savage. Plus I was in good company on the Pitt thread...LOTTA extremely high stat applicants with what I'm sure are more than solid ECs that also got axed.

Members don't see this ad :)

It is definitely a mass email. There is no way it has anything to do with your current standing at NYU.

just got a heart attack from an nyu
+1

I experienced so many emotions in such a short span of time. "OMG ITS HAPPEN- oh wait. Freaking Twitter."
I think my heart stopped for a brief period of time

yo same!!!!! Glad someone else feels me.

II !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! complete mid august

Reactions: 5 users
Just want to say that my interview here was an incredible, stimulating experience and I'm trying really hard not to fall in love with NYU in case I am rejected. If this ends up being my only interview, I am happy that it was here, I loved it!

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats! What interview dates are available?

October 30th ish to November 21st. I don't remember if there was the same week days available each week when I scheduled. But it seemed like 3 or so days a week Mondays through Thursdays.

Just want to say that my interview here was an incredible, stimulating experience and I'm trying really hard not to fall in love with NYU in case I am rejected. If this ends up being my only interview, I am happy that it was here, I loved it!
How was the interview? It was an MMI right?

II! anyone have an idea about the post-II acceptance rate here? thanks!

II here today! Complete mid-august.

Some numbers recently published.
IMG_0233.JPG
IMG_0223.jpg

II TODAY. Finally. Complete August30th

3.9 525

II today! First one, so relieved!!! Complete end of August. Lizzy M ~71 Dates available in November, one in December

Reactions: 4 users
II today! Dates available in Nov. Complete near the end of August.

Does NYU only interview up until December? If so, all of the II will be out before Dec and all pre II rejections will be out in Dec?

Ugh, thank you for giving us end-of-Augusters some hope. Congrats!!!
Thank you! Completely unexpected. But given I was in complete silence from all 25+ schools...I think most places just haven't gotten to reviewing end-of-Augusters that don't have unreal stats.

Yea, if you don't hear back by the end of the November, it is over for you.
yeah from what the previous year's thread looked like, the last major surge of II was sent out by late november with official rejections sent in mid December. Damn it seems like NYU finishes their cycle pretty quickly :(

Ugh, I am losing hope. I have a 4.0, but my MCAT is a 513. I feel like I won't hear from NYU. :(
My MCAT is a 503. I finished my app on 9/7 and got my II on 9/21. Anyone can have hope haha.

Reactions: 6 users
Any thoughts on whether sending a thank you post-interview is appropriate? On interview day admissions mentioned we can upload a single thank you note to the portal, as the interview is MMI format. I’m conflicted because my other thank you notes have been very personalized for traditional interviews and I’m afraid this would become more of a letter of interest.