2017-2018 New York University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes for me!!!:) But please don't obsess over these things!!

Don't tell me what to obsess with and what not to!! Congrats btw.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted secondary today - hoping it's not too late in the cycle

Has anyone's portal status changed from "application is complete"? Especially those with IIs already? I've been showing that since late July.

Has anyone's portal status changed from "application is complete"? Especially those with IIs already? I've been showing that since late July.

So, I have an II. In my view of the secondary portal, I see an additional tab for "interview" at the top of the page right next to "home". In addition, under my application status I have a confirmation of my interview date.

I'm excited to interview at NYU. Hopefully you'll get an II soon :xf:

Reactions: 1 users

Last edited:
II! Complete 7/22, and very excited to visit New York :)

Reactions: 6 users
II!!! Complete 7/14

Did anyone with an interview not receive a completion email? I have had a checkmark next to "Application File Complete" for about a month now, but never received an email indicating so.

I have a question with regards to the MMI here. My question is aimed at any previous applicants/current students/faculty/administrators. Are applicants given a chance to make notes while reading the prompt and if so are they allowed to use these notes when answering the issue at hand.

In addition, do the interviewers ask follow-up questions/provide additional information. Or are you supposed to just talk for the allocated time.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes!!! II just now!! Complete 7/27. So excited to visit :love:

Any tips on how to prepare for MMI??

Is NYU heavily rolling? AKA is it too late to add this school/secondary and gain traction? ORM, 25%ile GPA, MCAT at the median

Last edited:
Have any rejection letters been sent out yet?

Hello, for this question on the secondary application (where do you see your future medical career (academic medicine, research, public health, primary care, business/law, etc.) and why?) , in general, how detailed should the response be? Are you looking for specific organizations or causes we plan to become involved with during our medical career?

Hi, you should speak about what interests you and give as much detail as you envision.

Thanks for doing this! On the MMI, you said we have 2 minutes outside the room, but how long do we spend in the room at each station? Also, are the MMI stations mostly role-playing stations or discussion stations? Lastly, are there MMI stations directly on ethics and current events in healthcare?

Thanks for asking!

All of the information about the MMI can be found on our website (google NYU School of Medicine MMI)

2 minutes to prepare, 5 minutes in the room

We don't give out specific details for the MMI stations as we want everyone to have an equal chance when they interview.

Thank you for opening it up for questions/comments/concerns! How many interview invitations are left? If your application was complete early July and you haven't heard any news from NYU yet, does that mean you are no longer being considered for an interview?

There are still interview spots left and we will be interviewing through December. Unless you have heard otherwise, your application is still be considered.

Can any current students/ those with interviews comment on the first prompt: What unique qualities or experiences do you possess that would contribute specifically to the NYU School of Medicine community?

Are they expecting us to discuss how we could carve out our niche at NYU or is this just a general diversity prompt?

They want to learn more about you and how you would contribute to our NYUSoM community. That can be in whatever way you think you would do so!

There are still interview spots left and we will be interviewing through December. Unless you have heard otherwise, your application is still be considered.

Do you know when interview invites stop going out? December seems so soon!

Do you know when interview invites stop going out? December seems so soon!

When I got my II a week ago they were scheduling mostly for early October. Assuming they follow a similar II to interview date timeline throughout the admissions season, they probably stop sending IIs around mid-late November.

Just got an II. Has anyone had any luck calling the interview office for a November date? None of the October dates work for me :(

Just got an II. Has anyone had any luck calling the interview office for a November date? None of the October dates work for me :(

Anecdotally, one of my friends told me that they weren’t flexible when she called in about scheduling different dates. However, if you wait a while new dates may pop up when old dates become full.

Got II this morning as well. Complete 8/4. Dates are open between 10/4 to 10/25, pretty much every Tues-Thurs. I was thinking about signing up for the 23rd but it was taken by the time I made up my mind :(

Would submitting around this time in the cycle be too late to be highly considered for an interview?

FIRST INTERVIEW!!!!! Received invitation at 9 am New York time. Complete 7/31, out of state. Interview dates were in early October. :):):):)

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
FIRST INTERVIEW!!!!! Received invitation at 9 pm New York time. Complete 7/31, out of state. Interview dates were in early October. :):):):)
About time eh? Congrats! I've secretly been rooting for you :)

II this morning as well! Complete late july

II this morning! I'm incredibly surprised and eagerly looking forward to seeing NYC :)

Oh lmao then I'm a tad below their 25th. Still, y'all have convinced me it's worth a shot. Much appreciated!
Don't worry. I'm below their 10th and got an II... Just get things done ASAP.;)

Edit: Just checked MSAR again and noticed that I remembered it wrong. I'm below their 25th. [Facepalm]

Last edited:
Why did I have a dream that I got an II when I didn't even apply to this school

I'm going crazy smh

Reactions: 6 users
Oh lmao then I'm a tad below their 25th. Still, y'all have convinced me it's worth a shot. Much appreciated!

Yeah, for some reason I threw my app in despite having a 3.4. I'm pretty sure the office is having a heyday with it.

Yeah, for some reason I threw my app in despite having a 3.4. I'm pretty sure the office is having a heyday with it.
I interviewed a few weeks ago with 3.5, you never know

Ugh, I am losing hope. I have a 4.0, but my MCAT is a 513. I feel like I won't hear from NYU. :(

Reactions: 2 users