2017-2018 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ACCEPTED JUST NOW VIA EMAIL!!!!!! LIKE I'VE SAID BEFORE, IF I CAN MAKE IT, ANYONE CAN!!!!!! Stay in the game people! A dream as big as becoming a doctor and making a difference in the world is definitely worth the battle of getting there!!

Congratulations! You earned it!

Members don't see this ad.

ACCEPTED JUST NOW VIA EMAIL!!!!!! LIKE I'VE SAID BEFORE, IF I CAN MAKE IT, ANYONE CAN!!!!!! Stay in the game people! A dream as big as becoming a doctor and making a difference in the world is definitely worth the battle of getting there!!

Did you also interview in February? Congrats!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! Hoping I could get a little feedback about the application review timeline if anyone knew details. I interviewed 3/20 and sent an update to the mdamit@nymc email after they encouraged us to do so during our day on campus. However, the physician that I am doing research for this year sent an additional letter of recommendation to the same email on feb 8 and I just called to confirm that both of these were in my file but only my update was. I had my boss resend the letter immediately but I am worried they started reviewing the March applicants and didn't have that. Does anyone know if the March interviewees have even been looked at yet?

Hi everyone! Hoping I could get a little feedback about the application review timeline if anyone knew details. I interviewed 3/20 and sent an update to the mdamit@nymc email after they encouraged us to do so during our day on campus. However, the physician that I am doing research for this year sent an additional letter of recommendation to the same email on feb 8 and I just called to confirm that both of these were in my file but only my update was. I had my boss resend the letter immediately but I am worried they started reviewing the March applicants and didn't have that. Does anyone know if the March interviewees have even been looked at yet?

Probably not, they only just released decisions for mid february people.

Hi everyone! Hoping I could get a little feedback about the application review timeline if anyone knew details. I interviewed 3/20 and sent an update to the mdamit@nymc email after they encouraged us to do so during our day on campus. However, the physician that I am doing research for this year sent an additional letter of recommendation to the same email on feb 8 and I just called to confirm that both of these were in my file but only my update was. I had my boss resend the letter immediately but I am worried they started reviewing the March applicants and didn't have that. Does anyone know if the March applications have even been looked at yet?

Don’t worry. This happens sometimes when the letters aren’t labeled right (AMCAS ID missing etc.). Your date was recent enough that it probably hasn’t gone to committee and honestly it’s not going to be a letter of recommendation that makes or breaks you, the review is holistic. Just make sure that it’s confirmed in your file and you’ll be fine. I don’t think anyone but the admissions staff know where they are in review yet, but regardless there’s nothing to be done about it now.

Accepted!!!!!!!!
Interveiwed 2/12/18

Reactions: 6 users
ACCEPTED!!!! Interviewed 2/27!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Just want to take a moment and thank @21Rush12 for being so helpful during this entire process and giving great advice and information!

Reactions: 12 users
anyone else also got the acceptance e-mail w a typo in the subject line ("Colass of 2022"?) sounds silly but wanna make sure it's a legit acceptance hahaha (also congrats to all!!)

Reactions: 2 users
anyone else also got the acceptance e-mail w a typo in the subject line ("Colass of 2022"?) sounds silly but wanna make sure it's a legit acceptance hahaha (also congrats to all!!)
Same lol

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just want to take a moment and thank @21Rush12 for being so helpful during this entire process and giving great advice and information!

You’re too kind. Paying it forward and helping the next class is a big part of NYMC and this is how I try and give back.

I’m really glad to see so many of the long-time posters here getting accepted and I’m looking forward to all the waitlist>>acceptances!

Reactions: 7 users
I was also neurotic about it but that went away when I saw it updated on my portal

Congrats to all those accepted. Anyone hear back who interviewed on 2/26?

For those that have received decisions, did you notice if your interview section of the portal cleared? Originally there was a confirmation of my interview date, but it disappeared today:whistle:

For those that have received decisions, did you notice if your interview section of the portal cleared? Originally there was a confirmation of my interview date, but it disappeared today:whistle:
Nope, mine still says interview invite and shows my confirmed interview date.

When did you interview?

Mine disappeared as well. I interviewed on March 22nd.
Mine is also gone! Well not disappeared, there's still a section, but all the info regarding my interview date is gone and replaced by the default template (if that's what you mean by disappeared)

Hey guys! I emailed the school and they said they are aware of the error and are currently debugging it. Don't freak out!!! :)

hi! probably answered before, but does anyone know if NYMC takes update letters?

I got a financial aid email saying that packages will be released in early June. However, I need to know before traffic day. Does anyone know if I can just let them know of that to get it earlier?

I got a financial aid email saying that packages will be released in early June. However, I need to know before traffic day. Does anyone know if I can just let them know of that to get it earlier?

I don’t think it will hurt you if you ask, I don’t think they would rescind an acceptance or something drastic. However, I was specifically told on my interview day ‘We don’t give out FA packages until we have our committed class’ followed by [paraphrasing] ‘why put together the package if we’re not sure you’re coming’

When I called the office of financial planning to ask about merit-based scholarships, they told me you get the scholarships with your acceptance email.

The only thing you'd be waiting for in that case is any need based aid, if you applied to that. Otherwise, it's going to be all loans (Up to the limit posted on the website which I believe was $80,000 if you live on campus and $84,000 if you live off campus.

Do you just email them to MDadmit email?

Yes, mdadmit is your point of contact. Address to admissions committee or something similar.

Edit: take a read through that FAQ as I go into some detail about the updates. Just my own personal opinions based on my experience.

Seems like mine has disappeared too, but I wouldn't read too much into it

I don’t think it will hurt you if you ask, I don’t think they would rescind an acceptance or something drastic. However, I was specifically told on my interview day ‘We don’t give out FA packages until we have our committed class’ followed by [paraphrasing] ‘why put together the package if we’re not sure you’re coming’

When I called the office of financial planning to ask about merit-based scholarships, they told me you get the scholarships with your acceptance email.

The only thing you'd be waiting for in that case is any need based aid, if you applied to that. Otherwise, it's going to be all loans (Up to the limit posted on the website which I believe was $80,000 if you live on campus and $84,000 if you live off campus.

Thanks for the info, you two, very helpful! I didn't recall that from my interview day since it was kind of early and at the time I was just focused on getting one acceptance lol. Yes, I received my scholarship notification as you mentioned--was just left wondering about the need based.

Can anyone comment on the pre clinical curriculum here? Online it seems to be a pretty standard two year curriculum, but my notes from interview day seem to indicate that they are moving to a condensed pre clinical curriculum with earlier clerkships. Thanks!

Can anyone comment on the pre clinical curriculum here? Online it seems to be a pretty standard two year curriculum, but my notes from interview day seem to indicate that they are moving to a condensed pre clinical curriculum with earlier clerkships. Thanks!

I haven’t heard that about the earlier clerkships, but that doesn’t mean it’s not true. As of now, it’s the usual 2 years preclinical followed by 2 clinical. If you’re a part of the accepted students Facebook group you should ask there, personally I’m not sure.

Would you generally say that the clerkships at Westchester are better, or the clerkships in the city? I know this will undoubtedly be biased by the particular specialty at each location, but I just wanted to get a feel

Hello,

For the NYMC Financial Aid Information Form, can we send it as an attachment to the mdadmit email? Or do we actually have to mail in a physical copy?

Hello,

For the NYMC Financial Aid Information Form, can we send it as an attachment to the mdadmit email? Or do we actually have to mail in a physical copy?
I emailed it as a reply and then they were nice enough to forward it to the appropriate person for me.

Reactions: 1 users
have they announced the fall 2018 orientation/transition week dates yet? trying to plan a family vacation and don't want it to coincide in case i get off the waitlist

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know when we'll get more paperwork to fill out? I'm stressing over the amount of time it might take, since I never have any free time to do anything, and I want to make sure I get everything done on time.

I interviewed the first week of march and I’m dying to hear back lol

I interviewed in mid-March and feel the same way! I've got a feeling we will both hear back within the next ~10 days.

Does anyone know if NYMC usually releases decisions on any specific day of the week?
Will it be a phone call or email?

Usually their decisions are released on Thursday or Friday.

They release by email and letter.

Good luck!

Anyone know when we'll get more paperwork to fill out? I'm stressing over the amount of time it might take, since I never have any free time to do anything, and I want to make sure I get everything done on time.

You’ll probably get more in May/June. If you want to be ahead of the curve you can get your vaccination records together and make sure you’re up to date, as that can take some time.

Otherwise it’s really not so bad.

You’ll probably get more in May/June. If you want to be ahead of the curve you can get your vaccination records together and make sure you’re up to date, as that can take some time.

Otherwise it’s really not so bad.
GET YOUR HEP B TITER DONE <3