2017-2018 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
GET YOUR HEP B TITER DONE <3
Haha, ahead of you on that one.

A word of advice to everyone who needs one done: Your doctor will probably try to convince you that you don't need a quantitative and a qualitative will suffice. Explain that they specifically request the quantitative.

I had to convince my doctor of that, then they went ahead and ordered a qualitative and I got the blood draw, then I got the result back and needed to get another order and do another blood draw to get a quantitative titer.

At least I don't have to get my Hep B shots again, though.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Hey did anyone that submitted an update receive a confirmation email?

hey hey don't believe they send them as a rule but it doesn't hurt to call the office and confirm receipt that way. Plus it shows you're interested. Don't know if it helps your chances but it certainly wont hurt. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Fun fact: the ‘B’ in hepatitis B stands for ‘Bane of my existence’, named for the arduous process required at every step in the vaccination process.

Reactions: 4 users
I did for one of my updates in the past but didn't for one last week. Also, I have been trying to geta hold of admissions since last week but wasn't able to until this morning. Apparently, some aspect of their system is down so that might be why the confirmation emails weren't sent out and it was why their phones weren't working yesterday.

Is this something that takes a long time in particular?
More like its another thing that would take away your focus and time at school if it turns out you need to restart the immunization series during school. Get your quantitative done soon. if its a good #, great. if not, then youll have to get the shot again with another blood test some time after the first pretty sure. Its hassle you want to just get out of the way

For those of us who are accepted, how do we get access to the accepted students facebook group?

I just called (about something else) and they said the next and last committee meeting is in a week and a half. So I am assuming that means they meet on April 25 to tell us April 27.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think there won’t be any decisions released next wednesday?

If they have already released all their decisions from the last meeting, then no.

I assume they will discuss many dates at the next committee meeting

@21Rush12 Are individual apartment rooms assigned or is it first come first serve? I'm from the west coast and I want to know if I should fly red eye to get there super early in the day to get a good room or if it won't make a difference.

I'm booking my flight on points so I have my flight booked like 2 months before move in so there are still seats left.

Accepted!!! So excited. Congrats to all those who were accepted:soexcited::soexcited:

Reactions: 8 users
@21Rush12 Are individual apartment rooms assigned or is it first come first serve? I'm from the west coast and I want to know if I should fly red eye to get there super early in the day to get a good room or if it won't make a difference.

I'm booking my flight on points so I have my flight booked like 2 months before move in so there are still seats left.
From what i remember, rooms are assigned.

I'm scared to ask but did any of you interview mid-March, or close to it?

What do you mean? Bedrooms are assigned but they’re basically the same. No reason to fret, we make move in and orientation pretty seamless and stress-free as possible.

Accepted! Interviewed 3/6. So excited!!

Reactions: 5 users
Still no action for anyone in late March right? I interviewed March 22nd.

Can't believe how many acceptances are going out! I'm loving this late-cycle action, makes me hopeful!
Waitlisted today Interviewed 3/19. Good luck!

Damn, so if you interviewed 3/6 and didnt get notified today of acceptance or waitlist, is it safe to assume post-II rejection?

Don’t assume! You never know what the committee got through or didn’t. You’ll hear in due time and I’m rooting for you!

I haven't been very active on this thread. Is it safe to chalk NYMC up as a rejection?

I haven't been very active on this thread. Is it safe to chalk NYMC up as a rejection?
If you haven't had an interview yet, it appears that they're done interviewing for this season.

If you've been waitlisted, they haven't started moving people off the waitlist and will likely begin a week or so into May.

If you haven't had an interview yet, it appears that they're done interviewing for this season.

If you've been waitlisted, they haven't started moving people off the waitlist and will likely begin a week or so into May.
Didn’t interview. Thanks friend!

Is there a roommate matching process?
yes there is! When you apply for housing, there will be a questionnaire about living habits (noise levels, cleanliness etc), and even hobbies! The school really reads this form and tries to put people who will get along together. I have many friends who were matched with people with common interests: basketball, video games, wine (btw there is a Wine club) whatever you like feel free to jot it down.

yes there is! When you apply for housing, there will be a questionnaire about living habits (noise levels, cleanliness etc), and even hobbies! The school really reads this form and tries to put people who will get along together. I have many friends who were matched with people with common interests: basketball, video games, wine (btw there is a Wine club) whatever you like feel free to jot it down.

You’re right, I completely forgot about this!

Rejected pre-II today after being on hold for... over half a year now! I'm just glad to have closure at this point. Congrats to everyone who was accepted and best of luck to all those waitlisted :D

Just got rejected. Complete 7/6, on hold since 2/27. About time lol

Has anyone with a 3/22 interview heard back?
I think earlier in the thread someone said they called in and the admissions office told them the last committee meeting was today. They usually release on Thursdays and Fridays, so you'll probably hear back soon.

I will likely be withdrawing over the next few days, hope it goes to one of you folks!

Reactions: 4 users