2017-2018 Meharry Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I spoke with admissions today. She told me that they will be sending decisions at the end of the week.

Hopefully they will stick to that.

Thanks for the info kemosabe!

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone else have a Plan B if Meharry doesn't work out?

I'm not trying to be overly optimistic and I'm planning but I know I'd love Meharry.

Fingers crossed for today or tomorrow!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
So I can confirm that they still have not made any final decisions.

Next week will be "when they will send out" decisions.

Reactions: 1 user
It's not over til it's over; I think we should all remain optimistic but also have alternate plans in mind.

Has anyone called recently?
I called today. We can know as late as orientation day. They have made decisions, but if you haven't gotten a rejection letter, then you are still being considered.

This is just frustrating to say the least.

Reactions: 1 users
I called today. We can know as late as orientation day. They have made decisions, but if you haven't gotten a rejection letter, then you are still being considered.

This is just frustrating to say the least.
I just don’t understand. I wonder if that mean their decision for us is contingent upon who decides to do the program of those who were already accepted, or if they already make their decision and for whatever reason are waiting to tell us. I just don’t see why it’s taking this long to “consider us”. Nothing has changed for them to still be reviewing.

Somebody got in today you guys so dont give up just yet!

I just don’t understand. I wonder if that mean their decision for us is contingent upon who decides to do the program of those who were already accepted, or if they already make their decision and for whatever reason are waiting to tell us. I just don’t see why it’s taking this long to “consider us”. Nothing has changed for them to still be reviewing.

I know when I called, they mentioned that they're doing rolling admissions. I have a feeling they've made decisions and we just dont know the outcome yet. Alternatively, they could be deliberating down to the last minutue.

In all honesty, it's anybody's guess. I'm just hoping they see something in me.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've decided, even if I'm accepted, I don't think I'll be attending. If the current scenario is any indication of how the school functions, I cannot justify attending. I'm going back to my Alma Mater to get a Masters ( at a more reasonable price), retake the MCAT and reapply.

Good luck guys!

I've decided, even if I'm accepted, I don't think I'll be attending. If the current scenario is any indication of how the school functions, I cannot justify attending. I'm going back to my Alma Mater to get a Masters ( at a more reasonable price), retake the MCAT and reapply.

Good luck guys!
If you reject a US MD acceptance, the likelihood of you getting into another MD school is slim to none. Check other threads for more details on this. You'd be better served by withdrawing your application all together, rather than getting an acceptance and then declining it.

If you reject a US MD acceptance, the likelihood of you getting into another MD school is slim to none. Check other threads for more details on this. You'd be better served by withdrawing your application all together, rather than getting an acceptance and then declining it.

I'm talking about Meharry's MHS program as opposed to the M.D. program.

Good luck guys!

The more I think about it, the more I'd like to attend despite the late notice. If we get in this week, would anyone want to try to room together (males)? I'm just not accustomed to moving somewhere very fast and I think getting housing settled would make the move easier.

The more I think about it, the more I'd like to attend despite the late notice. If we get in this week, would anyone want to try to room together (males)? I'm just not accustomed to moving somewhere very fast and I think getting housing settled would make the move easier.

Did you get an email from them today

No, I did not receive an email.

I would email April Curry in admissions ([email protected]) and tell her you’re still interested and want to know when you’ll hear something by. Idk if it was a coincidence or not, but I emailed her last night and she replied this morning saying we would hear something this week and maybe 30 minutes later I got an acceptance email!

I would email April Curry in admissions ([email protected]) and tell her you’re still interested and want to know when you’ll hear something by. Idk if it was a coincidence or not, but I emailed her last night and she replied this morning saying we would hear something this week and maybe 30 minutes later I got an acceptance email!

Thanks for the tip!

Congratulations!

Did they say anything about housing? Did they say if orientation was mandatory?

Did they say anything about housing? Did they say if orientation was mandatory?
Nope they didn’t say anything about that or give details. All they said was I’ve been accepted and to reply to th email by August 1 accepting or declining the offer.

I would email April Curry in admissions ([email protected]) and tell her you’re still interested and want to know when you’ll hear something by. Idk if it was a coincidence or not, but I emailed her last night and she replied this morning saying we would hear something this week and maybe 30 minutes later I got an acceptance email![/

Hey so I recently got accepted today too. Do you know what you’re going to do about housing?

Hey so I recently got accepted today too. Do you know what you’re going to do about housing?

Congrats! When did you find out?

I'm pretty much assuming I'm rejected at this point and I'm starting to lose interest in attending even if accepted.

Congrats! When did you find out?

I'm pretty much assuming I'm rejected at this point and I'm starting to lose interest in attending even if accepted.

I got in this morning. Don’t give up yet. If you didn’t get rejected yet that means there’s still a chance.

Idk what im doing about housing and I just saw the email about orientation starting Thursday. This is stressfull:arghh:

Yes I’m super stressed about housing as well. Can you PM me? I tried to message you but it didn’t work

Was told today that they’re still reviewing applicants for the program and all students will be notified no later than Aug. 6.

Did you interview with them already? Should I assume acceptances are post interview only?

Called today and they said final decisions go out by the end of the day
I wonder if that'll actually happen. I am not too optimistic at this point. It has been over a year since I submitted my medical school application and I am literally still waiting for something from them......

Very very frustrating.

I wonder if that'll actually happen. I am not too optimistic at this point. It has been over a year since I submitted my medical school application and I am literally still waiting for something from them......

Very very frustrating.

It's like saying I'll do it tomorrow but tomorrow never comes.

It's like saying I'll do it tomorrow but tomorrow never comes.
Yeah, I truly believe this could've been handled better by the admissions committee.

I would've proposed this:

Have your initial candidates from those who had interviews for the medical school. Give them until May 31st to accept or deny. Then, you start looking at those who didn't get interviews. As refusals come in, give these new invitations 1 week to accept. Continue this throughout the summer.

For those who are being considered, tell them they are on the waitlist. I believe this will allow people to at least have the idea that they might not get in. Let the Waitlist know that they won't know until the week of July 29th if there are any spots available. This will give people a chance to put themselves in a position in which they aren't waiting on the school's decision.

Got accepted to MHS earlier this evening.
Is there anyone that was at orientation that is able to provide any important info you guys received?

Thanks!

Still have not heard anything. I'm probably not going at this point just because the school seems super dysfunctional and unorganized.

As crazy as it sounds, if you haven't heard back, your application is still "under review." If you do end up getting accepted, you won't be held accountable for any information presented prior. Called today and last Friday and have been told the same thing.

Called & was told they are still "looking over" applications.

I am tired of this. Good luck everyone who is still waiting. I have waited long enough. I am moving forward with my endeavors & won't waste any more time giving this program a thought.

Reactions: 1 users