2017-2018 Meharry Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This thread seems pretty stagnant... has anyone heard anything recently?

Well school starts in less than 3 weeks for the SOM. So a lot of us are trying to find a place to live, get financial aid straightened out, pack our ****, and everything else. In addition to all of that, every office at this school requires a phone call to get anything rolling on your account.

Reactions: 1 user
Well school starts in less than 3 weeks for the SOM. So a lot of us are trying to find a place to live, get financial aid straightened out, pack our ****, and everything else. In addition to all of that, every office at this school requires a phone call to get anything rolling on your account.

Oh, I didn't realize. If I want to show interest for the MHS program , should I call next week or should I just wait?

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, I didn't realize. If I want to show interest for the MHS program , should I call next week or should I just wait?

From my experience with this school and other schools, you should call them!
Do not feel bad for being a helicopter student and staying on top of their asses.

My med school interview? Silence for 7 months. Called them and got my interview invite 2 days later.
My acceptance? Silence for 2 months. Called them and got an acceptance email the following week.
My acceptance package that tells me what to do after getting accepted? Silence for a week. Called them and got it an hour later.
My financial aid package? Silence for a week. Called them and got it sent to me while I was on the phone with the rep.

Tomorrow I'll be calling financial aid AGAIN and 2 other departments just to ensure they got the stuff I sent them last week since they didn't reply to my emails yet.

Every single step of my process has required me to call some department and stay on their ass to move my stuff along. Every single time they apologized and said, " I'll get that taken care of for you" or " I'm glad you called" or "Sorry, you should have received that already".

Idk about the MHS program, but I spent a lot of money applying to medical school. Due to the amount of my own money that I have put into this process, I do not feel a single drop of shame or remorse for badgering them to review my stuff. They will know me so well that they will wake up in the middle of the night saying my name.

Had I not been so aggro in communicating with the office, I might still be one of these people on the wait-list or praying for an interview invite or a phone call that probably isn't coming.

Long story short, call them.

Reactions: 4 users
I was just told the wait list for the dorms has over 100 people on it and that the dorms have been full since October.

I was just told the wait list for the dorms has over 100 people on it and that the dorms have been full since October.

That's usually how it is every year. Anyways I was accepted here earlier this month, but withdrew last week to attend another school.

Living off campus is usually much more fun..and cheaper haha! But you gotta scope out the place in person to get the best prices. You won’t be seeing those $400 studio apartments online

Also curious about that. And of course it's impossible to reach anyone from admissions to get that infomation.

I called the housing people 2-3 times this week already. They reported to me that the dorms are completely full, with a waitlist of 100+ people.
They just recommended I start looking for apartments nearby. They couldn't give me any recommendations.
I found a place that is like a 15min drive from the school. Its kind of a coin flip, cause the reviews for all the apartment complexes there are so mixed.

Has anyone recently been contacted about the MHS program? Or know when in June they will be letting us know?

Reactions: 1 users
I received an acceptance to the MHS program last week. I do not believe they have sent out all of the acceptances yet though.

Reactions: 2 users
I received an acceptance to the MHS program last week. I do not believe they have sent out all of the acceptances yet though.

What time of day did you receive an email?

Sorry for being so neurotic.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Will you be accepting the offer?

I received an acceptance to the MHS program last week. I do not believe they have sent all of the acceptances out yet though.
What time of day did you receive an email?

Sorry for being so neurotic.
It was at 3:03PM and no problem I completely understand.

Congrats! Will you be accepting the offer?
Yeah, I already accepted it. Meharry is the medical school i want to attend this MHS program is ideal for me.
I wish you all the best of luck the waiting is always the worst part.

Did anyone ever get an answer to this question?
I called and was told that there was no specific date. They will be accepting people when those already accepted withdrawal their acceptance or are accepted off of the waitlist into the class.
So basically anytime over the summer was what I was told.

I called and was told that there was no specific date. They will be accepting people when those already accepted withdrawal their acceptance or are accepted off of the waitlist into the class.
So basically anytime over the summer was what I was told.

Dang, but doesn't MHS start in August? They could be accepting right up until August. How will people have time to plan?

Any updates/developments?

I've been watching this thread for a while but this is my first time posting. I was accepted today via email from the waiting list! I interviewed in February, and sent in a letter of intent in April. I also called the office last week so that may help if you're still holding out hope for an acceptance, or waiting to hear about the MHS program.

If anyone is looking for a female roommate or has housing suggestions please let me know!

Reactions: 6 users
If I call Meharry Monday about MHS, how do I not sound desperate? Lol

you won't lol I called last week.

Oh, cool. Are you wait list or MHS?
How do you not make the call awkward? I really wanna know what's going on but I don't wanna be obnoxious.

Last edited:
Oh, cool. Are you wait list or MHS?
How do you not make the call awkward? I really wanna know what's going on but I don't wanna be obnoxious.
MHS. I don’t think you’ll sound obnoxious. I’m sure they get those calls all the time. But she pretty much said they’re still working on it. She said I should email admissions if I wanted to so you can try that if you don’t feel comfortable calling.

MHS. I don’t think you’ll sound obnoxious. I’m sure they get those calls all the time. But she pretty much said they’re still working on it. She said I should email admissions if I wanted to so you can try that if you don’t feel comfortable calling.

Who did you speak to? I spoke to someone awhile back but I cannot remember a name.

Has anyone received a refund for their deposit that withdrew?

I was told you don’t receive one if you withdrew after April 30th.

This wait is agonizing.

How are you guys killing time?

I am looking for a female roommate if anyone is still interested. I was accepted from the wait list yesterday.

I am looking for a female roommate if anyone is still interested. I was accepted from the wait list yesterday.
Hey, I am also looking for a roommate. If you are interested, DM me.

I just got accepted off the waitlist too. I need someone to live with if anyone is available. Please let me know.

Just got off the waitlist this morning! Can anyone provide info about orientation, class schedule, or how soon we get access to blackboard?

Just got off the waitlist this morning! Can anyone provide info about orientation, class schedule, or how soon we get access to blackboard?

Orientation is on Monday the 18th and it starts at 11. I don’t have any info on blackboard or the class schedule either but classes start on the 22nd.

Orientation is on Monday the 18th and it starts at 11. I don’t have any info on blackboard or the class schedule either but classes start on the 22nd.
Thank you so much!

Does anyone know of inexpensive housing near Meharry (approx. 600-800) that's furnished?

I'm trying to plan for if I get an MHS seat.

Are MHS students able to live on campus?

Orientation starts at 11 but depending on your last name, you have to come in at a certain time earlier than 11 for year book pictures. They will send an email with this information

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

I guess I'm not the only one calling Meharry. I just called & tried to leave a message but the mailbox was full.

I guess there are a lot of us anxious premeds.

Last edited:
Does anyone know a general idea of the class schedule for the MHS program? like the times monday through friday

Found out that decisions will be finalized in July.

Keep hope alive guys!

Does anyone know a general idea of the class schedule for the MHS program? like the times monday through friday

I think first semester is 8am-12pm based on last years schedule but we havent gotten anything official. It could be that or 10am-3pm. Those are the 2 schedules Ive heard about

So, those of you waiting to hear about MHS, how are you spending your time? I've been binge watching Netflix, listening to music and improving my cooking skills.