2017-2018 Medical College of Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OH SHOOT Green Bay interview!!! Can anyone who's interviewed there tell me their experience??

I'm ecstatic about this!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
haha it means exactly what it says. You haven't been rejected and they are still considering whether to invite you to interview or not.
So if we did not receive that email, it's probably a rejection?

Anyone know what milwaukee is like? I'm from LA xD

I am born and raised MKE. There are dangerous areas, and more than many cities of even larger size. However, there are plenty of AMAZING parts. Look up Milwaukee Third Ward and Wauwatosa (Tosa) Village. During the summer there are more festivals than you will know what to do with. Summer Fest is the World's largest music festival. There is the Rave (Eagle's Ballroom) for cheap concerts almost any night. MKE is a big supporter of the Brewer's and tailgating. Check out some of the local breweries and restaurants. The SafeHouse is super fun. MKE is an artsy town with MIAD in it. You can also get to Chicago and Madison in an hour. Loads and Loads to do. You can always message me with more questions!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OH SHOOT Green Bay interview!!! Can anyone who's interviewed there tell me their experience??

I'm ecstatic about this!!
Congratulations! When was your application complete?

Has anyone received an interview after the "The Admissions Committee has completed its initial review of your application, and your application has moved forward in the process to the group of applicants who will potentially be invited to interview for admission." email?
Yes, I believe quite a few received that email. Its nice how they keep you in the loop though...instead of cold silence from most lol

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations! When was your application complete?
It's hard to tell on their website, but I did CASPer a little late, so I was probably complete mid-August.

Anyone aware of the post interview acceptance rate for Milwaukee campus?

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed, but I completed my CASPer test awhile ago and it's not showing up on my supplemental items page? Anyone else have this problem?

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed, but I completed my CASPer test awhile ago and it's not showing up on my supplemental items page? Anyone else have this problem?
Yes it shows the same for me so I emailed admissions about it and they told me I’m complete.

I got an MCW-Milwaukee II this morning for next week 10/13.
Just for note, I did not receive small pool email.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
II
OOS, ORM, 3.8, 511, complete late July

Gonna be hard to make it next Thursday or Friday with less than a week notice, but I'll find a way lol

Good luck to all you guys

II
OOS, ORM, 3.8, 511, complete late July

Gonna be hard to make it next Thursday or Friday with less than a week notice, but I'll find a way lol

Good luck to all you guys

Hey congrats! Did you get the small pool email?

Members don't see this ad :)
First off, don't worry too much! No news is good news! I don't believe there are silent rejections. They usually send out rejections immediately to those they don't think are competitive. It's still extremely early in the whole process. I submitted everything as soon as the secondary came out and I still didn't get an interview until the end of November. You still got plenty of time. I wish you and everyone else here all the best of luck. :clap:

The turnaround time was about 3 weeks.
3 weeks for what? I am sort of confused.

Anyone else interviewing on 10/26 or 10/27?

Crazy to think that many of our admissions decisions have been sitting in a drawer somewhere for WEEKS... cannot wait for the 16th because the suspense is KILLING me. F*I*V*E**D*A*Y*S*!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Crazy to think that many of our admissions decisions have been sitting in a drawer somewhere for WEEKS... cannot wait for the 16th because the suspense is KILLING me. F*I*V*E**D*A*Y*S*!!!

Do you know how many they may accept? Or what criteria they may use to accept, hold, waitlist?

Do they accept updates? I've scoured the website and e-mails that they sent, but I can't find anything either way.

Got the 'small pool' email this morning! What a pleasant surprise :)

Just received an email saying my application has been reviewed and has been moved to a group of applicants who will potentially be invited for an interview. What a tease MCW!! is this a good sign? It's hard to keep up with all the different things schools do.

II for Central Campus on 10/18. woot woot.

Just received an email saying my application has been reviewed and has been moved to a group of applicants who will potentially be invited for an interview. What a tease MCW!! is this a good sign? It's hard to keep up with all the different things schools do.

I got the same email… I really like this school so I hope maybe just maybe this will pan out

For those of you who received the small pool email, when were you all complete?

For those of you who received the small pool email, when were you all complete?
I submitted my application early July but did not take Casper until mid-August and I never actually got the complete email (is there one?). So I'm not really sure.

Am I in the small pool? I haven’t heard this term before

Fiiiinally got the small pool email just now. Complete 7/4. I would love to have an opportunity to interview here. It seems like such a cool place!

I got the "small pool" email yesterday, but it honestly doesn't seem too small haha. Looking at this thread, it seems like more of a "big pool".

I got the "small pool" email yesterday, but it honestly doesn't seem too small haha. Looking at this thread, it seems like more of a "big pool".

Haha true. But after being in silence for so long with them, I'm glad to have some kind of resolution.

So just to confirm, this "small pool" email is the email with "The Admissions Committee has completed its initial review of your application, and your application has moved forward in the process to the group of applicants who will potentially be invited to interview for admission." correct?

Or is there another email that I am missing out on? Regardless, I'm finally happy to hear something since I was complete 7/2 for them. Does anyone know the historical trend on applicants that are given IIs from this small pool list?

So just to confirm, this "small pool" email is the email with "The Admissions Committee has completed its initial review of your application, and your application has moved forward in the process to the group of applicants who will potentially be invited to interview for admission." correct?

Or is there another email that I am missing out on? Regardless, I'm finally happy to hear something since I was complete 7/2 for them. Does anyone know the historical trend on applicants that are given IIs from this small pool list?

Yep thats the one

Interviewed here on the 12th and was told I would hear back the week of Oct. 23rd. Now that's a fast turn around! I wish all schools were like that.

I hear back tomorrow ugh nervous

Reactions: 4 users
They mentioned they put Thank You notes in your file and I am kind of freaking out because I forgot to send one. This has honestly been the case for all my interviews, because I didn't know sending thank you notes was a thing. Better late than never? Or is this not really a big deal?

They mentioned they put Thank You notes in your file and I am kind of freaking out because I forgot to send one. This has honestly been the case for all my interviews, because I didn't know sending thank you notes was a thing. Better late than never? Or is this not really a big deal?

Don't worry. It doesn't really change a decision.