2017-2018 Medical College of Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Also just got the hold email. My heart stopped when I saw "Thank you for your continued interest..." because I felt a "but" coming. It's not an interview, which sucks, but it's not a rejection, so okay lol.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also just got the hold email. My heart stopped when I saw "Thank you for your continued interest..." because I felt a "but" coming. It's not an interview, which sucks, but it's not a rejection, so okay lol.
Stay positive

Stay positive. I was about to give up.

Reactions: 1 user
So if people that were already on hold are getting II then having heard nothing is probably bad right?

The first thing I did this morning was check my email and I thought the "hold" email was a rejection. What a relief. I guess this is... good?

Hello Yall, I just wanted to post here and let you know that I got put into the interview pool (hold?).

Anyone know how likely it is to get an II from this point?

Last edited:
WELL literally one hour after I posted I got the hold email (which came this morning) I got an II!!! IS, to MCW-Central. I had already come to terms that I just had to stay positive and wait out the hold lol...surprised and excited to say the least. So I guess this "hold" isn't entirely a you-have-to-wait-months-to-hear-back type of hold.

Reactions: 8 users
Maybe there is hope for me!

Members don't see this ad :)
WELL literally one hour after I posted I got the hold email (which came this morning) I got an II!!! IS, to MCW-Central. I had already come to terms that I just had to stay positive and wait out the hold lol...surprised and excited to say the least. So I guess this "hold" isn't entirely a you-have-to-wait-months-to-hear-back type of hold.

Wow that is so bizarre you received both emails in the same day! Gives me hope at least. Congrats :)

Wow that is so bizarre you received both emails in the same day! Gives me hope at least. Congrats :)

Right?? So strange. Hopefully they've got the right person :p And thanks! I'm sure there's some interview love coming your way :)

What are the approximate odds of getting accepted after an interview? I was offered one and am super excited but also don't want to get my hopes up.

What are the approximate odds of getting accepted after an interview? I was offered one and am super excited but also don't want to get my hopes up.

Msar says 646 interviewed after 7643 applications for a final class of 261

Assuming 2-3x acceptances to class size i would say your odds are good

^^also if you are OOS its 300 something out of 6700 something so numbers for post interview may be nicer

Already have an interview scheduled (since last week) and got the weird 'youre under review for in person interview' email that a ton of people got 1-2 days ago. Think it's an error maybe or kinda weird system fluke, sounds like it went to half the planet.

Already have an interview scheduled (since last week) and got the weird 'youre under review for in person interview' email that a ton of people got 1-2 days ago. Think it's an error maybe or kinda weird system fluke, sounds like it went to half the planet.

They must have some sort of in-depth screening before sending II's

Wow so bizarre. I really wonder if it was a glitch? Would be a relief to those of us who do not have an II and received the "on hold" email.

II this morning, with the only options to schedule next week! OOS. Super stoked though :)

Edit: Sorry everyone, I was complete 8/20, not early August

Last edited:
II this morning, with the only options to schedule next week! Super stoked though :)

I never got an email confirmation with the completed file notice, I think? I submitted early August but got payment processed on 8/20

Congrats! Did you have to call to schedule the interview?

Hi I'm IS and haven't heard back yet. I have yet to turn in the residency form since it says its not due until April 30th, but realized this may be the reason I haven't heard anything back yet? My application says complete, but does anyone know if I need to turn that form in before they review?

Hi I'm IS and haven't heard back yet. I have yet to turn in the residency form since it says its not due until April 30th, but realized this may be the reason I haven't heard anything back yet? My application says complete, but does anyone know if I need to turn that form in before they review?

Nope! I'm IS with an II and haven't turned in the form yet. So it's not necessary.

They will review your application without the residency form. That form is simply for tuition purposes, I believe IS matriculants get ~$5,000 off tuition since the State of Wisconsin pays that portion. Not 100% sure though so don't quote me on that.

Nope! I'm IS with an II and haven't turned in the form yet. So it's not necessary.
They will review your application without the residency form. That form is simply for tuition purposes, I believe IS matriculants get ~$5,000 off tuition since the State of Wisconsin pays that portion. Not 100% sure though so don't quote me on that.

Thank you guys! I was thinking about why I haven't heard yet and was worried that could've been why. Hopefully I'll hear back soon :) Good luck with your interview!

How do we know if this school processed our CASPer Test? On the portal, I see nothing next to this test...

Does anyone know if MCW is receptive to updates??
Hey there~they have an updates section in the secondary portal. And I think that they may be very receptive to updates on here. But they dissuade from sending emails after updating on the website...hope that helps :)

How do we know if this school processed our CASPer Test? On the portal, I see nothing next to this test...

I took CASPer on 8/10 and it didn't show it on the portal. I emailed them and they said my score was received and my application is complete. Never received any other notification.

Has anyone had the issue of actually contacting admissions? I'm using the number they provided on the email to schedule my interview, but every time I've called (during normal, open business hours) nobody has picked up. Has anyone else had this issue?

I took CASPer on 8/10 and it didn't show it on the portal. I emailed them and they said my score was received and my application is complete. Never received any other notification.
I called them and they received my score :)

I was complete on 7/14/17, complete silence since then...no hold notification or any updates since then. I'm not sure how I should feel about this

I was complete on 7/14/17, complete silence since then...no hold notification or any updates since then. I'm not sure how I should feel about this
Well, it also may depend on which campus you picked as #1.

Has anyone had the issue of actually contacting admissions? I'm using the number they provided on the email to schedule my interview, but every time I've called (during normal, open business hours) nobody has picked up. Has anyone else had this issue?

Maybe you've had luck getting through today, but I think they're just backed up.

Hey everyone, I'm a student at one of the regional campuses with some free time and happy to try and answer questions. To those who received interview invites, huge congrats! To those waiting, keep your head up, it's still VERY early in the cycle, you're still in the running!

Reactions: 5 users
I think you're right because I actually got that email and so did some of my classmates even though we are already going here... Not sure what happened but to those of you who didn't get the email, I wouldn't sweat it.

This is exactly right. I think you might need it submitted to get your financial aid too, but either way, it's not necessary that it's filled out right now.

Hey thanks for doing this! How do you like it so far? The class sizes are pretty small from my understanding, so does it feel a little more personalized?

Last edited:

I had the same problem, left a voicemail, and reeveiced a call back the next morning. You may have already gotten through, but they will get back to you!

I also got an email saying initial review of my application was complete over a week after my II.

If I'm interviewing at Central, that's the campus I would be admitted to, right? Does anyone know how the really small class size affects post-interview acceptance rate? Or how many interviews at done specifically at each campus?

Hey thanks for doing this! How do you like it so far? The class sizes are pretty small from my understanding, so does it feel a little more personalized?
No problem! I absolutely love it, and yes it does feel more personalized. Since there's only 25 of us in the class I feel less like a face in a sea of students and I'm getting a lot more meaningful interaction with faculty than I would somewhere else. In anatomy lab for example we always had 2 professors in there with us, which is like a 12:1 student to faculty ratio, so someone was almost always available if we had questions or needed help identifying structures on our cadaver. When we have lecture (which we watch live from Milwaukee) there's always a professor sitting in class watching with us, and their offices are literally just down the hall if we ever have questions. It feels like we are more of a group than a class, which I love.

No problem! I absolutely love it, and yes it does feel more personalized. Since there's only 25 of us in the class I feel less like a face in a sea of students and I'm getting a lot more meaningful interaction with faculty than I would somewhere else. In anatomy lab for example we always had 2 professors in there with us, which is like a 12:1 student to faculty ratio, so someone was almost always available if we had questions or needed help identifying structures on our cadaver. When we have lecture (which we watch live from Milwaukee) there's always a professor sitting in class watching with us, and their offices are literally just down the hall if we ever have questions. It feels like we are more of a group than a class, which I love.

Hey would it be too late to apply? My LizzyM is 68.5, LGBT

Are you at the Central Wisconsin or Green Bay campus? Thank you for your information! Do you guys have clubs and health fairs and all that kind of stuff at those campuses too? I guess I'm wondering if you feel you can pursue your interests!

Thanks for the reply! I much prefer smaller classes so that sounds awesome!

Are you at the Central Wisconsin or Green Bay campus? Thank you for your information! Do you guys have clubs and health fairs and all that kind of stuff at those campuses too? I guess I'm wondering if you feel you can pursue your interests!

I'm also interested in what kind of community-involvement opportunities there are. Is there a free-clinic? Volunteering? Etc.

I'm also interested in what kind of community-involvement opportunities there are. Is there a free-clinic? Volunteering? Etc.
Yep we have lots of student organizations and interest groups! I doubt the groups are as diverse as those on a larger campus, but we still have things like a student health and wellness organization, student lead government, specialty interest groups and even intramurals. As far as community involvement, there are TONS of opportunities and places looking for help. Homeless shelters, a drug abuse rehab center, a shelter for abused women, hospitals, there's a mentorship program which targets at-risk kids, etc. One of the requirements to graduate actually is to plan and complete a longitudinal community service project that you work on throughout your 3 years, so you'll kind of build your own opportunity that way too. Unfortunately there aren't any student lead free clinic on either regional campus that I'm aware of, but like I said, there are a lot of other opportunities. Hope that helps!