2017-2018 Harvard Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'll see your . and raise you a .....

I've been here a while and I never really understood what that " . " is for..

Members don't see this ad.

I've been here a while and I never really understood what that " . " is for..

It's done when someone wants to get alerts to the thread when something new has been posted, instead of doing the more sensible option, which is to click the "watch thread" that appears on the top right corner of the thread when one is logged in. Go figure??

Reactions: 4 users
Also, you can't delete your posts unless you're an SDN donor (paid account), so sometimes people erase their posts by just editing to a period or an X.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview invites start coming out August 22 and the first interview day is September 11 for HMS.
3hrs to fake news

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Reactions: 5 users
Somehow I'm really hoping we end up at the same med school next year.

Hahaha I hope so too to be honest!! Since we are both in this thread, guess I'll see you at Harvard next fall :)

Just got my II and I think my brain might explode

Reactions: 15 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone with an II. Did any of you apply to HST, or just pathways?

Congrats to everyone with an II. Did any of you apply to HST, or just pathways?
HST interview days come later in the cycle - I believe the invite comes mid September and the first interview day for HST is in mid October. There are only 8 of them if I recall correctly, each of them consisting of 20 or so people.

For people who have received IIs for Pathways, when were you complete?

Has anyone actually met the 4000 character count on "If you have already graduated, briefly summarize your activities since graduation"? 4000 characters don't seem very brief...

Has anyone actually met the 4000 character count on "If you have already graduated, briefly summarize your activities since graduation"? 4000 characters don't seem very brief...

I graduated almost 15 years ago and have led a very full life so I took up a lot of room. But if you have graduated recently, you probably don't need that many characters.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

II today!! So surprised and excited! MCAT 517 GPA 3.72. Complete 7/18

Reactions: 12 users
Holy snap II. completed july 17.

Reactions: 10 users
I graduated almost 15 years ago and have led a very full life so I took up a lot of room. But if you have graduated recently, you probably don't need that many characters.

How much into detail did you go? I feel like I've written everything in my primary.

How much into detail did you go? I feel like I've written everything in my primary.

I took a slightly different approach and focused on what I learned and how I grew through each experience - so maybe a sentence or two on each. I wrote a bit extra on my eleven years as an engineer, and then added some details about owning a business. I had to get a lot in, so I couldn't be too detailed. I also wanted to avoid repeating my primary.

Reactions: 3 users
Just got an HST interview, complete mid July!

Reactions: 11 users
...and just received a concurrent Pathways II 30 seconds later! They are back to back o_O

II...Not even sure what to think...

AH! II! GOT THE EMAIL IN THE MIDDLE OF CLASS AND LITERALLY GASPED:rofl:

Really don't know what to do with myself right now, kinda felt like my sGPA was going to be too low... For those who are wondering:

Complete July 25th, MCAT 525, c/sGPA 3.75/3.68,
edit and Pathways only. Maybe there is a god after all

Last edited:
Reactions: 15 users
AH! II! GOT THE EMAIL IN THE MIDDLE OF CLASS AND LITERALLY GASPED:rofl:

Really don't know what to do with myself right now, kinda felt like my sGPA was going to be too low... For those who are wondering:

Complete July 25th, MCAT 525, c/sGPA 3.75/3.68, edit and Pathways only. Maybe there is a god after all

woohoooo congrats!! :banana::banana::banana:

HST and Pathways IIs a few minutes ago. I'm completely floored.

Complete 7/24, LizzyM ~77, Regular MD

II Pathways today. Speechless.

Reactions: 10 users
What interview dates were available recently?
Personally, I was assigned dates (HST interviews on Tuesdays only and they assigned me a Tuesday in October with an accompanying Monday New Pathways date), so I have no idea what other dates were available (edit: retrospectively I see how useless this sounds but just wanted to let you know that no one might be able to help with this I promise I'm not mean). Not sure if others were able to choose.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Canadian students are getting any interview invites? Haha I am wondering if they look at all American applications first or something.

Does anyone know if Canadian students are getting any interview invites? Haha I am wondering if they look at all American applications first or something.

Unfortunately, we don't have many international students in our class. I think we have ~ 5 total.

II!! LETS GOOOOOOOOO HAHVAHD

Reactions: 13 users

International, non-Canadian citizen here with an II here (I have 3 others). I did attend a US undergrad though. According to MSAR, 16 international students (including DACA) matriculated at Harvard last year.

Reactions: 1 users
So I know this is Harvard, #1 Med school in the country.... but what do people think about a polite ITA request (in the area). I read on another thread that Harvard is actually receptive, but it was just added to a list and nobody really elaborated. If anybody has any idea or wants to add their two cents that would be great. I'm about 5 hours away from Boston, so not super far or close but if it didn't hurt I would consider it.