2017-2018 Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm not seeing any changes to my portal either! No email as well
Wondering if its waitlist. Lol i gotta stop thinking about this and go finish my essay thats due today

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m not seeing anything either - sounds like so far only R’s have gone up on the portal?

Reactions: 2 users
It looks like WL notifications came out all the way through the afternoon last year. Might be a long wait.

Reactions: 1 user
Silence squad....
DeepBreathing-1.jpg

Reactions: 7 users
Anyone accepted through the portal yet?
Someone posted that they were accepted but immediately deleted it. I feel like we would have seen more than 1 post if the acceptances went up already but idk anything anymore

Reactions: 4 users
Between yesterday and this morning, I have gone through so many emotions. I am numb. Just in time for Duke to start releasing decisions over the span of a few days :/

Reactions: 12 users
Someone posted that they were accepted but immediately deleted it. I feel like we would have seen more than 1 post if the acceptances went up already but idk anything anymore
Yeah what was up with that post?? It said accepted with no phone call but now it's gone.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone out there is listening this is an AWFUL system you got Columbia. It is just unkind to do it this way at this point. This is almost as bad as Penn's robotic and rude double rejection system.

Reactions: 6 users
Just got the R post-II late January. Not even upset. just relieved to know. Good luck y'all!

Just got the R post-II late January. Not even upset. just relieved to know. Good luck y'all!

Sorry to hear that.

Any chance these are coming out alphabetically? I’m near the end and haven’t heard anything

Sorry to hear that.

Any chance these are coming out alphabetically? I’m near the end and haven’t heard anything
Iirc, everyone else is getting waitlisted at this point.

EDIT: Nevermind, I’m wrong. Literally the post after this disproves this... I think it’s safe to say that the rest of the portal updates today are either going to be WL or R.

Last edited:
rejected just now (for some reason, got it a bit later than everyone else who posted earlier that their portal updated)

Has anyone received good news via portal? Just got the email, but can't access a computer yet and I'm not encouraged by reports so far.

My portal still isn’t updated

Reactions: 3 users
WL as well, early alphabet. Anybody have an idea where Columbia is on the "actually have a chance" to "polite rejection" waitlist spectrum?

My name is early in the alphabet and I haven’t been waitlisted, accepted, or rejected. Maybe they are going by interviewer’s interviewees and only those whose interviewers have confirmed with admissions that they have completed calls to the accepted students are now being notified of waitlist/rejection

My name is early in the alphabet and I haven’t been waitlisted, accepted, or rejected. Maybe they are going by interviewer’s interviewees and only those whose interviewers have confirmed with admissions that they have completed calls to the accepted students are now being notified of waitlist/rejection
this seems plausible

Man...

2 weeks in a row of this for me ending in an R. First Mayo then Columbia.

I'm lucky to have an acceptance in my home state so I shouldn't be too upset.

Seriously wish everyone who is still waiting the best of luck with Columbia or any other schools you may be waiting on!

Reactions: 7 users
Has anyone who interviewed with double D heard back one way or the other?

my last name is at the end of the alphabet and i've heard nothing so far