2017-2018 Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
WL as well. Anybody have an idea where Columbia is on the "actually have a chance" to "polite rejection" waitlist spectrum?
I believe ~100 students are accepted off the waitlist of 650-800 students. So there’s a very real chance as Columbia’s yield is ~55%.

Members don't see this ad.

Finally got the WL email. Good to know my password isn't hashed. Probably shouldn't have used the same password for all these accounts...

Reactions: 1 users
Waitlisted! I interviewed in September, did not send an update.

This is starting to stress me out a bit. I interviewed at 6 schools, 5 of which I am now waitlisted for. All of my interviews were in September, so I thought that was a good sign, but man... :confused:

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Finally got the WL email. Good to know my password isn't hashed. Probably shouldn't have used the same password for all these accounts...
It seems most med schools use the AMP admissions software package for their secondaries. If I had to guess, it's the vendor's fault that passwords are stored in plaintext. Pretty unprofessional for what's supposed to be such an important process.

OMG!! They said it was impossible. They said it couldn't be done. But despite all that, I've proven them wrong. After receiving NO CALL yesterday, I finally received my VERY FIRST...... waitlist! Interviewed with DD. I'd like to thank my mom, my dog, and everyone on this thread for riding this emotional roller coaster with me. Won't be seeing any of you at second look!

Reactions: 29 users
OMG!! They said it was impossible. They said it couldn't be done. But despite all that, I've proven them wrong. After receiving NO CALL yesterday, I finally received my VERY FIRST...... waitlist! Interviewed with DD. I'd like to thank my mom, my dog, and everyone on this thread for riding this emotional roller coaster with me. Won't be seeing any of you at second look!
Your track record looks good enough leave some for the rest of us please and thank you #allaboard #waitlisttrain #choochoo

Name at the end of the alphabet. Still nothing.

Reactions: 1 user
WL, interviewed November, LizzieM high 70s (not sure how to calculate this accurately).

Congrats to everyone who got accepted!

Can we assume that all decisions at this point are waitlists? Has anyone gotten an rejection recently?

Members don't see this ad :)
WL just now. Interviewer DQ. Got an email directing me to portal. Best wishes everyone!! At some point we will look back on this time fondly...

Waitlisted. I am assuming everyone was told they were "highly ranked" as well?

WL, I’m still kind of relieved because Columbia means a lot to me and I’m going to be confident and hope to get off the WL! Goodluck to everyone else.. it’s been a journey.

Waitlisted. Interviewer LS. Got the email almost the moment my portal changed.

Waitlisted, did not send thank you or receive any sort of communication post-interview

Waitlisted. DB interviewer. Got the highly ranked WL, which went out to everyone..? Huge congrats to everyone accepted though!

If 650-800 applicants are WL'd we shouldn't be told we are all "highly regarded." I do understand they are dealing with a lot of applicants, but still. And KillaT, I was triggered before haha

I got “highly regarded applicant”

Jumping on that WL train. For future premeds who will undoubtedly search old threads: interviewed early October, got the request for update and sent one in.

Reactions: 3 users
Also WLed via portal. I received the stronger-worded thank you response that did not ask for an update

From last year, the first self-reported instance of acceptance from WL on SDN was dated May 09. The post that the class had been filled and no more WL movement any longer was dated May 23.

Reactions: 2 users
Waitlisted. Kinda saw this coming. Does anyone who is a student who was waitlisted have any counsel for those who wanna fight for a spot?

does anyone know if letters of intent have any negative consequences on financial aid? also around when do people generally send out LOIs?

WL, interviewed with BA. Also got the "highly considered" wording.

Was there actually different wording or is this a joke... I accepted the WL so fast I didn’t read it...

I've been lucky enough to be accepted here, and I was wondering if current students could comment on two questions:

1) What's the living situation like? I stayed in Bard Hall for my interview but tbh I don't think I could live there for an entire year. I've heard rent is reasonable in Washington Heights. How common is it for students to live off campus? Is it difficult to find a roommate?

2) How generous are they with financial aid?

Reactions: 3 users
1) What's the living situation like? I stayed in Bard Hall for my interview but tbh I don't think I could live there for an entire year. I've heard rent is reasonable in Washington Heights. How common is it for students to live off campus? Is it difficult to find a roommate?

I have a similar question, I'd rather not live there, but is it worth living in Bard first year just to be able to enter the Bard-to-Towers lottery for second year?