2017-2018 Albert Einstein College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard back about housing assignments yet?

Members don't see this ad.

There are a few places to keep your bike near the rec center, but it seems that most people keep them in the parking garage. There's a designated area for bikes there with plenty of room.
Awesome! Thank you so much

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard back about housing assignments yet?

So I called housing office 2 weeks ago and was told that we won't be getting an email confirming whether or not they received our forms; Our tracking number will be the only confirmation. I was also told that it's too early to hear from them, I think they said they'll start assigning housing to incoming students sometime in June.

Really hoping for some WL movement from here soon! Maybe tomorrow will be the day? :whistle:

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know where we need to send our transcripts? They didn't specify in the email they sent out.

Does anyone with a late interview know when we should hear back by?

I too, would like to know. However, I interviewed back in February and haven't received any communication from admissions. The only thing I have gotten from their is their confirmation emails, as I sent in some new updates/activities/LORs.

I'm going to assume this is a silent rejection, as people in March have already heard back and been accepted or wait-listed.

Judging by the past couple years' threads (which I spent a lot of time browsing) it looks like the latest post-interview decisions were made by mid May (the 16th seemed like the last day of post-II decisions), so hopefully you won't be waiting too much longer! As an FYI I interviewed mid April and already got a decision but it seems like plenty of March/April people haven't heard back yet so it doesn't seem to be done quite in order.

Members don't see this ad :)
JUST GOT ACCEPTED FROM THE WAITLIST!! AHHH! Got the "Einstein" (HPWL?) email in early March and received the "Looking forward to hearing back from you" email last week. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 6 users
JUST GOT ACCEPTED FROM THE WAITLIST!! AHHH! Got the "Einstein" (HPWL?) email in early March and received the "Looking forward to hearing back from you" email last week. Good luck everyone!
omg congrats!! did you send in an official LOI or just responded to the email?

Accepted LizzyM 72! Finally set on a school after more than a year of applications. I was never officially waitlisted but got the looking forward to hear from you email last week. Interviewed 3/2

Reactions: 4 users

ACCEPTED TODAY!!!

Accepted LizzyM 72! Finally set on a school after more than a year of applications. I was never officially waitlisted but got the looking forward to hear from you email last week. Interviewed 3/2

Congrats everyone!! When did you guys interview??

Also got accepted this afternoon! Was placed on "HPWL" in March, and got the "still interested" email about a week ago!!

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats to everyone accepted today! hoping there's still a chance for me to get an acceptance off the hpwl and join y'all!

You can send your transcript electronically (official means only, like national clearing house) to Ms. Pace, or to the office of admissions:
1300 Morris Park Ave., Belfer Building Room 206, Bronx, NY 10461

By the way, for the health requirements, Einstein will not extend the June 30th deadline. They offer the required titers and physical at their OHS for $500, but you have to have everything complete and submitted to Einstein by July 1st. I suppose if you do not live locally, going to Einstein to get these completed for $500 does not make sense.

omg congrats!! did you send in an official LOI or just responded to the email?
I responded with a strong letter of interest where I confirmed that I would withdraw my current acceptance and accept Einstein's offer if accepted.

Wow, congrats to both of you!
Were they phone calls or emails?
It was an email around 9:30 AM PST. I received a congratulatory email from my interviewer shortly after :)

Congrats everyone!! When did you guys interview??

I interviewed late last year-- late Oct / early Nov.

Accepted today after waitlist in April! ~LM 74, sent a letter of interest (not intent). Going to take the next couple days to think about it

Reactions: 2 users
Question for people recently accepted: in the acceptance email it says to complete the background check consent form, which I did previously for another school. Is this something you just do once, because I havent received that on behalf of einstein?

Question for people recently accepted: in the acceptance email it says to complete the background check consent form, which I did previously for another school. Is this something you just do once, because I havent received that on behalf of einstein?
I was under the impression that once you do it the first time you should be all set

Interviewed mid-March and accepted yesterday after a HPWL-like email and continued interest question recently. Also happened to receive a merit scholarship out of no where, so looks like they're still awarding them. Are there any M3/M4's checking out these forums? Hoping to ask some questions about Einstein, as they only give you 5 days to decide which has me losing sleep.

also, how do I apply for housing? haha
I was accepted earlier so it may be different for those accepted recently, but I received an email with all of the application paperwork that I mailed to the school. I assume that email is on its way for those who have just been accepted. Congrats by the way to all of you!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know if einstein drug tests upon matriculation? Asking for a friend

Accepted yesterday. Secondary only complete 9/1 when my LoRs arrived. Interviewed 3/5, HPWL 4/12, responded via Email with Letter of Intent (a few paragraphs saying why I thought I was a good fit and stating clearly I would definitely come if accepted...at the time they could have seen I didn't get in anywhere else so my statement didn't mean all that much lmao). Got an email 5/2 from Dean Kerrigan asking if I was interested in coming. Wrote a few paragraphs on 5/6 (basically recycled LoI), got an email from Dean Kerrigan 5/8 simply saying "Wonderful! Thank you [my name]!" Got an acceptance email 5/9.

What a relief. I was calling my undergrad pre-health advisors to start the paperwork for reapplying. Glad I don't have to go through this again.

LizzyM 74, ORM, my older sibling goes there (which may or may not help), and I'm from the Bronx.

If I could do one thing differently I'd get my secondary in about a month earlier and save myself the needless worry.

See some of you in August.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Ok y'all - waitlisted today, subject is "EINSTEIN - WAIT LIST." Thankful it's not a rejection but still... I'm not sure if this is HPWL or not. It said "We are happy to remain in communication with you, and to consider any additional supporting documentation that you would like us to review." and asked me to check the box on the website to indicate if I wanted to stay on the waitlist but DID NOT ask me to respond directly to this. What are my chances? :(

Edited to add, they sent out the same email they sent mid-March or end of March to waitlisted applicants. Because the email said "Please let us know whether or not you wish to maintain your place on the wait list by checking the appropriate box (blah blah blah) within weeks of the date of this email (April 8)." And then they sent out another email to correct it/rub it in even more: "Our apologies....our last email went out without the appropriate time limit. ........." and this time it was corrected to say "within one week of the date of this email (May 17)." I am just trying to figure out if this is HPWL or regular WL...

Last edited:
Accepted today - interviewed 3/26, was not waitlisted beforehand.

Reactions: 1 users
Do people think I should email dean Kerrigan my Loi? I was placed on hpwl, and responded to the email with something short like “Einstein is my top choice for med school.” I also attached a long pdf document detailing why I loved Einstein and saying that i would withdraw all my other applications and go to Einstein if accepted.

I’m not sure if they read through the entire pdf document and saw that it was a loi (That part was only one sentence near end of the pdf). Maybe they just saw my one sentence reply to the email and assumed I wasn’t super interested?
I think you should definitely call them before resending it! Admissions is really nice and they can confirm whether they received it. That’s what I did after I sent mine!

Anyone know if einstein drug tests upon matriculation? Asking for a friend
Also curious about this. Trying to go on a trip before school starts and I know drug tests mean I have to report to a testing facility, doubt they will have them in other countries.

For those of us just accepted, will they be mailing us the housing documents after we complete the online acceptance and technical standards form? Also, are there any financial documents other than the FAFSA we need to complete?

For those of us just accepted, will they be mailing us the housing documents after we complete the online acceptance and technical standards form? Also, are there any financial documents other than the FAFSA we need to complete?

When I was accepted off the WL in early April they sent the housing form about a week later. And there are other docs / things you need to send for financial aid. Congrats!