2017-2018 Albert Einstein College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think all waitlist emails start with "im happy to inform you." Did your email mention high priority anywhere?

nope no high priority but they did send the link about my interest in attending

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted earlier today. Interviewed beginning of april. Subject line was just waitlist but the email body was identical to HPWL emails from earlier so not too sure which list i’m on

Mid April interviewee here, no news yet but hoping the fact that some April people have decisions means I'll hear something soon ?

Reactions: 1 user
Mid April interviewee here, no news yet but hoping the fact that some April people have decisions means I'll hear something soon ?
No news here either from March. I choose to think it means they'll wait to see our lack of other acceptances so they can swoop in with an acceptance that will be kept :)

Reactions: 1 users
They haven't. I am just planning ahead as it is cheaper to book flights 6-8 weeks ahead of time. Thank you for the information!

All I know is that the program will be from 7/30-8/10 and that they are waiting for admissions to send them the final list of students to send invitations.

I made a trip to campus recently and an MS1 I met mentioned that there will be curriculum changes next year... they didn’t know many details. Has anyone else heard this? Also can any current students comment on when step 1 is taken and how much protected study time is given? If any MS4s can comment on how much control you have over year 3/4 and how difficult or easy it is to make time for residency interviews I would be appreciative!

curious about what people think regarding how much waitlist movement will occur following traffic day? also for those who have been accepted already, what is your impression of the school? seems like people have had issues getting financial aid in timely manner. is this just typical of the admissions process at einstein or do similar issues seem to impact current students? i was very impressed with the school when i interviewed, but it seems as though some people on here have had some subpar experiences

curious about what people think regarding how much waitlist movement will occur following traffic day? also for those who have been accepted already, what is your impression of the school? seems like people have had issues getting financial aid in timely manner. is this just typical of the admissions process at einstein or do similar issues seem to impact current students? i was very impressed with the school when i interviewed, but it seems as though some people on here have had some subpar experiences

Schools are not obliged to award a financial aid package to accepted students by the decision deadline. I'm sure many schools take a while to award aid. It was the same way for me during undergrad.

I made a trip to campus recently and an MS1 I met mentioned that there will be curriculum changes next year... they didn’t know many details. Has anyone else heard this? Also can any current students comment on when step 1 is taken and how much protected study time is given? If any MS4s can comment on how much control you have over year 3/4 and how difficult or easy it is to make time for residency interviews I would be appreciative!

When I interviewed they said that curriculum changes are under way "over the next several years." They want to switch to a full systems-based approach but haven't made the switch yet (I'm guessing still writing all the lectures, exams, etc. students said that each year the lectures are basically word-for-word the same, as evidenced by Ari's Notes)

No news here either from March. I choose to think it means they'll wait to see our lack of other acceptances so they can swoop in with an acceptance that will be kept :)

Do schools see other schools' decisions on each applicant?

Do schools see other schools' decisions on each applicant?

The way I understand it (someone correct me if I am wrong), after a certain date (which has come and gone) schools can see if you are holding other acceptances/how many acceptances.

The way I understand it (someone correct me if I am wrong), after a certain date (which has come and gone) schools can see if you are holding other acceptances/how many acceptances.

As of today they can see where all applicants hold acceptances

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview March 16th, waitlisted April 26th... UGH.

Any idea how much movement there is on the waitlist? Also, how much will writing an LOI/uploading additional letters of recommendation impact my chances of getting in? (Full disclosure, I'm planning on doing both, just want to know whether the odds are heavily stacked against me). Thanks :)

Reactions: 1 users
Woah. I interviewed the same day. Haven’t heard back yet though.

I had not been previously wait listed, but received the looking forward to hearing from you email which suggested I was previously wait listed.

What is that? Was that the first you heard from them since the interview?
It was just a pretty positive email asking if we were still interested in attending einstein. It seems most people who received it had already been placed on the waitlist, for me it was my first communication post-interview. Very glad to hear from them though!

Do you know if you were placed on the regular WL or HPWL?

I got placed on the waitlist early March and the wording of the waitlist email was consistent with others who said they were HPWL.

What is that? Was that the first you heard from them since the interview?

The email was pretty positive and just asked if we were still interested in Einstein. We were then asked to reply directly to the email if we were still interested.

I had not been previously wait listed, but received the looking forward to hearing from you email which suggested I was previously wait listed.
Maybe since its after April 30 they wanted to make sure that you didn't decide to go somewhere else since your interview.

I also received the "are you still interested" email

Rejected just now; interviewed in April. I thought it was one of my best interviews too.

Edit: Does anyone know if they're open to giving application feedback to rejected applicants?

Last edited:
Waitlisted about a minute ago - also interviewed in April.

Waitlisted from March, what was that about wording and priority?

HPWL! (I think) Interviewed in April. So excited, this is my top choice!

For accepted students have you heard anything from Einstein in the last two weeks?

For accepted students have you heard anything from Einstein in the last two weeks?
Just the email frim Bridget about the 30th deadline for making a choice

So did everyone on the waitlist get the “looking forward to hearing back from you” email?

The people who got the “looking forward to hearing back from you” email, when were you guys waitlisted?

For the folks who interviewed in April and received some kind of decision, when did you interview? I interviewed mid-April and am still waiting to hear...

Anyone still waiting for a post-II decision...? Interviewed late march

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if there are any bike racks around campus? If not, where do people usually store their bikes?

Does anyone know if there are any bike racks around campus? If not, where do people usually store their bikes?

There are a few places to keep your bike near the rec center, but it seems that most people keep them in the parking garage. There's a designated area for bikes there with plenty of room.