2017-2018 Albert Einstein College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Still waiting on that FA package. Seriously though, it can't possibly be this difficult to just tell me that I need to finance my entire education with loans.
have the people who got off the WL a couple weeks ago gotten any further correspondence after the acceptance stuff? like housing, student portal, etc?

I received a financial aid notification today. I don't think my package is complete though.

Members don't see this ad.

@brinny @howtomedicine
Housing emailed me back saying "We just received the manifest of names of those accepted. You should be receiving an email detailing what to do regarding Housing shortly."

I guess I'll try to be patient for a little bit longer... emphasis on a little bit ;)

Received the same email, but still haven't received the housing email lol

Anyone receive the "Looking forward to hearing from you email" and not get accepted after?

Members don't see this ad :)
so tell it to me straight guys, what are the chances of waitlist movement this late in the game?

Just withdrew my offer in favour of a Canadian school! Good luck to whoever gets my spot, hope you have an amazing 4 years at Einstein!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone looking into anything other than the Einstein health insurance? It seems outrageously expensive

Is anyone looking into anything other than the Einstein health insurance? It seems outrageously expensive

@Dwight Snoot, you should announce some health problems and have the incoming class raise their hands when they hear something that they want covered. Only real way to cut down on cost :happy:

Reactions: 2 users
Any luck with the housing email guys? I've emailed them a few times, and they keep saying they will send it out.
At this point, I'm probably just going to use the link above (thanks @boucher152 !) but it makes me wonder what other emails I might be missing out on...

Any luck with the housing email guys? I've emailed them a few times, and they keep saying they will send it out.
At this point, I'm probably just going to use the link above (thanks @boucher152 !) but it makes me wonder what other emails I might be missing out on...

No luck on my side either with the same response from the housing office. I’m still waiting for their email instead of using the link. Probably doesn’t hurt either way, but just want to make sure I’m not missing any further instructions that the email might contain.

Reactions: 1 user
I was interested in attending the Biochem course after hearing it was open to all students, but apparently it's only for those who meet one of the following criteria:

1) non-science major
2) has not taken a biochem course before
3) has not been in school for 2+ years

Sad!

I think they recommend everyone to take the class, but emphasize their recommendation even moreso for people that fall into the three categories you listed.

The "application" is just emailing the administrator in that department and filling out a commitment form.

I am pretty sure you can take the class even if you don't fall into any of the three above categories. Just reply to the admin that sent you the initial email and say you want to take it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called the housing department yesterday and was told to just wait for the email. I also brought up the possibility of filling out the housing form that was on the orientation page but they also told me not to. Looks like it may be best if we just sit tight and wait.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

for my fellow waitlisters: some intel says the class is now pretty much full so there will be very little movement from now on

When’s the official move in date for people not taking the biochem course?

for my fellow waitlisters: some intel says the class is now pretty much full so there will be very little movement from now on
Did you speak with admissions? Also, have you sent in any letters after being placed on the WL?

wasn't expecting to get off the waitlist anyway :/ sad because i really liked the school when i interviewed but it seems like their office is a mess in terms of housing & financial for students who were actually accepted so maybe it is for the best. i wish they would just tell us for sure so i can fully move forward with my current school

Still no housing email :/ Has anyone from the May 9th group gotten anything?

Not yet, but I just went ahead and mailed them the housing application found on the website

Anyone know what we have to do other than complete the OHS/medical clearance, send the transcript, and fill out the housing form? Super paranoid here and don't want to get the offer rescinded haha

Anyone know what we have to do other than complete the OHS/medical clearance, send the transcript, and fill out the housing form? Super paranoid here and don't want to get the offer rescinded haha

I think that is it. We'll get more financial information about applicable loans sometime soon according to the financial aid people. You could always call or email Mary Pace and verify too.

People who didn’t get the housing form: So I finally decided to call Admissions today and they reached out to Housing. Apparently there was a glitch in their system where the email was not being automatically sent out. They will go through the list of names manually this week and send the forms to us. Just thought I’d let everyone know! Also the lady reassured me that my name was on the list of May 9 acceptees and that housing is guaranteed for everyone.

what the heck I still haven't. and I was accepted 5/9.

I called them today and was told that I would receive an email by the end of the week, but ended up getting it moments after calling. I didn't give a name or acceptance date, just asked when an entering student for the class of 2022 would receive the housing email. Perhaps they just haven't gotten to you yet?

do we also fill out and send the waiting list form in the housing packet? the instructions were kind of confusing... what does "not intended for initial assignment" mean?

Did anyone get any emails after the April 30 deadline reminder email? Also did anyone get a follow-up email with instructions on how to apply for loans after receiving the aid package? TIA

Did anyone get any emails after the April 30 deadline reminder email? Also did anyone get a follow-up email with instructions on how to apply for loans after receiving the aid package? TIA
2c1km4.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
do we also fill out and send the waiting list form in the housing packet? the instructions were kind of confusing... what does "not intended for initial assignment" mean?

That’s to get on the waitlist for a studio!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

just got my finaid award today. does anyone know how to "accept/decline" the offer or am I overlooking a button...?

just got my finaid award today. does anyone know how to "accept/decline" the offer or am I overlooking a button...?
Wow that's pretty fast! Mind me asking when you submitted your finaid application? Just want to get an idea of when I might hear back from them.

I got mine back very quickly as well (less than two weeks). Also was surprised by a small scholarship off the waitlist

Anyone get their housing assignment yet?

A couple weeks ago I was told by an adcom that the class is full now and they are expecting only minimal movement (replacing people who drop out) until August.
Thanks mangoangel. Trying to stay hopeful, but I've begun reapplying.

I just withdrew my acceptance, good luck to all still waiting!

Can an M1 or current medical student PM me please? Need to make a decision on Einstein and another school and have a few question. Thank you so much in advance