2016-2017 Wayne State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WedgeDawg

not actually a dog
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
All have a 1000 character limit including spaces

Please discuss the reasons you wish to pursue your medical education at Wayne State University School of Medicine.

Medical School is very time consuming, and you are going to have to eliminate some current activities. What three activities are most important for you to continue while in medical school? Why?

Give an example of a project to which you gave sustained effort. How were you involved in the leadership of this project?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Much love for this school, hoping to get some in return this time around. :)

Reactions: 1 user
I heard on a webinar session they had that they are changing secondary prompts this year, so probably don't pre-write from last years prompts!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Have you heard any updates on their LCME accreditation status?

Do we need to re-send our transcripts? It appears that way on my application status page anyways...

@WedgeDawg
I just accessed my secondary, these are the questions in mine. All have a 1000 character limit including spaces
Please discuss the reasons you wish to pursue your medical education at Wayne State University School of Medicine.
Medical School is very time consuming, and you are going to have to eliminate some current activities. What three activities are most important for you to continue while in medical school? Why?
Give an example of a project to which you gave sustained effort. How were you involved in the leadership of this project?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait I dont really understand this question - What three activities are most important for you to continue while in medical school? Why?

is this talking more about extracurricular activities like dancing,singing, etc.

Or can i talk about volunteering activities that I am currently working on?

Apparently you could access your secondary application now via the status page. Never got an email though.
A. Check your spam email.

B. How were you all accessing the status page without the email link? I couldn't find anything on the website.

(Content redacted to preserve anonymity)

Last edited:
BDtN9Yu.png

did I miss something?

The login and password info in the "Thank You For Your Application" email doesn't work for me; am I just being stupid or did this happen for anyone else as well?

The login and password info in the "Thank You For Your Application" email doesn't work for me; am I just being stupid or did this happen for anyone else as well?

Are you trying to access the portal or the secondary (beyond the portal)?

My login credentials worked last night, however today they are not working. I changed my password, but now it's not accepting it :(

Tried to retrieve password, got told I need to call IT.

:eyebrow:

Much love for this school, hoping to get some in return this time around. :)
What do you like about it? I'm thinking of submitting an app just cause it's in the Midwest and I am too, but nothing really leaped out at me on their site. What makes them awesome?

Any indication of how strictly they interpret the word "project"? I have a sustained community service activity that made a real difference in a few ways, but I would hesitate to refer to it as a project.

What are we supposed to upload in the "Visa" section?

I'm a Canadian, so should I upload my passport? Or is this not supposed to be done yet?!

What are we supposed to upload in the "Visa" section?

I'm a Canadian, so should I upload my passport? Or is this not supposed to be done yet?!

Would also like to know. Also, is the site really slow to update for anyone else? I completed my secondary and paid the fee, but the checklist thing is still unchecked for both.

Would also like to know. Also, is the site really slow to update for anyone else? I completed my secondary and paid the fee, but the checklist thing is still unchecked for both.
I'm wondering if maybe they have to manually update it?

I sent them an email regarding the visa section, and will update once I know more!

This is possibly the most disorganized secondary section I've seen yet...

I'm wondering if maybe they have to manually update it?

I sent them an email regarding the visa section, and will update once I know more!

This is possibly the most disorganized secondary section I've seen yet...

The school makes the hassle worth it, IMO. :)

I've emailed them asking about the checklist not updating. I'll post here when they reply.

Reactions: 1 users
Anybody know if Wayne offers a fee waiver for FAP students?

upload_2016-7-18_10-54-34.png

received secondary 7-11-16 at 2:07pm
submitted 7-11-16 at 10:51pm

The school makes the hassle worth it, IMO. :)

I've emailed them asking about the checklist not updating. I'll post here when they reply.

I called today. The woman I spoke with said the checklist is kind of "glitchy" and that if the actual secondary website says you've submitted go with that. I believe it. My application status has been updated since I submitted but it says not secondary received.

I called today. The woman I spoke with said the checklist is kind of "glitchy" and that if the actual secondary website says you've submitted go with that. I believe it. My application status has been updated since I submitted but it says not secondary received.

Awesome, thanks for the update!

For those who's secondary is complete...

Questions!

I just submitted the secondary prompts, as well as paid the fee. But when I resigned into the portal, it says the secondary fee and the secondary application has not been received. Does it take a few days before showing up on there?

For those who's secondary is complete...

Questions!

I just submitted the secondary prompts, as well as paid the fee. But when I resigned into the portal, it says the secondary fee and the secondary application has not been received. Does it take a few days before showing up on there?
I called and asked about that. They said it's just an error with the site. They said they are actually receiving them.

I called and asked about that. They said it's just an error with the site. They said they are actually receiving them.

Whew, okay, thank you, man! And do you know about the technical standards document? I just uploaded the signed copy of the last page. They don't specify if they expect the full 4 pages or just the signed last page.

Whew, okay, thank you, man! And do you know about the technical standards document? I just uploaded the signed copy of the last page. They don't specify if they expect the full 4 pages or just the signed last page.
I thought that too, but I uploaded all 4 just in case.

Secondary submitted. I think so anyway. I really don't like that the page doesn't update when you do the essays and pay the fee lol

Reactions: 2 users
Having problems with my log in credentials on the secondary portal, anyone else have this problem?

Having problems with my log in credentials on the secondary portal, anyone else have this problem?
If I remember correctly, you have to create an account for the place it redirects you for the supplemental. It won't be the same login as the main site. It'll link to the app once you put your info in, including amcas number.