**2016-2017 URM Medical School Application Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm listening to it now. Yall are going to hate me but I just can't understand the hype for Drake. I haven't been a real fan since Thank Me later maybe even Take Care. Don't get me wrong, he makes good music but I was way more hype for Future's last two albums.

Future irks me for some reason.. I can't put my finger on it. But I did like a few songs on his latest album.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Future irks me for some reason.. I can't put my finger on it. But I did like a few songs on his latest album.

Damn. But I guess that's kinda how I feel about Drake. He don't irk but he's kinda just there to me unless he puts out a hot single.

My face when people mention Afro- Caribbean and Drake
12008967.jpg

Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Future: "I'm drowning in dirty sprite someone please call 911"
Me: *dabs*

This is the most versatile and explosive project from drake I've seen in a while. The transitions between songs is real smooth, my favorite transitions are the ones between jorja interlude and get it together and the transition between 4422 and Gyalchester. We got Grime Drake, Afro carribean Drake, take care Drake, rap drake. It's a real all encompassing project with a ton of cool features like Sampha and I already like it better than views. Oh and Passionfruit. Damn.

Sampha is my dawgggg

Plastic and Reverse faults :D

Reactions: 2 users
Now I love drake dearly but I wasn't really blown away by the album. I only listened to it once though so I do need to try again.

Now I love drake dearly but I wasn't really blown away by the album. I only listened to it once though so I do need to try again.

I think it's way better than views though. On a side note my friend said she's tired of "cultural appropriation drake" lol.

Reactions: 5 users
This semester needs to end quickly. I wake up every morning like "how many days of class have I missed? Do I really need to go?"

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This semester needs to end quickly. I wake up every morning like "how many days of class have I missed? Do I really need to go?"

I wake up every day saying the same thing about work. Luckily I have only 2 more months left until I am on a beach somewhere

Planned to quit my job in July but the lab manager just quit and we are short-handed so my PI would like me to stay and work part-time for part of school. Sigh... still haven't decided what to do.

Planned to quit my job in July but the lab manager just quit and we are short-handed so my PI would like me to stay and work part-time for part of school. Sigh... still haven't decided what to do.

I am going to be nosy and tell you to not take that offer up! Medical school will be stressful enough without a part tine job, plus u have a great scholarship. I wouldn't risk it by working part time.

Reactions: 6 users

I don't think you should feel like you owe them anything. Knock some things off your bucket list, get right mentally and physically. I'd say follow your plan instead of accommodating more duties, med school is challenging enough!

That new Dave Chappelle though...

I wake up every day saying the same thing about work. Luckily I have only 2 more months left until I am on a beach somewhere

I am the same way. I'm attempting to remain motivated and do my job well but I'm like...how long can I finesse doing the bare minimum before someone says something...I leave mid-may so....

*shrugs*

Full tuition merit scholarship with stipend from UCSF-Berkeley JMP!!!

Reactions: 31 users
Full tuition merit scholarship with stipend from UCSF-Berkeley JMP!!!

Yeah!!! Congratulations!!!! I'm so happy today! A friend of mine got into Harvard's summer research program, so this is icing on a good cake!!! I'm glad you got your first choice!!!!

Reactions: 6 users
Thank you everyone!! I'm still waiting for the package from UCSF MD only to decide which program but I decided on San Francisco period and am moving on April 1st!

Got a job offer out here in a clinical field that will allow me to go part time during school and get research done.

I'm so happy how everything has worked out.

Reactions: 13 users
Also does anyone have any recommendations for what to do in boston over the summer? I will be doing a research internship at Brigham Womens over the summer, but I wont be 21 until there is only 2.5 weeks left in the summer :(

Also does anyone have any recommendations for what to do in boston over the summer? I will be doing a research internship at Brigham Womens over the summer, but I wont be 21 until there is only 2.5 weeks left in the summer :(
At least you'll BE 21 in the summer...:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user

The only way I can see this being okay is if you get some posters or publications out of it while in medschool. Otherwise, you have to be selfish. Medical school is no ho3 and this is your future now. Best to start off on the right foot.

You guys are all right. My only reason for hesitating is that he is chief of the division, not strict on how many hours I work (but hinting that I need to be productive), and very generous with publications. My parents mentioned maintaining that connection, so I am treading lightly. Not remotely interested in this negatively impacting my education, however.

Oh, and congrats @WhittyPsyche :biglove:

I am going to be nosy and tell you to not take that offer up! Medical school will be stressful enough without a part tine job, plus u have a great scholarship. I wouldn't risk it by working part time.

I don't think you should feel like you owe them anything. Knock some things off your bucket list, get right mentally and physically. I'd say follow your plan instead of accommodating more duties, med school is challenging enough!

The only way I can see this being okay is if you get some posters or publications out of it while in medschool. Otherwise, you have to be selfish. Medical school is no ho3 and this is your future now. Best to start off on the right foot.

You guys are all right. My only reason for hesitating is that he is chief of the division, not strict on how many hours I work (but hinting that I need to be productive), and very generous with publications. My parents mentioned maintaining that connection, so I am treading lightly. Not remotely interested in this negatively impacting my education, however.

Oh, and congrats @WhittyPsyche :biglove:

Oh okay, that does kind of change things a lil bit. Play it by ear but also at some point have that conversation with him about your concerns with starting this new chapter in your life

Damn. I love seeing all the successful URM applicants and soon to be physicians! We definitely need more of us in the medical field.

My financial aid offer for school (so far) was in-state tuition as an OOS applicant. Ha. I think the final scholarship offers are sent before the end of April, so I am keeping hope.

Anybody know of outside scholarships?

Reactions: 5 users
Thank you everyone!! I'm still waiting for the package from UCSF MD only to decide which program but I decided on San Francisco period and am moving on April 1st!

Got a job offer out here in a clinical field that will allow me to go part time during school and get research done.

I'm so happy how everything has worked out.

Bruhhh please share some of your karma congrats!!

I've been smiling ear to ear all morning-- I got into UCLA (David Geffen) this morning!! My heart can't take it :biglove: I love you guys!!

Reactions: 31 users
I've been smiling ear to ear all morning-- I got into UCLA (David Geffen) this morning!! My heart can't take it :biglove: I love you guys!!
Congrats! !!!!!! Your dream school right

Yes I saw that!!!! What ever you do don't go to reddit/r/premed, I was strolling by and someone posted it and people went psycho about it :depressed:

Psycho over what exactly? Like one of those "she doesn't deserve it" types?