2016-2017 University of Washington Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys I was wondering if you think they are done making acceptance calls for IS Seattle? Over here patiently waiting for some kind of response!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys I was wondering if you think they are done making acceptance calls for IS Seattle? Over here patiently waiting for some kind of response!

I feel like at this point if people neither heard back nor have the new tab for an alternate list then they should expect a rejection since it normally goes along the lines of acceptance calls -> alternates -> rejection. I may be wrong, and I also hope that I am wrong at the same time since I am on the same boat :S

I seem to remember there being acceptance calls both Thursday and Friday last year, with rejections going out on the following Monday

edit, never mind, it was Wed. and Thursday with rejections Monday

Does anyone know how many people usually get placed on the alternate list?

I feel like at this point if people neither heard back nor have the new tab for an alternate list then they should expect a rejection since it normally goes along the lines of acceptance calls -> alternates -> rejection. I may be wrong, and I also hope that I am wrong at the same time since I am on the same boat :S

thank you for responding so quick, lets hope for the best and good luck to everyone!

I seem to remember there being acceptance calls both Thursday and Friday last year, with rejections going out on the following Monday

edit, never mind, it was Wed. and Thursday with rejections Monday

I will still hope for the best, but if I am on the reject list I would rather find out tomorrow than wait till Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Crazy there has only been 2 people post of acceptances and 1 posters friend. I'm resigned to a rejection now, super disappointed - as a career changed who set out 5 years ago dreaming of WWAMI, this is gonna be a tough one to swallow

Crazy there has only been 2 people post of acceptances and 1 posters friend. I'm resigned to a rejection now, super disappointed - as a career changed who set out 5 years ago dreaming of WWAMI, this is gonna be a tough one to swallow

I really do hope you get good news. Don't give up yet.

Members don't see this ad :)

i think its too early to give up, stay positive, lets hope for the best, you never know!

Reactions: 1 users
Alternate as well. Hurts real bad, I've dreamed of getting that call for half a decade now. Let's just hope that WSU helps our alternate list acceptances move to the 50s.

Another alternate here and I can't tell whether to be disappointed or proud/optimistic. I suppose it will depend heavily on that enticing, but as of yet empty, "rank status" tab.

Congrats to those that have been accepted and good luck to the rest of us.

what a process. biting my nails over here. any Spokane applicants rejected from TRUST, then SUC'd, hear back yet?

Last edited:
Hi all, loooong time lurker here.... Has anyone who's gotten an acceptance call seen their portal change to show their new status? Just wondering...
I'm one of the anxious ones who hasn't gotten a call or seen anything new on my portal...I'm expecting the worst, I guess, but still trying to hold onto a little bit of hope.
I interviewed back in October and have been SUC'ed since then so UW pretty much has been wrangling my emotions all year...

Hi all, loooong time lurker here.... Has anyone who's gotten an acceptance call seen their portal change to show their new status? Just wondering...
I'm one of the anxious ones who hasn't gotten a call or seen anything new on my portal...I'm expecting the worst, I guess, but still trying to hold onto a little bit of hope.
I interviewed back in October and have been SUC'ed since then so UW pretty much has been wrangling my emotions all year...
DITTO.

It takes a day or two for the portal to change/get the official e-mail from the day you get the acceptance call.

Like this post if currently no phone call and no portal change.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
For waitlist movement and information, check last year's thread. There is a google doc with all the information with links to previous google docs.

Unfortunately you can only view this on the desktop version and not mobile. So if it looks weird to you, just come back while you use a computer.

In the document is the waitlist numbers for previous years and their sources for information. Best of luck!

Thanks for all your help @BABSstudent. These lists are amazingly valuable. It looks like the above sheet is for 2015. Here the one I saved a while back that has movement for 2016:

Thanks for all your help @BABSstudent. These lists are amazingly valuable. It looks like the above sheet is for 2015. Here the one I saved a while back that has movement for 2016:

Someone should make one for the current year so future applicants can know what happened. Just copy paste everything and start anew!

Feel free to edit if you notice any mistakes/changes.
E2017 Waitlist movement:

Reactions: 2 users
Another alternate here and I can't tell whether to be disappointed or proud/optimistic. I suppose it will depend heavily on that enticing, but as of yet empty, "rank status" tab.

Congrats to those that have been accepted and good luck to the rest of us.

Initially, it was a huge disappointment. Now, it just feels like another SUC until we know what spot we have on the waitlist. Anyone know when we got our spots in past years? If we get below 25 it seems we should be golden. As someone mentioned, though, I am not sure how WSU will change things. God it sucks to be in limbo like this!

I feel like I just crushed a lot of people's hopes and dreams. Let's all pray that I am wrong because according to last year's thread, some people have been accepted when rejection e-mails were sent out as well (on a Monday).

I feel like I just crushed a lot of people's hopes and dreams. Let's all pray that I am wrong because according to last year's thread, some people have been accepted when rejection e-mails were sent out as well (on a Monday).

If this brings you a bit of hope, I don’t have an admissions decision tab present when I log on either. I had a great interview and my EXCOM told me that I am a very strong applicant right outside the room after my interview. He seemed really excited to have me there, and was even promoting the school’s research, which seemed like a really good sign—why try to convince someone to go there if you don’t think they have a shot. He seemed like he was really going to fight for me and from the conversation I felt like I had a very good chance of getting in. Hopefully the silence is just because they haven’t made all of the final decisions yet.

They just posted our rankings, good luck to you all... my chances are about zero.

My apologies for the multiple replies but I just spoke with UW and they said that the final decisions will be going out this afternoon and evening. Good luck everyone still waiting, I hope we all hear good news!

Reactions: 2 users
Oh god...literally on the bubble with my alternate list #...

@BABSstudent Do we complete the foundations site essay while on the waitlist? Or is that only for admitted students?

I honestly don't know since I didn't have to do any of that. We were just assigned spots when I applied and you had to petition to change it. I was assigned Seattle so I never did anything else.

My apologies for the multiple replies but I just spoke with UW and they said that the final decisions will be going out this afternoon and evening. Good luck everyone still waiting, I hope we all hear good news!

Thank you for calling and sharing!

I honestly don't know since I didn't have to do any of that. We were just assigned spots when I applied and you had to petition to change it. I was assigned Seattle so I never did anything else.

Thank you for your quick reply and support on here

Thanks for checking in on this. I too have heard something similar when I exited the room (I think we might have had the same EXCOM because I only know of one person that goes out of the room after every interview). I personally am just bracing myself for the worst since most people who have been accepted should've heard back by now.

Thanks for checking in on this. I too have heard something similar when I exited the room (I think we might have had the same EXCOM because I only know of one person that goes out of the room after every interview). I personally am just bracing myself for the worst since most people who have been accepted should've heard back by now.
My EXCOM also said very positive things during and after my interview. I have not heard anything back and am leaning to think that many applicants are told the same thing. :/

Top 5 Alternate list rank, so I guess I'm in.

UW was by far my worst interview, feeling so so so grateful that they ended up looking at my app as a whole instead of autorejecting me.

Lol, my excom seemed to feel rather sorry for me after my interview, was sure that was a harbinger of doom.

Last edited:
Out of pure curiosity, do we know how many alternates there are in total? Also - even though I have another acceptance, I am so temped to do a post rejection feedback session just to ask "why won't you love me"

Out of pure curiosity, do we know how many alternates there are in total? Also - even though I have another acceptance, I am so temped to do a post rejection feedback session just to ask "why won't you love me"

Did you receive a rejection or are you just assuming? I was really rooting for you :(

I know that when @freak7 tried to make an appointment, they said he couldn't because he is accepted elsewhere. Ugh.

Assuming - but I think it's pretty safe at this point.

And my acceptance is a DO, so they won't know - for now. Still have 3 other MD post II's I'm waiting on

My EXCOM also said very positive things during and after my interview. I have not heard anything back and am leaning to think that many applicants are told the same thing. :/

I'm a re-applicant, and from what I've heard among friends who have interviewed here and from my own personal experience, EXCOM members are all friendly. However, it is hard to gauge whether your interview went well. Although I think it was the first time the EXCOM stepped out to compliment/tell me I'll be fine and do well (whatever that means)...If I get a post-rejection session, I want to ask "why lead me on?" since I really think EXCOM members should be conservative about handing out compliments and assurances.

I called last year when I was on the alternate list and asked them that very question. I was told they wouldn't release the info :\

Edit: I should specify that I asked them the total number of alternates

Assuming - but I think it's pretty safe at this point.

And my acceptance is a DO, so they won't know - for now. Still have 3 other MD post II's I'm waiting on

What they don't know won't hurt them - I would definitely want a meeting too just for some closure and so I could stop wondering why

My apologies if this has been answered already but how do we know how the alternate list progresses over time? Are we officially notified or just self-reported on here?

My apologies if this has been answered already but how do we know how the alternate list progresses over time? Are we officially notified or just self-reported on here?

They have updated the status page with the current number in the past. Only people on the alternate list can see what number they are on.