2016-2017 University of South Florida Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II today.
OOS, complete 11/14

do later interview dates significantly hinder chances of getting accepted??
Not really, USF has to like you alot to send you an interview invite. You have a great chance at being accepted. GOODLUCK:)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
So then would my 508 MCAT be holding me back from getting an II? I keep getting viewed, but no status change towards either getting an II or getting a rejection. LizzyM ~ 63-64, upward trend GPA.

Curious about this as well. Has anyone received an II with less than a 510?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed exactly 4 weeks ago and my app got viewed on Friday. They said 4-6 week turnaround to hear back. So hopefully that means they've met and are working on sending out decisions now.

They didn't send you a decision in the mail yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks! great boost of confidence there! :)
They made it pretty clear to us on the interview day that if they invite you for an interview, they're serious about you as a candidate. If they didn't want you there they wouldn't invite you. They especially emphasized that when people asked if we should send update letters after our interviews, lol (no, you shouldn't).

Reactions: 1 user
feb 20 and march 27th in allentown, PA

march 6 and 27th in tampa, FL

applied CORE, offered SELECT. I ain't picky!! lol

I am in a similar situation, applied CORE thinking I couldn't get SELECT, and got the SELECT interview. :)

However, I did not see the Feb 20 available. That would have been my preferred day, but oh well. Psyched to get the chance to check it out

I am in a similar situation, applied CORE thinking I couldn't get SELECT, and got the SELECT interview. :)

However, I did not see the Feb 20 available. That would have been my preferred day, but oh well. Psyched to get the chance to check it out

maybe i took the last feb 20 spot... wanted to interview sooner than later. when did you look for the dates?

The last hour or two, probably soon after you. You might have been the last to fill in or other people who just haven't posted may have also received an email when we did. I'm not sure exactly how many people are offered interviews for this program. Has anyone seen info on this?

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied for both and was given an II for CORE last Thursday. The only date was for March 28. OOS LizzyM~67

I submitted my secondary back in August but my app still hasn't been viewed. Anyone else in this same situation?

Interviewed 1/24. Got waitlisted. Anyone know how the waitlists work at USF?

Does anyone know interview to acceptance percentage? As in how many total interviewees to acceptances there are?

Interviewed 1/24. Got waitlisted. Kinda feel...lied to, sorta. Maybe that's a little dramatic but one of my interviewers (who ranks pretty high on admissions committee) basically begged me to consider going to USF and gushed about me in our interview for 15 minutes straight. Guess my advice is to not get your expectations too high?
Edit: looking at last year's thread it looks like they just waitlist after January. That feels pretty bad

Last edited:
Were those of you who interviewed 1/24 and were waitlisted interviewing for CORE or SELECT?

for those who got an II, do they email you the info on the meet and greet and directions on where to go? thats what it says in my portal but just curious about how long it might take

I interviewed on the 9th of January and still have not gotten a decision :poke:

Interview Jan 24: waitlisted. Wish i could get feedback as to why. I love USF but i still have more interviews.

Update:
I just asked for post waitlist advice and I'm worried I Pissed them off.....UGH

Last edited:
Interview Jan 24: waitlisted. Wish i could get feedback as to why. I love USF but i still have more interviews.
Update:
I just asked for post waitlist advice and I'm worried I Pissed them off.....UGH

Did they give you any advice?

Did they give you any advice?
Nope... All the email said, was "Please be reminded that feedback is only provided if you were rejected post-interview. Thank you for understanding and good luck moving forward." which isn't helpful, Then my application was viewed. Pretty much think they pushed me further on the waitlist :(

Interviewed January 9 for select and just opened the waitlist letter. Not overly upset, I'm planning on staying in state for financial reasons anyway. Good luck everyone!!

Nope... All the email said, was "Please be reminded that feedback is only provided if you were rejected post-interview. Thank you for understanding and good luck moving forward." which isn't helpful, Then my application was viewed. Pretty much think they pushed me further on the waitlist :(

I'm sure that is a generic response they send to everyone. I highly doubt they moved you down in the waitlist. Dont worry :)

Highly doubt that they modified your position on the waitlist because of this, haha. They understand that we're anxious about this entire process. Don't sweat it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using SDN mobile

Has anyone who interviewed in 2017 actually been accepted or rejected?

Has anyone who interviewed in 2017 actually been accepted or rejected?

No that I have seen. Interviewed on the 9th of January and also just got the waitlist letter. Though, I would find it hard to believe that they are taking the time to interview just to waitlist everyone. I'm sure that there are those that are being accepted. Might just be fewer and also not as vocal individuals.

No that I have seen. Interviewed on the 9th of January and also just got the waitlist letter. Though, I would find it hard to believe that they are taking the time to interview just to waitlist everyone. I'm sure that there are those that are being accepted. Might just be fewer and also not as vocal individuals.

It could be that the class is full? Since it doesn't cost money to accept your spot, and you can hold multiple acceptances until like May, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people get pulled off of the waitlist

Well if you go back in this thread you can see that there were a ton of acceptances from the early interviews. Seems like a safe assumption that they do a high burst of acceptances early to ensure that they have enough students accepted, then waitlist everyone past a certain date. Then on April 30th they'll have a huge list of people to choose from to offer unfilled seats. What Ecko said. They can't be sure that those students will accept or not so they can't offer seats to anyone else. Would've been nice if they had spread acceptances out further datewise, but hey

Hello peeps!! Anybody have an interview 3/09??
Ian excited, anybody know how I should prepare?

It could be that the class is full? Since it doesn't cost money to accept your spot, and you can hold multiple acceptances until like May, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people get pulled off of the waitlist

Could be the case! I will probably be staying in state (not Florida) due to cost. But, I would be interested to hear if this was the case when they starting pulling from waitlist!

Interviewing here next week.. So basically we can assume that everyone is going to be waitlisted for these next interviews? Seems odd to be honesy

Interviewing here next week.. So basically we can assume that everyone is going to be waitlisted for these next interviews? Seems odd to be honesy
At the end of the interview, you have a chance to ask them whatever questions you want. If you're feeling bold, you can ask approximately how many people from each of the January and February interview days they expect to accept, waitlist, and reject.

For my own sake, if you could ask roughly how many people they place on the waitlist and how many they pull from it, that would be great. Best of luck!

Reactions: 3 users
At the end of the interview, you have a chance to ask them whatever questions you want. If you're feeling bold, you can ask approximately how many people from each of the January and February interview days they expect to accept, waitlist, and reject.

For my own sake, if you could ask roughly how many people they place on the waitlist and how many they pull from it, that would be great. Best of luck!

Lolol seconded. @antioxydant If you ask them this I'll like every post you write on this site

Reactions: 1 users
Waitlisted via snail mail yesterday, interviewed in late January. OOS (strong FL ties), stats below.

Said they still had spots left at the interview. Really loved this school hoping for the best

Reactions: 6 users
Post interview waitlist letter in the mail today--interviewed 2/7. Glad to have an answer so I'm not glued to my phone waiting for a call anymore.

Really excited about this school so I'm hoping for the best. Since there's no deposit required to hold a seat, would that mean that the waitlist could move quite a bit after the April deadline?

Also received waitlist letter today, interviewed 2/7. Good luck to those placed on the waitlist and congratulations to those accepted.

Post interview waitlist letter in the mail today--interviewed 2/7. Glad to have an answer so I'm not glued to my phone waiting for a call anymore.

Really excited about this school so I'm hoping for the best. Since there's no deposit required to hold a seat, would that mean that the waitlist could move quite a bit after the April deadline?
Also received waitlist letter today, interviewed 2/7. Good luck to those placed on the waitlist and congratulations to those accepted.
hey fellow 2/7'ers. no letter here on the west coast yet. i thought it was weird when dr. daniel said he'd call all accepted students by 2/16 as if USF actually outright accepts students who interview in spring and then anh kay said all decisions would be sent by mail in 4-6 weeks (after saying that she checks "the student doctor dot net"). they have a seriously weird system for spring interviews.

hey fellow 2/7'ers. no letter here on the west coast yet. i thought it was weird when dr. daniel said he'd call all accepted students by 2/16 as if USF actually outright accepts students who interview in spring and then anh kay said all decisions would be sent by mail in 4-6 weeks (after saying that she checks "the student doctor dot net"). they have a seriously weird system for spring interviews.

It's not ideal but I've seen a bit of waitlist movement in the past threads. The people on this website represent a small portion of actual interviewees so there's a chance that some were outright accepted.

Reactions: 1 users

I think someone said that they are still accepting people a couple of pages back. So you might still hear some good news

Still haven't heard anything from my 1/9 interview... hah.

Still haven't heard anything from my 1/9 interview... hah.

Decisions have almost certainly gone out for all January interviews. I'd check your secondary portal cause it might be updated by now with your decision.