2016-2017 University of South Florida Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think someone said before they haven't awarded scholarships/grants yet and won't do it before the first day of class.
Some people have gotten calls/letters about scholarships but they haven't sent out checks/direct deposits yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Oh really? Hm well there goes my hope for a scholarship lmao
There still might be hope. The scholarship committee meets multiple times so they send out calls in waves. I got my call more than a month after people first started posting about it.

Any waitlist movement recently? They've mentioned that they pull off the waitlist until classes/orientation begin (31st), curious when the most recent waitlist acceptances were here.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any waitlist movement recently? They've mentioned that they pull off the waitlist until classes/orientation begin (31st), curious when the most recent waitlist acceptances were here.
There've been a few people posting to the FB trying to find roommates these past couple of days so I imagine they just got off the waitlist this past week.

Reactions: 1 user
There've been a few people posting to the FB trying to find roommates these past couple of days so I imagine they just got off the waitlist this past week.
Hmm good to know. Out of curiosity, when were the most recent adds to the group? it usually shows it on the right. Thanks!

Hmm good to know. Out of curiosity, when were the most recent adds to the group? it usually shows it on the right. Thanks!

Hard to tell because a ton of current MCOM students of various years are also being steadily added to the group (there's over 300 members in it now), but it seems like there were a few c/o 2021 students added around July 10th, and then another couple between July 15-20th.

Reactions: 1 users
For any applicants in later cycles--I finally got my rejection email here after an early spring interview (I was waitlisted within a week) which arrived the night after they started orientation. Seems like they didn't reject any waitlisted applicants until they started class.