2016-2017 Tulane University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Quick question... I'm registered to take CASPer on July 26th, but I received an II today from Tulane. Should I still take CASPer or should I cancel my registration? What are your opinions?

Uh oh... just changed to a green check mark.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I had a green checkmark for 2 weeks before I was invited to Interview.

Yeah I was just about to say... I'm not worried.

Uh oh... just changed to a green check mark.

Aw man, I logged on to check mines and it's still red.

I think green is good though, probably means they checked through your app and hopefully will decide to send out an II

Aw man, I logged on to check mines and it's still red.

I think green is good though, probably means they checked through your app and hopefully will decide to send out an II

That's my hope.

Honestly, I just want a decision. If this is a step in that direction, it's a win.

Ugh was complete 7/11 but still the red exclamation point - damn it I'm overthinking it but it seems like a bad sign if people complete later got the green

Members don't see this ad :)
Ugh was complete 7/11 but still the red exclamation point - damn it I'm overthinking it but it seems like a bad sign if people complete later got the green

Yup. Definitely overthinking. Maybe mine is a bad sign because they saw my app and were like "nope... done with that nonsense."

i have therapy and this is even making me CRAZYYYYYYY. HELP lol

Mine was complete 07/04, turned to green last week , God knows what that means .

Quick question... I'm registered to take CASPer on July 26th, but I received an II today from Tulane. Should I still take CASPer or should I cancel my registration? What are your opinions?
I am in the same situation and am interested in hearing someone's reasoning on this matter, as well.

i think we should all get in!!! why cant they just take everyone?!

Reactions: 4 users
if we want it bad enough to interact with strangers all day for months...we should get it lol

I am in the same situation and am interested in hearing someone's reasoning on this matter, as well.

It's easy for me to say since I'm without an interview invite (Tulane I love you, love me back damnit) and I already took Casper, but, I don't think it matters a whole lot of you if you've already gotten the II. I remember reading on the admissions site that there's a patient encounter exercise that's part of the interview day, so I bet that's weighed more heavily than Casper. I'd have trouble believing that if you crush the patient thingy they would deny you because you didn't take casper or didn't score crazy high.

congrats to all the II!!! i can't believe we're already at that stage of the process lol

just wondering, how long did it take ya'll to get complete emails? i've been waiting like a week almost post-LOR download for them to send me a complete email.

What program did everyone with the red exclamation point apply to?

Cause I just did MD and submitted on the 7/6 but I have a green check

My friend submitted on 7/9 but applied to MD/MPH and still has a red exclamation

What program did everyone with the red exclamation point apply to?

Cause I just did MD and submitted on the 7/6 but I have a green check

My friend submitted on 7/9 but applied to MD/MPH and still has a red exclamation

Interesting... I also did MD/MPH, submitted 7/15, and have the red exclamation mark.

Edit - I dont think the program designation should matter because MD/MPH candidates aren't evaluated as a dual degree candidate until after the SOM acceptance, after which, MD/MPH candidates apply for the MPH program. So regardless of whether you apply MD or MD/MPH, I think everyone is just primarily evaluated as a MD candidate first.

We'l see soon enough what happens with our red marks , staying hopeful! Still way too early for conclusions haha

Interesting... I also did MD/MPH, submitted 7/15, and have the red exclamation mark.

Edit - I dont think the program designation should matter because MD/MPH candidates aren't evaluated as a dual degree candidate until after the SOM acceptance, after which, MD/MPH candidates apply for the MPH program. So regardless of whether you apply MD or MD/MPH, I think everyone is just primarily evaluated as a MD candidate first.

We'l see soon enough what happens with our red marks , staying hopeful! Still way too early for conclusions haha

That's interesting. Then why do they ask if you want to apply?

Also, should I have gotten a secondary complete email?

That's interesting. Then why do they ask if you want to apply?

Also, should I have gotten a secondary complete email?

Most likely it'll be brought up in an interview if you indicate that you want to do a dual degree program. That's just my speculation. On their MD/MPH website, it says candidates don't apply for the MPH prgram untill after they get their SOM acceptance. So it's not like the red exclamation mark can mean that they're waiting on the MPH application component. Again, just my speculation, so take it with a grain of salt!

And yup! I got my completion email minutes after submitting the secondary

II! Submitted 7/3. Complete 7/14

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I wish I knew if there was an order to how they invite people. Seems like they're inviting 7/3 submissions now so I can't help but feel like I'm out of luck as a 6/29 submission :(

Oh i hope so! I am so over this wait. Id rather get rejected and move on to the next school...

Just some friendly advice from someone who went through a cycle last year - this process is going to drag out possibly into March or later for many schools and people. It's still July - you have a long long long way to go. People are still being accepted off wait lists from last cycle even now...

If that's your attitude less than 3 weeks into the process, I would highly recommend reevaluating your mentality. This is going to be a long, arduous process that you need to mentally prepare yourself for.

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats to the IIs! Did u guys have the green check mark beside In Progress, before getting the IIs? And stats if u don't mind

Congrats to the IIs! Did u guys have the green check mark beside In Progress, before getting the IIs? And stats if u don't mind

Yes to the green check mark- mine was always green and got II yesterday.

I believe I did have a green check there.
Also stats:
Undergrad sGPA ~ 3.5 / cGPA ~3.6
Grad ~3.96
MCAT 514

LizzyM 72: 513 MCAT 3.88 GPA / Green check mark appeared 7/14

I haven't had a chance to look at past threads but how much of a disadvantage am I, if I don't take CASPER right before or after submitting my secondary? I know people got II without it but it may be because they had the stats to not need it? I'm not sure. I don't mind taking it, it's really cheap but I'm curious because I basically missed all the July dates for it. I'll take it in August but will I be behind if I submit my secondary today?

I'm all worried now. I was complete 7/1 (I'm not sure when the green check showed up) and still no II... AH!

I should probably just take a deep breath haha

There is no way they can sustain interview following under review check throughout the year, just think logically, that would mean no interviews after several weeks after deadline, I think that's just happening for the early dates since they likely just started reviewing in last few weeks...... Maybe overly optimistic but just seems logical

Same situation here....Wondering what to do

Just got my II! OOS, non-trad, LizzyM 69, haven't taken CASPer yet

Edit: submitted secondary 7/6

Reactions: 5 users
OK soo this is a really stupid question but do we know if Tulane reads PS before inviting to interview? Their turnaround for II just seemed so freakishly fast that I am wondering if they just called us mainly on ECs/ stats first?

How long did it take to receive your secondary after you were verified by AMCAS?

Okay guys just took CASPer... lol so ridiculous. Honestly, I would not even say you need to study for it... the questions that each scenario will give you are unpredictable, but each scenario is very easy to understand you do not need any outside knowledge.

I'll say it's hard because you have to respond SO fast that you honestly cannot think about your answer... you just have to write. And every answer starts to sound the same after awhile. Wasn't really that big of a deal... I have no idea how I did, but it kinda seems like a joke test tbh.

@ishiningstar

So was it very easy or hard? Do you think you answered the questions better than other applicants because that's what's going to count ......

So was it very easy or hard? Do you think you answered the questions better than other applicants because that's what's going to count ......

It's all subjective. It's a written personality test basically