2016-2017 Ohio State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Vitals took me a solid 3 days to let me log in. Just be patient!

Members don't see this ad.

Is there anything important on vitals. Mine doesn't tell me anything interesting or noteworthy

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone else apply Early Decision to OSU? Or have any current students applied ED and been successful?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know where we should send in state ties too? Like documents proving working/paying taxes there for years?

II! This is my home school (obviously), so excited!

Reactions: 7 users
II! This is my home school (obviously), so excited!
OHMYGOODNESS CONGRATS! I am also a buckeye, and waiting (not so) patiently for mine as well! Do you mind me asking for your stats/complete date?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
OHMYGOODNESS CONGRATS! I am also a buckeye, and waiting (not so) patiently for mine as well! Do you mind me asking for your stats/complete date?

LizzyM > 80, complete on July 1st I believe (secondary received June 30th)

Would you mind sharing the dates they gave you? I'm just curious to see when they start interviewing! Well done!!

sure, it was actually selected for me, but i had the option to change if i had to. 9/7 is my date

II!!! :soexcited:OOS, complete around 2 weeks ago, LizzyM 72-74.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is the Vitals website the main portal? It looks so bizarre, but my application is noted as 'complete' there, so I am assuming it is. Just looks so wonky and has so little info I thought I would check.

can we send them additional material through email?

can we send them additional material through email?

Yes! In the email you get after you submit the secondary it says:

"Updates: Please note that we accept updates to your application only if it is sent in an electronic format as an attachment to an email. This is the most efficient way to connect it with your file. Updates should be sent to [email protected]."

I sent them some additional information and I got an email later that day saying it was added to my file so it works!

I hope Dr. Capers interviews us, he seems like an awesome dude!

He runs the whole day and gives the medical school presentation, you won't be interviewed by him! He's still very nice!

I received an interview in Cincinnati for the 19th, would it be a bad idea to send OSU an in the area request?

I received an interview in Cincinnati for the 19th, would it be a bad idea to send OSU an in the area request?

Are you OOS? I think if you're out of state, it can't hurt to try. I'm sure they would like to accommodate a good applicant

Darn I finished secondary sooner and no invite. When do they send out rejections?

I can't believe it myself!

I hope to serve as hope for future applicants that you as an individual are not a statistic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using SDN mobile
I assume because you're non-trad you have a really low uGPA, competitive MCAT, and some sort of postbacc/SMP/masters type deal?

Did anyone receive a complete email or just the initial secondary submitted email?

Edit: Removed for anonymity

Last edited:
I'm an RN lots of experiences in multiple specialities . Nontrad because of a career change. Mid 20's..early financial issues and got a handful of F's. Worked a Crapton of jobs. Overcame a significant issue while getting A's for 3 years. 90%+ MCAT. No post bac or smp. Local average state school bachelors degree.

That's great! Go you for getting back on your feet and snagging so many interviews!

On another note, I'm kinda freaked out that I *only* have two which I know is fine/I'll be fine but some people have 6-10 already...but I guess patience is key haha

On another note, I'm kinda freaked out that I *only* have two which I know is fine/I'll be fine but some people have 6-10 already...but I guess patience is key haha
Only 2?? Some people will murder for 1. It's very early I'm sure there's more to come for you.

On a side note...70K for OOS tuition?????

Do they accept kidneys? It's in great condition..well hydrated

No worries man, we are all neurotic. I know I am in no position to complain, but I had an initial wave of invites and everything has now been quiet for 2 weeks, and I am also starting to get a bit neurotic lol.

I dont get why people get interviews if they submitted later than someone else. Does that mean submitting early doesnt matter? Or that the person submitted earlier isnt as good?

I dont get why people get interviews if they submitted later than someone else. Does that mean submitting early doesnt matter? Or that the person submitted earlier isnt as good?

It means we don't have insight into the process and so all we can do is sit and be patient. Application reviewers aren't robots. One may have a busy week and another may have some down time and get through their pile faster. Additionally, early means only so much. If they are on the fence about you, you may be set aside for the time being in favor of more stellar applicants.

Only 2?? Some people will murder for 1. It's very early I'm sure there's more to come for you.

Do they accept kidneys? It's in great condition..well hydrated

No worries man, we are all neurotic. I know I am in no position to complain, but I had an initial wave of invites and everything has now been quiet for 2 weeks, and I am also starting to get a bit neurotic lol.

I know I should be grateful for my interviews and I am. We are very fortunate to get interviews :) I just need to hit myself over the head every now & then, and remind myself that I should be more grateful

I know I should be grateful for my interviews and I am. We are very fortunate to get interviews :) I just need to hit myself over the head every now & then, and remind myself that I should be more grateful
First world problems

Meanwhile in Africa..

Most of the people that I know that ended up not getting in didn't have any interviews until at least November/December. You are going to be juuuust fine, keep your head up! ...I say to myself in the mirror, holding back tears

Reactions: 7 users
Ya I have a LizzyM >75 and I haven't gotten one II yet. Just 2 rejections.

"Only two" over here as well. Really hoping for that magical 3 interviews lol... This has been a weird cycle for me. One of my schools is out of my league, while the other is waaaaaaay out of league for my 68 LizzyM score. At first I thought an II from OSU was a giant reach, but now that my current II's have given me hope I'm somehow just as worked up.

"Only two" over here as well. Really hoping for that magical 3 interviews lol... This has been a weird cycle for me. One of my schools is out of my league, while the other is waaaaaaay out of league for my 68 LizzyM score. At first I thought an II from OSU was a giant reach, but now that my current II's have given me hope I'm somehow just as worked up.
Your MCAT is so good though! (sorry for creeping, just jealous of your Cincy II :))

Ya I have a LizzyM >75 and I haven't gotten one II yet. Just 2 rejections.

It's still early in the cycle, but I can imagine the rejections hurt. I hope you get some soon!

"Only two" over here as well. Really hoping for that magical 3 interviews lol... This has been a weird cycle for me. One of my schools is out of my league, while the other is waaaaaaay out of league for my 68 lizzyM score. At first I thought an II from OSU was a giant reach, but now that my current II's have given me hope I'm somehow just as worked up.

Well, congrats! That's exciting news. Hopefully this means more good news for you!

Also, sorry everyone :( I wasn't trying to be ***-holey about the II stuff. I just thought people would be able to relate to my unnecessary and clearly unwarranted worrying. Even I find my worrying to be a bit silly at this point. Just scared I guess and wanted to blab. I promise I have perspective on these things but maybe not always right when I'm posting on here haha

It's still early in the cycle, but I can imagine the rejections hurt. I hope you get some soon!

Well, congrats! That's exciting news. Hopefully this means more good news for you!

Also, sorry everyone :( I wasn't trying to be ***-holey about the II stuff. I just thought people would be able to relate to my unnecessary and clearly unwarranted worrying. Even I find my worrying to be a bit silly at this point. Just scared I guess and wanted to blab. I promise I have perspective on these things but maybe not always right when I'm posting on here haha

You think YOU sound silly?! I'm still worried and hoping for more II close to home and I feel like a d***.

It's okay.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm mad at myself for getting down even though I have one interview scheduled already. I was hoping one my more favored schools would be offering some IIs by now. Then again, it's only been a little less than 2 weeks that I've been complete. Still, it kinda stings.

I'm mad at myself for getting down even though I have one interview scheduled already. I was hoping one my more favored schools would be offering some IIs by now. Then again, it's only been a little less than 2 weeks that I've been complete. Still, it kinda stings.
Everyone is just freaking out. I mean it determines the rest of your life and we have no control whatsoever. Not something pre-meds are used to.

Everyone is just freaking out. I mean it determines the rest of your life and we have no control whatsoever. Not something pre-meds are used to.

I'm not sure of my audience, but I'll assume majority are first time applicants.

I am a repeat applicant that had a previous LizzyM of 70. I have amazing extracurriculars, clinical experience, volunteering...etc. I received 5 interviews, but they weren't until the Spring. My issue was that I wasn't verified until mid August and submitted secondaries end of August. So even though I had an excellent mcat and gpa, applying on time/early matters!

With that being said, I've had other friends with LizzyM of 70+ that applied on time and didn't have II until 3rd/4th week of August for mid-late October. It's variable and if you're getting Fall interviews, you have an excellent chance of getting in. Just hang in there and don't take anything personally!!!

Reactions: 1 users
I'm not sure of my audience, but I'll assume majority are first time applicants.

I am a repeat applicant that had a previous LizzyM of 70. I have amazing extracurriculars, clinical experience, volunteering...etc. I received 5 interviews, but they weren't until the Spring. My issue was that I wasn't verified until mid August and submitted secondaries end of August. So even though I had an excellent mcat and gpa, applying on time/early matters!

With that being said, I've had other friends with LizzyM of 70+ that applied on time and didn't have II until 3rd/4th week of August for mid-late October. It's variable and if you're getting Fall interviews, you have an excellent chance of getting in. Just hang in there and don't take anything personally!!!
were you not accepted after 5 IIs?!

I'm sure they'll note this at the interview date, but establishing Ohio residency is relatively simple. Almost all of their OOS students at matriculation are IS by the second year.

Last edited: