2016-2017 Ohio State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received an II this morning! LizzyM score ~72, OOS, completed 8/1. Second time going to Ohio from the east coast this cycle.. my wallet isn't gonna be happy, but the rest of me is grateful!
Congratulations !! what dates are available to interview? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Debating on adding a picture of me in a buckeye jersey at the michigan game to my update.... (half kidding/half serious).. lololol

desperate for some love

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
what's the best way to send an update ? Thanks

I think it is to set fire to a Michigan Jersey in front of the school while simultaneously having a dove deliver your update directly to Dr. Capers

Reactions: 11 users
To anyone that currently attends OSU COM, what is the general environment like? Is it fairly social? Also would you say it is more competitive or noncompetitive? Trying to get a feel for what the school is like!

Hey, M1 here. It is very social, with such a large class there's endless chances to hang out with people. Also at the end of every block there's a party thrown by student council that's always tons of fun. The class is very lax as a whole, I never get the feeling of competitiveness amongst students. We share tons of study guides, and we truly try to help each other out.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone have any idea how many seats are still available?? I recently received an II

Reactions: 1 user
Just declined my II - hope it goes to one of you still waiting to hear back! Just for information purposes: I submitted in July, got a II a few days ago, and my interview date was February 8th.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If they are going to call you for an acceptance, what time do they usual call during the day?

Wait they call ?? At interview day they said we get an email

Has anybody with an MCAT score 508 or lower interviewed. Wondering if I'm even competitive for this school

Me! Anything is possible!!

Yay thanks! I'm a 506 IS but I have good other stats and eca stuff I think! This is like my dream school! I was complete late August so sitting and waiting is pretty hard haha

Reactions: 2 users
Was no one on sdn accepted last night?

Hey everyone,

Just received an interview invite this morning! Can anyone tell me about the interview day? How long is it and what is it like? Thank you

Accepted yesterday evening! I interviewed November 30th, so there is hope for all those that have been deferred!

Reactions: 6 users
Patiently waiting for an interview since July...

Reactions: 8 users
LizzyM ~75, IS. Still no II. Any possibility I might get one? Was hoping being an alumnus would help.

LizzyM ~75, IS. Still no II. Any possibility I might get one? Was hoping being an alumnus would help.
I called yesterday. They have only filled their spots through mid February and they interview all the way through March, so I don't think there is any reason they aren't still sending them out. At 10 interviews per day and 2 interview days per week, that looks like about 80ish more interview spots left. Give or take of course.

I will never understand this cycle. I was rejected by Cincinnati but interviewed at a top school in the past two weeks. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I called yesterday. They have only filled their spots through mid February and they interview all the way through March, so I don't think there is any reason they aren't still sending them out. At 10 interviews per day and 2 interview days per week, that looks like about 80ish more interview spots left. Give or take of course.

I will never understand this cycle. I was rejected by Cincinnati but interviewed at a top school in the past two weeks. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nobody except adcom's know what the schools want. Every school is different so while you look appealing to one school doesn't mean you will look appealing to another. Its a giant clusterf basically

I'm a bit confused about the $25 deposit. The acceptance email says that in order to hold a spot, we must accept the offer on Vitals and that we may hold multiple acceptances until May 1. Then, the email says that once we have made a final decision we must pay the $25 nonrefundable acceptance fee to confirm enrollment in the program. Does this mean that once you pay the fee you are bound to Ohio State? Or do you just lose the deposit if you choose to attend elsewhere?

I can't answer the question about being bound to Ohio State, but I called admissions yesterday to ask about when the deposit was due. They said it is not required until the May 1st deadline.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone have advice on finding one bedroom apartments that are good location, affordable, and decent amenities. I've looked online and found several options, but some of the Real Estate companies have bad reviews and wanted to hear other's opinions. Thanks!

Current m1 here. There's definitely more than 10 slots per interview. I think there was like 18 at my interview last year. I see about the same number every time I see them hanging out in the lobby on interview mornings. You are correct that there are two interview days per week.

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!

II just now complete 8/18. Looks like OSU didn't completely forget about OSU students :joyful:

Reactions: 10 users
II just now complete 8/18. Looks like OSU didn't completely forget about OSU students :joyful:
Congrats! Can you please tell us what interview dates are still available? Current OSU student here who feels left out haha

Congrats! Can you please tell us what interview dates are still available? Current OSU student here who feels left out haha

They scheduled mine for Feb. 13, so I'd imagine there are a good number of spots if they interview into March. They'll definitely get to you......eventually......

Well. I suppose staring at my email in anticipation all day and getting absolutely nothing done isn't the worst thing I could do with my time.

Reactions: 4 users
Surprise interview invite this morning! IS, LizzyM 74, Complete mid-August.

anybody have a rough estimate of the expected percentage of deferred applicants who eventually become accepted based on previous cycles?

Can any current students comment on how students are ranked for the MSPE? I read that students are clustered based on performance in Parts 1&2 of the curriculum, but I'm not sure how this is done since the grading system is Pass/Fail. Do they keep track of actual grades and use that?

I'm a bit confused about the $25 deposit. The acceptance email says that in order to hold a spot, we must accept the offer on Vitals and that we may hold multiple acceptances until May 1. Then, the email says that once we have made a final decision we must pay the $25 nonrefundable acceptance fee to confirm enrollment in the program. Does this mean that once you pay the fee you are bound to Ohio State? Or do you just lose the deposit if you choose to attend elsewhere?

I accepted the offer on Vitals in November but have not turned in the deposit and no one has said anything to me so I feel like it's fine haha. I only recently started to stress about whether I needed to do it because I don't want to be bound to Ohio state quite yet either.