2016-2017 Drexel University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II just now!
complete 7/11

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II just now!!! YAY :)
LM ~71, Complete 7/14

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone's portal have an "under review" status? Mine just says "your application is ready". Trying to see if they let you know when your application is being looked at by a human.

Reactions: 1 users
Optional: What else do you feel is important for us to know about you? Please use this space to highlight something not addressed in your application. (200 words)

can i write N/A for here?

also is it too late to submit my secondary here? applying with a 504/3.6

Optional: What else do you feel is important for us to know about you? Please use this space to highlight something not addressed in your application. (200 words)

can i write N/A for here?

also is it too late to submit my secondary here? applying with a 504/3.6
the deadline is in 3 months -__-

Reactions: 1 user
II just now!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Complete 7/13

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone's portal have an "under review" status? Mine just says "your application is ready". Trying to see if they let you know when your application is being looked at by a human.

Mine says complete only and not under review. Submitted 8/15

Update: II today, LizzyM 68-70, IS, complete 7/22

No, they do not update your status to under review. It just says ready until they make a decision.

Congrats to the IIs! Would you mind sharing your stats and IS/OOS status.

when were u complete
:laugh: not that white

I received the complete email 7/13
I'm in state, 511/3.65GPA, trad app, 1st gen college student
LOR from employer at CHOP, science prof, lab PI, and ethics prof plus Drexel committee letter
Their mission and my PS match pretty well.

Hope that helps!

For those who got IIs, did you guys answer this question or just write N/A?

"What else do you feel is important for us to know about you? Please use this space to highlight something not addressed in your application."

"What else do you feel is important for us to know about you? Please use this space to highlight something not addressed in your application."

I used mine as a diversity essay. I don't know if it's the best strategy, but it's what I did with this and similar prompts in other secondaries.

I answered it

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Man ... flights to Philly are expensive ...

Answered it with paragraph about why I fit into Drexel through life experiences, why me

I was more direct about the "what would you contribute" question, goals I have set for during my education and how I would improve the community

Anyone know what percent of interviewed applicants are issued acceptances?

Anyone know what percent of interviewed applicants are issued acceptances?

Last year they interviewed 1162 and accepted 557, so about 48%.

Last edited:
II!! Lizzy M ~70, complete first few days

Man ... flights to Philly are expensive ...

Try Frontier and Spirit! They both fly into Philly and have some really good rates from other cities on the east coast. I've float Atlanta to Philly and Charlotte to Philly for less than $100 round trip on those airlines.

II!! I will be in Philly on 9/14 for a Jefferson interview...is Drexel receptive to in the area emails? I would love to not fly out twice, but don't want to step on any toes. Earliest date I see is October. Are earlier interviews offered?

II!! I will be in Philly on 9/14 for a Jefferson interview...is Drexel receptive to in the area emails? I would love to not fly out twice, but don't want to step on any toes. Earliest date I see is October. Are earlier interviews offered?

If you will be in philly I would definitely see if it is possible (especially if you are traveling far).. all they can say is it is not an option :)

II! Now if only Jefferson and LOL Penn would get back to me so I can do em all one weekend

LizzyM 76 complete 7/6

I'm in the same boat, but have Jefferson on 10/5. Did you find out anything?

What is an LM??
LM means "Lizzy M" or Lizzy M Score.

LizzyM is one of the adcoms who is a regular on the pre-med forums. She's extremely helpful on here, and one of her contributions was a metric for assessing your competitiveness to medical school programs.

The standard calculation is GPA*10 + MCAT score (on a 0-45 scale). So, if I had a 75 LM score, I could have a 3.5 GPA (x 10) and a 40 MCAT.

For the MCAT 2015, you can look up your percentile ranking and convert it to a LM score. For example, if you got a 500 on the new exam, that would be a 50th %ile score ... which would be a 25 on the old MCAT. Then you just use the formula again.

A competitive LM score is a 70+, a good score is a 65+, and if you fall below that, it's an uphill battle to get into med school.

Drexel is NOT receptive to in the area emails

II! Now if only Jefferson and LOL Penn would get back to me so I can do em all one weekend

LizzyM 76 complete 7/6

I know the feeling (minus the UPenn part). My jefferson and Drexel interview had to be scheduled a month+ apart.:( It would have been nice to minimize travel expenses.