2015-2016 Virginia Commonwealth University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does VCU Med have a program similar to their D.5 for dental school? I know some schools have one year programs for students who are wait listed for med school to boost their creditials, just wondering if VCU might have a similar one.

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted IS! Decisions decisions. Dated May 2, check your portals as I didn't see it until today.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Also accepted off the waitlist last night! IS.

Are the waitlist acceptances being sent at 630 PM or are they at random times?

Congratulations!! Would you mind sharing stats? :)

LizzyM ~ 72-73. Took the new MCAT so hard to convert exactly

Are the waitlist acceptances being sent at 630 PM or are they at random times?

I got the email at 630 but I have also read of people checking their portals and finding the update without getting a notification so you might want to check it regularly

OOS wait list and haven't heard anything. Anyone have an idea of how how much more movement they expect from the wait list? Thanks!

Reactions: 1 users
OOS wait list and haven't heard anything. Anyone have an idea of how how much more movement they expect from the wait list? Thanks!

Not much since we are past traffic day...now we just wait on people that decline being pulled from wait list..

I'm not sure but looking at past years threads it looks like the OOS WL moves pretty fast until late May or early June with some people getting in July or August.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if the INOVA cohort is full, especially if you indicated this as your first choice on your secondary?

Does anyone know if the INOVA cohort is full, especially if you indicated this as your first choice on your secondary?

I haven't been accepted but my understanding is that they don't officially select that cohort until the school year starts.

I haven't been accepted but my understanding is that they don't officially select that cohort until the school year starts.
Thanks MCATJelly - I saw on the VCU FB group a message about a cohort email sent in April. Hope it is not finalized.

Ok I was accepted early April, and I submitted everything almost 1 month ago. Why do I still not have my VCU eID?- the applicant portal says that it only takes 5 days to process. Do I need my eID for access to anything important or does it not matter I have not received it yet?

I have also not received anything in the mail for a formal acceptance packet/financial aid. Does anyone have more information on this?

Will be withdrawing from wait list (forgot I was on it >.< ) wishing the very best to everyone still waiting for a spot somewhere, stay strong!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hope we hear news today!

Edit: nvm it's Sunday...

Ok! Today is the day! Maybe...gotta check my calendar

Reactions: 2 users
Heard from a friend of a friend that today is a pretty big day in terms of wait list movement. (Fingers crossed.)

Reactions: 2 users
Ok I was accepted early April, and I submitted everything almost 1 month ago. Why do I still not have my VCU eID?- the applicant portal says that it only takes 5 days to process. Do I need my eID for access to anything important or does it not matter I have not received it yet?

I have also not received anything in the mail for a formal acceptance packet/financial aid. Does anyone have more information on this?

I received my eID recently. It was visible in the application portal under Matric File Status. You need this to see any financial aid awards, from my understanding. To do any of the pre-orientation things, you don't need it.

I received my eID recently. It was visible in the application portal under Matric File Status. You need this to see any financial aid awards, from my understanding. To do any of the pre-orientation things, you don't need it.

Do you know when financial aid packages will be made available to us?

I thought today was suppose to be a big wait list day? Unless none of us got in lol

Maybe tomorrow they will send out a new batch of offers. Hopefully we all don't have to wait too much longer.

Reactions: 3 users
I wish there was a way to know where we stand

I wish there was a way to know where we stand

True...does anyone know how many people VCU actually wait lists and how many people get off of the wait list?

Reapplying is expensive...

Is there really suppose to be a lot more waitlist movement? The official 2020 fb group already has 199 members..wonder if the class is already full or pretty much full :(

Every year before last year I've heard a good portion of the class is from the wait list. Almost all my IS friends got in via wait list. Last year most of my friends IS were wait listed and took a spot somewhere else since it took so long. Could have changed the algorithm and now on they mostly take the kids who will stay. Who knows.

God that would blow having to reapply lol.

Yeah...I didn't get in anywhere and this wait list is my last shot for this cycle...

I guess I am done this cycle if their fb 2020 is indicative of a full class

Oh well...it was a good ride!

Every year before last year I've heard a good portion of the class is from the wait list. Almost all my IS friends got in via wait list. Last year most of my friends IS were wait listed and took a spot somewhere else since it took so long. Could have changed the algorithm and now on they mostly take the kids who will stay. Who knows.

What about OOS?

Oy no acceptances yet. Has anyone reached out to VCU regarding reapplying right away or what to improve on their app?

Just a heads up - a lot of people in the official 2020 group are M2's. For example, there is a fb group called "VCU SOM Accepted Students Class of 2020" with 148 members

P
A lot of people on that fb page are actually upperclassmen that joined the group and are not new potential matriculatants
Thank god lol I was getting scared that WL weren't moving like in the past.

I spoke with a friend of mine that is IS and has applied before. He got in this cycle in October. He basically told me to not hold my breath for WL movement IS and to just prepare for reapplication. So, that's what I'm doing!