2015-2016 Virginia Commonwealth University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats!! This gives me hope I have similar stats and am OOS. Are you planning to attend?
Thanks!! honestly my choice comes down to finaid but i loved VCU when i visited! still hoping to get into my state school but if not i'll most likely attend here
best of luck to you!! I'm sure you'll hear :)

Members don't see this ad.

Did any of y'all who got accepted this week have prior acceptances?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks!! honestly my choice comes down to finaid but i loved VCU when i visited! still hoping to get into my state school but if not i'll most likely attend here
best of luck to you!! I'm sure you'll hear :)
I hope so!! No acceptances yet so would be so great to move off the waitlist

nothing super high so im surprised as an oos i got in! 3.6 and 30. Ive been out of college 3 years doing clinical research

albums dropping in 2020
Congrats! I have a 3.9 and 30 but my interviewer didn't seem interested in me as much though...

I wish they would let us know at least a little clue as to where we are on the waitlist :laugh: I am trying to figure out my plans for reapplication but have been delaying saving a MCAT seat since I'm not sure whether or not it will be a waste. 300 bucks is no small thing, especially with it being non-refundable. I'm just not sure. What are y'alls plans for reapplying and such- those that are on the waitlist and thinking of retaking MCAT?

Reactions: 2 users
I wish they would let us know at least a little clue as to where we are on the waitlist :laugh: I am trying to figure out my plans for reapplication but have been delaying saving a MCAT seat since I'm not sure whether or not it will be a waste. 300 bucks is no small thing, especially with it being non-refundable. I'm just not sure. What are y'alls plans for reapplying and such- those that are on the waitlist and thinking of retaking MCAT?

I'm gonna go ahead and submit AACOMAS in early May..I have greatly beefed up my resume but my gpa had fallen a tad by .1...hopefully I will get into a DO school next cycle...i just wanna be a damn doctor...gonna submit amcas as well but don't have high hopes bc I already applied to all low tier schools and got wait listed or rejected...

I'm gonna go ahead and submit AACOMAS in early May..I have greatly beefed up my resume but my gpa had fallen a tad by .1...hopefully I will get into a DO school next cycle...i just wanna be a damn doctor...gonna submit amcas as well but don't have high hopes bc I already applied to all low tier schools and got wait listed or rejected...

Don't give up! How is your MCAT? -.1 isn't bad I don't think, especially since you've added a bunch of classes. I only interviewed at 2 schools and am waitlisted for both so I understand your frustration :dead:

Reactions: 1 user
Don't give up! How is your MCAT? -.1 isn't bad I don't think, especially since you've added a bunch of classes. I only interviewed at 2 schools and am waitlisted for both so I understand your frustration :dead:
30 with an 8 in verbal

What about u?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm waitlisted at 2 schools as well. I know WL are better than rejections but it's very stressful not knowing whether anything will come of them :(. Hopefully everyone on this thread gets the acceptance they need.

I'm waitlisted at 2 schools as well. I know WL are better than rejections but it's very stressful not knowing whether anything will come of them :(. Hopefully everyone on this thread gets the acceptance they need.
Awww yeah it is super stressful. I'm hoping for the same!

I'm on 4 waitlists... Going to wait another cycle before I reapply. I would much rather take my time to re-beef up my resume and retake the MCAT (508 with 125s in the sciences) than risk a rushed app and not getting in a second time. It helps that I have interests outside medicine that I wouldn't mind pursuing still, so I don't feel like another two gap years (I graduated in 2014) would feel like putting my life on hold.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm on 4 waitlists... Going to wait another cycle before I reapply. I would much rather take my time to re-beef up my resume and retake the MCAT (508 with 125s in the sciences) than risk a rushed app and not getting in a second time. It helps that I have interests outside medicine that I wouldn't mind pursuing still, so I don't feel like another two gap years (I graduated in 2014) would feel like putting my life on hold.
If you got 4 interviews, I think your application is fine. It might just come down to interview skills.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 users
If you got 4 interviews, I think your application is fine. It might just come down to interview skills.

I was convinced of that, too, but I've also been on multiple mock interviews and received nothing but positive feedback. So I don't know.

Congrats!

Did any of y'all who got accepted this week have prior acceptances?

I had multiple DO acceptances, 0 MD acceptances.

I was convinced of that, too, but I've also been on multiple mock interviews and received nothing but positive feedback. So I don't know.

I had about the same percentile on the MCAT as you, but I do wonder if your 125's are holding you back. Seems like you have a solid, realistic plan to improve your app. I took 2 gap years myself because of low MCAT and rejections. Best of luck!

Don't worry there's still plenty of time to get in off the WL. VCU accepts until the day of orientation in August so there's a lot of time still.

I needed the positive vibes today thank you! Physics studying has been taking a toll I tell ya :\

I needed the positive vibes today thank you! Physics studying has been taking a toll I tell ya :\
I've been stressed as well and thinking about retaking the MCAT makes me sick :(. But we're on the WL because the admissions committee believes in us and hopefully we will all get accepted.

Wish I was as positive as everyone else but I am pretty sure I have no shot...probably at bottom of wait list...

Wish I was as positive as everyone else but I am pretty sure I have no shot...probably at bottom of wait list...
Oh believe me I'm usually not positive! I am just trying to be or I won't get any studying done because I'm stressing out.

I study bc I know I have to reapply and want to keep my gpa high lmao
True lol! I am just doing MCAT right now but I'd almost prefer taking more classes but who knows. Remembering classes from 4 years ago is hard :dead:

I have the same general feeling since I've been passed over since October. I have this image in my mind of Simon Cowell going "uh, yeah that's a no for me" after my interview.

Reactions: 4 users
I have the same general feeling since I've been passed over since October. I have this image in my mind of Simon Cowell going "uh, yeah that's a no for me" after my interview.
I was an October interview too!

Just withdrew as well, OOS

Reactions: 3 users
Thanks to everyone withdrawing before the April 30!

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone looking for a roommate? Looking for someone fun to be around!