2015-2016 Virginia Commonwealth University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I've seen at ton of OOS w/draws, no IS :( Hate that they have 2 separate lists.

The 30th falls on a Saturday - does anybody know if this means it will follow the rules same as previous acceptance dates, in that we won't be notified until Monday evening?

Members don't see this ad :)
Reactions: 1 user
Also withdrawing OOS. Good luck guys! I really hope one of you gets the seat!!

Reactions: 1 users
Just withdrew last night. OOS. I hope someone waiting gets some good news next week!

IS; just withdrew acceptance and scholarship. Good luck you guys!

IS here! I'll be withdrawing my acceptance and scholarship soon. Best of luck to those on the waitlist!! :)

I'm curious to how long it takes from the time someone withdraws an acceptance until they notify someone on the waitlist. Hopefully for us waitlisters its a few days after they withdraw!

Members don't see this ad :)
IS here. just got accepted tonight got email @ 6:30pm. i was already set on an OOS school but now looks like vcu here i come. keep hope up im sure one of you guys will be next

IS here. just got accepted tonight got email @ 6:30pm. i was already set on an OOS school but now looks like vcu here i come. keep hope up im sure one of you guys will be next
Congrats! Would you mind sharing stats? Fellow IS here and want to gauge how likely it might be for me to get pulled off the WL! :)

mcat 28 cumulative gpa 3.5 non traditional re applicant and i have few research experiences. mostly on my app i have experiences pertaining to minority outreach and that was what we mostly spoke about in my interview back in december. i didn't follow up with the school at all since my interview but oddly enough i was invited to a second look tour which was weird but i did not go. hope this helps. good luck to you

mcat 28 cumulative gpa 3.5 non traditional re applicant and i have few research experiences. mostly on my app i have experiences pertaining to minority outreach and that was what we mostly spoke about in my interview back in december. i didn't follow up with the school at all since my interview but oddly enough i was invited to a second look tour which was weird but i did not go. hope this helps. good luck to you
Wof that's awesome congratulations and thank you for sharing! :)

I was notified last night that I was accepted! Good luck to everyone.

Has anyone been told where they are on the waitlist? I know that VCU supposedly doesn't release that info, but I'm wondering if anyone managed to find out anyways.

Has anyone been told where they are on the waitlist? I know that VCU supposedly doesn't release that info, but I'm wondering if anyone managed to find out anyways.
No, but I really want to know :dead:

Accepted just now! OOS! Woohoo! Been passed on several times since my interview in October!

Only 2 from these forums? Does anyone know how vcu handles acceptances off of the wait list?

Ugh I wished the wait list was more exclusive...I rather be rejected now and know what I'm doing next year then having to wait...

So do you guys think all acceptances went out already for the seats that became available on april 30th??? and now any acceptances we will get will be from the waitlisted ppl who give up their seat after getting acceptance????

So do you guys think all acceptances went out already for the seats that became available on april 30th??? and now any acceptances we will get will be from the waitlisted ppl who give up their seat after getting acceptance????

I think so...

People with multiple acceptances technically have until tonight to make their decision so don't lose hope just yet :)

Accepted just now! OOS! Woohoo! Been passed on several times since my interview in October!
For those accepted off the WL, how long do you have to accept before they rescind the offer?

For those accepted off the WL, how long do you have to accept before they rescind the offer?

They want you to pay the $100 deposit and submit the matriculation agreement within 2 weeks.

Anyone get an AAMC Background Check Consent Request this morning? Just curious as to which school is requesting it. Maybe it means good things.