2015-2016 Loyola University Chicago (Stritch) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The 15th is Presidents' Day, do u guys really think they'll call? Or postpone to the 16th

The school is open and I know they have interviews that day so I imagine that yes, they absolutely will call that day.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For those who are expecting to hear a decision this week, what does your portal say? Just "Your interview has been completed. We thank you for visiting us and for your interest in our program" ?

Yep. That's what mine says.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the call! I feel numb literally a dream come true!
Good luck today everyone! I am crossing all fingers and toes for you!

Reactions: 17 users
Does anyone know if waitlisted candidates hear back today as well?

Last edited:
Got the call an hour ago! Interviewed late in November. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the acceptance call, interviewed 1/29

Reactions: 8 users
:love: Accepted just now!!!! I am over the moon!

:luck: Good luck to everyone waiting by their phones!

Reactions: 8 users
Does anyone know how long they're making acceptance calls today?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how long they're making acceptance calls today?

I know people who got called as late at 11pm. They had quite a few interviewing today, so admissions might be a little swamped. Fingers crossed for you all!

Reactions: 2 users
congrats buddy! any status change in your portal?
My status has changed. I now see a long paragraph beginning with "Congratulations on your acceptance to Loyola Stritch Medical School..."

Also rejected today. I had the "has been reviewed...will be continuously reviewed until March, etc." status for awhile now. OOS.

seems like they are pretty slow with acceptance notifications this time around....havent heard a peep...anyone else?

My file has been "undergoing review" since 7/23. Any hope?

In my head, I have a visual of them reading like one sentence of my PS per week.

Reactions: 1 users
did anyone interview last week, and receive the acceptance call yesterday?

did anyone interview last week, and receive the acceptance call yesterday?

At my interview in late Jan, they told us some of us might not hear during February since it was so close to the adcom meetings.

Long time lurker starting to panic, anyone else interview 1/13 get a call yesterday?

Officially rejected yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Rejected just now by email

Are you pre-II or post-II? do you get email like this?

"Thank you for your interest in Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine. Your file has been reviewed, and our Admissions Committee declined to offer you an acceptance"

Are you pre-II or post-II? do you get email like this?

"Thank you for your interest in Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine. Your file has been reviewed, and our Admissions Committee declined to offer you an acceptance"
Pre and yes that is what it said. Dont like how it is written

Thank you for your interest in Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine. Your file has been reviewed, and our Admissions Committee declined to offer you an acceptance. We offer our sincere encouragement for your journey forward if medicine remains your goal. To that end, we would like to make you aware of programs offered at our institution in which you may be interested to continue your development and improve your candidacy. Please see the attached letters from my colleagues for additional information.

At my interview in late Jan, they told us some of us might not hear during February since it was so close to the adcom meetings.
yea i remember hearing that as well. wonder when we will find out...nabers said it will be on a "rolling basis" after that

What's the consensus ladies and gents, will they be calling more of us today!?

What's the consensus ladies and gents, will they be calling more of us today!?
I sure hope so. My interview was 3 FEB. The admissions officer said that they were behind and that it might take the week of the 15th to get to all of the phone calls out.

The email I just received:

Dear prospective medical student:

We received your information via the Minority Medical Applicant Registry 2015. If you have a seat already for fall of 2016, congratulations and well done! If not, please check out our summer programs, postbacc programs, and master’s programs. In any case, we would appreciate your help spreading the word to your friends and colleagues. (See attached). Learn more about Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine and our commitment to social justice and serving the underserved locally and globally at www.stritch.luc.edu.

Onward,

SSOM Admissions team

No rejection, no II

I sure hope so. My interview was 3 FEB. The admissions officer said that they were behind and that it might take the week of the 15th to get to all of the phone calls out.
oh wow so you guys may find out this week? or later in march?

I wonder if IIs are still being given out for next week or if I'm just waiting on the pre-ii rejection email at this point. My understanding is that they're interviewing through next week.

Would love to hear that my info is wrong though.

Reactions: 2 users

We received your information via the Minority Medical Applicant Registry 2015. If you have a seat already for fall of 2016, congratulations and well done! If not, please check out our summer programs, postbacc programs, and master’s programs. In any case, we would appreciate your help spreading the word to your friends and colleagues. (See attached). Learn more about Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine and our commitment to social justice and serving the underserved locally and globally at www.stritch.luc.edu.

Onward,

SSOM Admissions team

No rejection, no II
huh? interesting....

Onward,

SSOM Admissions team

No rejection, no II

I got this too. No rejection, hold, or II either.......

Rejected today. LizzyM 74. Loyola would like to sell me a Masters program "to improve my candidacy," if "medicine remains [my] goal." I was accepted to 5 other schools.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15 users
Rejected today. LizzyM 74. Loyola would like to sell me a Masters program "to improve my candidacy," if "medicine remains [my] goal." I was accepted to 5 other schools.
It's a generic response. Don't be salty.

Reactions: 9 users

Congrats on the other 5 acceptances! When were you complete?