2023-2024 University of Chicago (Pritzker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those who got the full tuition scholarships, if you don't mind, what does your family financial situation look like? I got the 75% scholarship which is great, but just less than I anticipated because my parents income is low low.
Yeah my fam is pretty poor, but my interviewer (who is one of the directors) said I'd be getting a really generous aid package when they called to accept me (also had mentioned this at the end of my interview with them). All of this happened before I submitted my financial information - hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah my fam is pretty poor, but my interviewer (who is one of the directors) said I'd be getting a really generous aid package when they called to accept me (also had mentioned this at the end of my interview with them). All of this happened before I submitted my financial information - hope this helps!
Same, Emily said "you won't have to worry about paying for your medical education" when she called me for the A. Love her 😍🤧

Reactions: 2 users
I qualify for need based too but on my initial offer I didn't get any grants for COA only loans so idk. But I heard that they almost never give grants in their first scholarship offers but they are willing if u write to them
So did you get a grant that exceeds full tuition? That then gives you money for cost of living as well?

Members don't see this ad :)
So did you get a grant that exceeds full tuition? That then gives you money for cost of living as well?
That is what the grant would do but they gave me loans instead which I will negotiate once I hear back from one of their rival schools to have more leverage

Reactions: 1 user
That is what the grant would do but they gave me loans instead which I will negotiate once I hear back from one of their rival schools to have more leverage
Oh I see - I thought you were saying you already negotiated and got a second offer extremely quickly. thanks for clearing things up!

Oh I see - I thought you were saying you already negotiated and got a second offer extremely quickly. thanks for clearing things up!
I'll keep this thread posted if they give me anything after negotiating and how much they give me too

got my financial aid email yesterday saying they wouldn’t offer me any aid. Asked in the nicest way possible about negotiating and to reconsider, turns out they made a mistake and now i got my Pritzker scholarship. Grateful is all i can say. Don’t be afraid to ask or negotiate everyone, the people in the financial aid are very nice and helpful!

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Hello everyone! Congratulations to all admitted and good luck to those awaiting decisions/figuring out other options. I own a 1 bed 1 bath apartment I am leasing out starting first half September. Comes fully furnished with essential furniture, a standing desk, ergonomic chair, queen sized mattress with adjustable base, futon, dining table + chairs, and a whiteboard that is roughly 6 feet wide and 5 feet long. It is right on campus within a secure building, with a gym, parking, and pool available. My current tenant is a graduate student and due to move out by early September.

Please let me know if you are interested by shooting me a DM.

Best,

FFF

Does anyone happen to know how quick you hear back when asking Pritzker to renegotiate your aid? I got 75% tuition but was offered 100% tuition from elsewhere and sent it to Pritzker asking them to reconsider my aid. Haven’t heard back and I feel like my time to decide is really narrowing 😅

Does anyone happen to know how quick you hear back when asking Pritzker to renegotiate your aid? I got 75% tuition but was offered 100% tuition from elsewhere and sent it to Pritzker asking them to reconsider my aid. Haven’t heard back and I feel like my time to decide is really narrowing 😅
I had the same situation and emailed my other offers (full ride + full tuition) to the financial aid office as well as an explanation of current family financial situations and got an email from them the next day. They said they won’t be able to provide an update to my aid until after 2nd look but will do so before the April 30th deadline, then had me email them my other offer letters for proof.

I had the same situation and emailed my other offers (full ride + full tuition) to the financial aid office as well as an explanation of current family financial situations and got an email from them the next day. They said they won’t be able to provide an update to my aid until after 2nd look but will do so before the April 30th deadline, then had me email them my other offer letters for proof.
Ok that makes sense why I haven’t heard back yet. So stressful that they wont give us a response until after second look that’s like a week to renegotiate everything afterwards agh.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they have limits on the aid they can provide (i.e., do they ever offer money for housing)? Looking at their website I can't seem to find an answer. I was awarded full tuition but got full cost of attendance offers from other schools, but after appealing there was no change in my aid package.

Does anyone know if they have limits on the aid they can provide (i.e., do they ever offer money for housing)? Looking at their website I can't seem to find an answer. I was awarded full tuition but got full cost of attendance offers from other schools, but after appealing there was no change in my aid package.
@I_like_Floors we need your help sir

They can provide full COA though it is rare. They just rejected my request for a stipend 🤧. I am sensing that they likely not only want u to have large need but also COA offers from other places to match (just my opinion)

• Care
They can provide full COA though it is rare. They just rejected my request for a stipend 🤧. I am sensing that they likely not only want u to have large need but also COA offers from other places to match (just my opinion)
Though it is strange they didn't match for you. I didn't have any other COA offers just full tuition. Maybe they r low on scholarship funds?

Just got rejected for my inquiry for increased aid. I had 75% tuition and tried to get them to match my full-ride offer. Will probably be withdrawing!

• Care
Just got rejected for my inquiry for increased aid. I had 75% tuition and tried to get them to match my full-ride offer. Will probably be withdrawing!
Why r they so stingy now, I thought they were known to be generous 🤧🤧

Why r they so stingy now, I thought they were known to be generous 🤧🤧
I was really surprised :cryi: maybe they pulled a Vandy and offered more funds than they intended to truly give when they initially provided aid packages

That’s interesting, I wonder how they decided. I appealed my 75% tuition and they matched my other 100% tuition offer. So grateful 🙏

I had a full tuition scholarship and they denied my request for a stipend, even though I had a COA and stipend offer elsewhere! I don't know how they decide but I will be withdrawing. I love Pritzker but I gotta put me first lol

• Care
I had a full tuition scholarship and they denied my request for a stipend, even though I had a COA and stipend offer elsewhere! I don't know how they decide but I will be withdrawing. I love Pritzker but I gotta put me first lol
Why are they so stingy this year 🤧🤧🤧

Why are they so stingy this year 🤧🤧🤧
I know right! I was hoping for a little something :cryi: Pritzker will always have my heart though, they have such a wonderful ethos and community. Happy for anyone who ends up there ❤️ Are you set on UChi?

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I know right! I was hoping for a little something :cryi: Pritzker will always have my heart though, they have such a wonderful ethos and community. Happy for anyone who ends up there ❤️ Are you set on UChi?
I am leaning uchi. I was hoping for a stipend to seal the deal and if FSM doesn't match then UChi all the way. What r u considering now?

• Care
I am leaning uchi. I was hoping for a stipend to seal the deal and if FSM doesn't match then UChi all the way. What r u considering now?
Huge congrats!!! I was between here, Yale and UCSF but UCSF came through with more financial aid so I am going to Californiaaa.

• Love
Just confirmed UChicago is still willing to reconsider scholarship offers if you PTE and get a better WL offer

Has everyone who requested a reconsideration heard back yet? Worried that they overlooked mine, and wondering if I should send a follow-up. Thanks!

Just withdrew my A. I had a 75% tuition scholarship. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist!

• Care
  • Wow
is the waitlist expected to move after 5/3 (the deadline for our response to remain on the waitlist/ withdraw)?

no clue, but apparently their group chat is near max so... :(
damn :( do you happen to know if people have begun to left it/ been booted already? I think last year's thread mentioned there was like a mass exodus within the gc before waitlist movement began.

damn :( do you happen to know if people have begun to left it/ been booted already? I think last year's thread mentioned there was like a mass exodus within the gc before waitlist movement began.

People were leaving in droves yesterday and there are currently at least 4 current students so the actual amount is around 84 or 85. Don't forget that some people are still on waitlists. so I would say only 75 to 80 students are committed.

Group chat has 89 people but I think 4 to 5 are students

Was accepted off the waitlist this afternoon after receiving a call in the morning from admissions to discuss my interest and FA :)

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
if waitlist movement started yesterday does this mean the gc is full again (not considering the 5ish that are current students)?

if waitlist movement started yesterday does this mean the gc is full again (not considering the 5ish that are current students)?
I am not sure, only one person joined the groupme so we now have 90 instead of 89 (including several students)

but also we aren’t sure if everyone who has committed is in the GroupMe, could be those 5 missing people (like if they don’t have GroupMe)

So did anyone else get an offer off of the waitlist? Or is the class full