2015-2016 Harvard Medical School Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The HMS financial aid application opens on 3/5. I wrote that off some time ago as an indication that decisions would come out 3/4--although I understand that's just conjecture.

https://nlbsp.med.harvard.edu/FinAidApp/
This is an impressive level of stalking and I mean that in the most supportive possible way. Sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Hi guys! I'm a current student (Pathways), and I've posted on here under a different name before but for the sake of anonymity I'm using a different account now. I'm involved in admissions and I wanted to say that current students were told that decisions are being released tomorrow (3/2), so for those of you that prefer a firm date, that is what we were told today. Remember, one school doesn't mean anything about your quality as a future doctor - a large part of this is random, unfortunately, and HMS gets a lot of great applications so decisions can be really difficult. There are certain things they look for that really change year-to-year, so even for us involved in admissions it can be very tough to say what an applicant's decision would be before discussing him or her in the context of the rest of the class. Good luck!

PS: Revisit looks like it's going to be awesome, so anyone who can should definitely come! Also, I'm happy to answer any questions about Pathways, Boston, etc. over PM.

Last edited:
Reactions: 21 users
giphy.gif

Reactions: 14 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys! I'm a current student (Pathways), and I've posted on here under a different name before but for the sake of anonymity I'm using a different account now. I'm involved in admissions and I wanted to say that current students were told that decisions are being released tomorrow (3/2), so for those of you that prefer a firm date, that is what we were told today. Remember, one school doesn't mean anything about your quality as a future doctor - a large part of this is random, unfortunately, and HMS gets a lot of great applications so decisions can be really difficult. There are certain things they look for that really change year-to-year, so even for us involved in admissions it can be very tough to say what an applicant's decision would be before discussing him or her in the context of the rest of the class. Good luck!

PS: Revisit looks like it's going to be awesome, so anyone who can should definitely come! Also, I'm happy to answer any questions about Pathways, Boston, etc. over PM.
I really hope this isn't a troll. The Monday rumor got my hopes up and I'd hate for it to happen again.

Reactions: 9 users
I really hope this isn't a troll. The Monday rumor got my hopes up and I'd hate for it to happen again.

Haha, pinky swear. Unless the admissions committee switches gears (which I would highly doubt is possible at this late stage), tomorrow should be the day. I'm a bona fide Pathways student struggling through our Homeostasis I block right now. Good luck!

Just confirmed tomorrow is the day from my friend. To be fair, she did hear from a friend herself, but it's double confirmation no less, which is better than the Monday rumor.

See y'all on the other side

Reactions: 3 users
Can't afford another sleepless night... Haha.

Hi guys! My boyfriend interviewed here and I think I am a million times more anxious than he his (i doubt it, but he's really good at playing it off). I'm a fourth year at another medical school, hoping to match to Boston from the South. Harvard was the only Boston med school my bf interviewed at so this is BIG! I haven't slept at all these last few days. I kept refreshing this page all morning this morning at work.

I would like to thank you guys for all the jokes/added anxiety! I honestly have been stalking SD since his interview! Good luck to you all. Regardless of the results you will all be great physicians. The world is yours!

Cheers to the last sleepless night!!!

Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Productivity tonight has reached an all time low...

Are we expecting emails? Calls? Last year it was an email only, but I don't know what to expect this time 'round.

Reactions: 1 user
Are we expecting emails? Calls? Last year it was an email only, but I don't know what to expect this time 'round.
Pretty sure MD is emails. Do we know for sure whether MSTP gets calls or emails (or both)? Unclear from past years' threads.

OK, seriously... if tomorrow isn't the day.... :bullcrap:

Yeah I was told the same by a friend whose friend goes to HMS. So that's n=3 unless everyone's friend and @crimsonmd2019 are the same person!

why is this week so stressful.

duke ****in' **** up.

now we get to wait on Harvard. Y'all.

ACCEPTED MSTP!!!! By email!!! Ahhh good luck to everyone!!

Edit: 8:55 AM time stamp

Edit for future applicants: Received 2 emails in total and one phone call about an hour later.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18 users
Just called admissions and they're being inundated with calls. more support to the "today is D-Day" hypothesis.

gird your loins, everyone.

Reactions: 2 users
And I thought my productivity level couldn't get any lower than last night...

Accepted to Pathways!!! Email was sent at 8:35 AM Central!

I'm wondering if the emails are coming in chunks or if they already all went out.... if they have names in them then I'd assume they're sending them out sequentially....

Maybe it's alphabetical who TF knows *flips table*

Would have expected more people to post on here by now...

yeah I'm just gonna assume I wasn't accepted.

Reactions: 1 users