2014-2015 Virginia Commonwealth University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlisted OS and interviewed wayyyyyyyyyyy back in September. Too many rounds of heartbreak. lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected, IS interviewed in late October, second go-around. Guess it's just not meant to be, MCV.

Anyone know if we can find out where we are on the waitlist? And does everyone get the same waitlist status?

Anyone know if we can find out where we are on the waitlist? And does everyone get the same waitlist status?

This was on the application status homepage:
"As you know, we do not give out any details on your rank on the list. Be assured we will notify you immediately when we are able to offer you an acceptance."

Waitlisted too, interviewed back in early October. OOS, 3.7c/3.63s/31. Keep your heads up everyone! I heard VCU offers a full tuition scholarship to the last person accepted off the WL. Sorry to all those who were rejected post-interview.

Wait listed is the same as the alternative list, correct?

Wait listed too..interviewed early February. OOS

Last edited:
Wait listed as well. Interviewed on 1/26. OOS 3.8cgpa/3.7sgpa 29 MCAT

Never got the email, opted for the alternate list though.

Members don't see this ad :)
This was on the application status homepage:
"As you know, we do not give out any details on your rank on the list. Be assured we will notify you immediately when we are able to offer you an acceptance."
Thanks! Totally overlooked that, my bad.

Thanks! Totally overlooked that, my bad.

Waitlisted as well. Interviewed back on 1/8. I'm curious as to how the two option "alternate list form" affects your ranking on the alternate list. Oh well. Good luck to everyone.

Last edited:
Waitlisted as well. Interviewed back on 1/8. I'm curious as to how the two question "alternate list form" affects your ranking on the alternate list. Oh well. Good luck to everyone.

I was only given the option of answering whether or not I was accepted elsewhere when I clicked the "Alternate List" button at the top of the page. What two questions are you referring to? Am I missing something? lol

I was only given the option of answering whether or not I was accepted elsewhere when I clicked the "Alternate List" button at the top of the page. What two questions are you referring to? Am I missing something? lol

Whoops! I meant two option not two question.

Waitlisted, interviewed in Feb. 3.85 science GPA, 3.81 cGPA, OOS, 33 MCAT

Waitlisted, OOS.

I have been accepted into DO programs, but not to any MD programs. Does anyone know how they consider two alternate list questions? I want to reply that I have not been accepted to any other (MD) programs, since I would prefer to attend an MD school. Would this technicality be okay?

Waitlisted, OOS.

I have been accepted into DO programs, but not to any MD programs. Does anyone know how they consider two alternate list questions? I want to reply that I have not been accepted to any other (MD) programs, since I would prefer to attend an MD school. Would this technicality be okay?

Think of it this way... People who have been accepted to other MD programs must put down accepted since in April, and I quote from AMCAS, "medical schools will have access to the National Acceptance Report, which lists every applicant with an acceptance or matriculated action." However, since DO programs do not share the same application system, MD programs would not be able to see your DO acceptances. Thus, how you choose to proceed with this information is ultimately up to what you feel is the right course of action.

Also waitlisted yesterday. OOS LizzyM < 70. Interviewed late October. Withdrew from list. Good luck to everyone!

Waitlisted yesterday. OOS. I interviewed in early December. Really hoping for good news, I loved this school!

I never got the email... and just checked the forum,,, waitlisted ... I dont know what to do...

I never got the email... and just checked the forum,,, waitlisted ... I dont know what to do...
Not much else you can do but wait like the rest of us. I'm also waitlisted, but very happy I wasn't flat out rejected. If you know some people at MCV or know anyone with connections you might want to think about talking to them, which is what I am going to do. Have you been accepted or waitlisted anywhere else?

Anyone on the wait list mind sharing stats? I was 3.35 cGPA, 3.64 sGPA, and a 36. IS
IS waitlisted. Post-bacc student: post-bacc GPA 3.95, overall degree and post-bacc = 3.7, MCAT 33. Interviewed 24 Nov

IS waitlisted. Post-bacc student: post-bacc GPA 3.95, overall degree and post-bacc = 3.7, MCAT 33. Interviewed 24 Nov

Wow. Why did you even do a post-bac!? / I can't believe you didn't get in! You seem to be a very strong candidate!

Just got off the waitlist!!! Accepted!! Hopefully there will be more waitlist movement soon!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone know how big the wait list is for IS and OOS? Are we talking like 50 or 200?

I'm really curious to see what the board scores are like for the students who completed the new curriculum. I'm so excited to start! Beautiful lofts nearby, an incredible building and facilities designed by the same firm that design the Grand Louvre, and team-based learning!

Just got off the waitlist!!! Accepted!! Hopefully there will be more waitlist movement soon!
Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking, are you IS or OOS, and were you notified by phone call or email?

Reactions: 1 users
Wow. Why did you even do a post-bac!? / I can't believe you didn't get in! You seem to be a very strong candidate!
Thanks. I did the post bacc because my degree is in Math, so pretty light on the sciences. Plus, I graduated in 2004 and hadn't taken a biology or chemistry class since the '90s. I also don't have much shadowing or research experience, so my guess is that that is why I haven't been accepted yet.

OOS, I was notified by the typical "status change" email. cumulative GPA: 3.83, science GPA: 3.87, MCAT 32

Man, congrats! I'm OOS also and hearing that they've begun to move down the list is making me super anxious...

Last edited:
Accepted off of the wait list on 4/1 via the status change email!
OOS interviewed in December, 3.8 cGPA and a 30 MCAT

Reactions: 8 users
Anyone have an idea when we could expect to get financial aid packages? It looked like it came out late April last year, but since we only have til April 30 this year to decide on a school, maybe we could expect it sooner?

Got off the waitlist on 4/15!! Notified by status change. Good luck to everyone still waiting!!

Reactions: 7 users
Got off the wait list 4/15. International (Canadian) 3.92 cGPA, 4.00 sGPA, 34 MCAT, interviewed Feb 24th.

I will withdraw if I am accepted to a Canadian medical school otherwise this is my school of choice. Good luck to you all.

Reactions: 5 users
Got off the wait list 4/15. International (Canadian) 3.92 cGPA, 4.00 sGPA, 34 MCAT, interviewed Feb 24th.

I will withdraw if I am accepted to a Canadian medical school otherwise this is my school of choice. Good luck to you all.
No offense, but I now hope you are accepted in Canada. :)

Reactions: 1 users
No offense, but I now hope you are accepted in Canada. :)

That makes two of us. Canadian medical school admissions come out the 12th of May hopefully you wont have to wait that long though.