2014-2015 Virginia Commonwealth University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if any IS people have gotten in yet? I heard last year there were very few..

Members don't see this ad.

Got off the wait list 4/15. International (Canadian) 3.92 cGPA, 4.00 sGPA, 34 MCAT, interviewed Feb 24th.

I will withdraw if I am accepted to a Canadian medical school otherwise this is my school of choice. Good luck to you all.

Congrats! Also, your username makes me think of this... :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if any IS people have gotten in yet? I heard last year there were very few..

Historically not many people get in off the IS waitlist compared to OOS but it did move. I think in recent years, especially last year, the IS waitlist moved much less than before so I would say chances are low at this point.

Historically not many people get in off the IS waitlist compared to OOS but it did move. I think in recent years, especially last year, the IS waitlist moved much less than before so I would say chances are low at this point.
Hey, yea I knew that. But I was curious if anyone knows someone who has gotten in this year from the IS waitlist

Hey guys,

A quick questions, are the first 2 years at VCU pass/fail? Thanks!

Hi Everybody!
I was wondering if we have a Facebook group or some group for accepted class of 2019. I am going to be moving here from CA in July, and cannot wait to meet you guys. Looking forward to meeting all of you!

Broke my heart to do it, but officially withdrew my acceptance today. This is a fantastic school and I would have been more than happy to go here. Good luck to you all!

Reactions: 3 users
Broke my heart to do it, but officially withdrew my acceptance today. This is a fantastic school and I would have been more than happy to go here. Good luck to you all!
Congrats on getting into more than one school! I hope you enjoy your time at your first choice! :)

Good luck at the other school you are attending! Out of curiosity, were you IS or OOS?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted today off the waitlist. Received the "status change" email. OOS, interviewed in January.

Just received my acceptance via email/status change as well
First acceptance!:)

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted off the waitlist today as well. OOS

Good luck to all those still waiting to hear back! Excited to say that I will be a member of the class of '19 and I'm excited to meet you all :)

Got my acceptance off the wait-list around 2:30pm ET.

IS, from RVA. It's like a dream. I can't wait to meet you all!

Reactions: 5 users
Got off the waitlist!! My legs are still shaking from the excitement. I dreamt about this moment for so long.

OOS cGPA 3.6 MCAT 36

Reactions: 4 users
Also got off the waitlist at 2:38pm!!! lol @SoonToBeDoctor2014 I was shaking for like 30 mins after reading the email. It's an awesome feeling tho! congrats to everyone so far!

OOS (Canadian), December interview, cGPA 3.7 MCAT 36

Accepted off the IS waitlist on 5/1. I'm from RVA too. I'm excited beyond belief!

Non-traditional student
Undergrad in finance - 3.74
Post-Bacc - 4.0
MCAT - 32

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted yesterday, too. IS, LizzyM 72, non-traditional.

Does anyone know when financial aid information will be available? Are scholarships all need-based? ( that's what I heard on my interview day but I could be wrong as I was pretty much nervous all day). Thank you.

Reactions: 6 users
Withdrew my acceptance. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Reactions: 1 users
Can any of the accepted students please tell me when VCU's orientation starts this year? thanks in advance :)

Withdrew yesterday. (IS) It was not easy, as I love VCU and I eagerly waited to hear from them for about six months since my interview. Best of luck to those still waiting !

White Coat Ceremony is on July 30th. Fyi, 27th is a "roll call", which you are required to attend.

Interesting that Orientation for VCU is about 2 weeks earlier than it's been in the past.

Interesting that Orientation for VCU is about 2 weeks earlier than it's been in the past.
I think that has something to do with the international bike race that is coming to Richmond in September. Last year the biking event shutdown most of the downtown area, including parts of MCV.

Yup, Richmond is hosting a international bike race (mid September) that's going to cause most of the roads in the city to be closed down for a week. So, classes will be canceled for that week. Orientation is earlier to offset that week off.

I think that has something to do with the international bike race that is coming to Richmond in September. Last year the biking event shutdown most of the downtown area, including parts of MCV.

Yup, Richmond is hosting a international bike race (mid September) that's going to cause most of the roads in the city to be closed down for a week. So, classes will be canceled for that week. Orientation is earlier to offset that week off.

Oh yes, that's right. Just saw that I had noted that too. Thanks for reminding me!

Withdrew my acceptance today.
Not sure how the waitlist movement works, but I just got accepted today 11:28 AM Pacific Time

Through coincidence, I'll have to thank you for that!

Tough decision but withdrew here last week. Best of luck to you all!

Just withdrew my acceptance due to the fact that I got into med school here in Canada. I would say I hope someone worthy gets my spot but I know that all of you are worthy or you would not be wait listed. This is my second year trying to get into medical school and all I can say is don't give up, there is no feeling in the world like getting into medical school and knowing that you are going to be able to fulfill your life's dreams, ambitions and goals. Good luck to you all.

Reactions: 8 users
Thanks! I wasn't sure if I accidentally clicked withdraw lol or if it was the same for everyone else. I'm guessing it's for the 2015-2016 secondary update.

VCU just updated the blackboard system and I wouldn't be surprised if they were working on other computer systems as well or if messing with one part affected others.

Anyone know whether how early the date of your interview was has any effect on your waitlist ranking? I've been waiting since my interview in early September... heh...

Anyone know whether how early the date of your interview was has any effect on your waitlist ranking? I've been waiting since my interview in early September... heh...

Pretty sure date of interview has no bearing on where you are placed on the waitlist. Your position is determined by the score you are given post-interview during the committee meeting.

Has anyone else been accepted off the wait-list without receiving a status update e-mail? My friend just randomly checked the portal today after it being down last Thursday and now it says she is accepted - seems legit but worried it may be a mistake?

Has anyone else been accepted off the wait-list without receiving a status update e-mail? My friend just randomly checked the portal today after it being down last Thursday and now it says she is accepted - seems legit but worried it may be a mistake?
I wish a mistake like that happened to me

Reactions: 1 users