2014-2015 Virginia Commonwealth University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I thought I remembered hearing 2/1?... maybe others can chime in
It would be but 2/1 is a Sunday so they won't be getting back to us until probably Monday.

Members don't see this ad.

It was really weird. So we interviewed on that Thursday (1/8) right? On Monday when I started school up again I get an email and my heart practically burst out of my chest...only to be a survey status. Haha!
Talked to them today and found out that my interviewer, Elizabeth, hasn't been able to present my application to the committee so I guess I'll have to wait till the March 16th date to find out any news.

Come on, VCU! Show me some late II love!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Talked to them today and found out that my interviewer, Elizabeth, hasn't been able to present my application to the committee so I guess I'll have to wait till the March 16th date to find out any news.

I also spoke to VCU this morning. My interviewer has not been able to present my app to the committee yet either. This really stinks as we are now limited to the March 16th date :\

I also spoke to VCU this morning. My interviewer has not been able to present my app to the committee yet either. This really stinks as we are now limited to the March 16th date :\

Not necessarily. If I recall correctly, last offer date, people were put on post interview hold and then offered a seat on the same day. They could review your file in the afternoon and then be considered for that date.

Reactions: 1 users
Not necessarily. If I recall correctly, last offer date, people were put on post interview hold and then offered a seat on the same day. They could review your file in the afternoon and then be considered for that date.
That gives me limited hope haha, but I specifically asked them on the phone if I would be hearing anything next week and she said no.

I hate to say it but do you think they chose to interview the stronger candidates first in time to make a decision for 2/1?

For those of you who were not reviewed in time for the February 2nd acceptance date, did any of you get the post-interview survey? I got the post-interview survey last week but haven't received the post-interview hold status.

Reactions: 1 user
Anybody else who had an early interview and is still on a post-interview hold? I interviewed back in Oct and it feels like I must have really screwed up since I still haven't heard anything.

For those of you who were not reviewed in time for the February 2nd acceptance date, did any of you get the post-interview survey? I got the post-interview survey last week but haven't received the post-interview hold status.
I got the post-interview survey a few days after I interviewed but I have not been placed on hold yet. My interviewer said I may or may not be considered for Feb 1st depending on whether she met with the committee on time or not. (Interviewed Jan 13th).
Edit: I just checked and I actually got the post-interview survey the same day I interviewed.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the post-interview survey a few days after I interviewed but I have not been placed on hold yet. My interviewer said I may or may not be considered for Feb 1st depending on whether she met with the committee on time or not. (Interviewed Jan 13th).
Edit: I just checked and I actually got the post-interview survey the same day I interviewed.
Thanks for the info. It looks like I'll be pushed back to the March 16th date.

My timeline: interviewed January 8th, received post-interview survey status 4 days later, called them yesterday morning and was told I haven't been brought to committee yet (which meets every Monday). So I'm sure I only have March 16th to hope for

Anybody else who had an early interview and is still on a post-interview hold? I interviewed back in Oct and it feels like I must have really screwed up since I still haven't heard anything.
You won't hear anything else unless you get accepted. Read the message from the hold status.

I had my interview early December, got the post-interview survey only just last week, but have not gotten a post-interview hold status. I was worried that since I didn't get the post-interview hold status, the committee might not have met on my application so I called VCU today. They said my application had been reviewed and given a rank so I guess not having a post-interview hold status doesn't necessarily equate to not being reviewed yet.

I just received the hold status e-mail! From what I understand, this means I may be considered for the Feb 2nd date? I was pretty nervous opening the e-mail. Interviewed Jan 13th and received the post-interview survey the same day.

I just got the post-interview hold status too!

I just got the post-interview hold status too!

I just received the hold status e-mail! From what I understand, this means I may be considered for the Feb 2nd date? I was pretty nervous opening the e-mail. Interviewed Jan 13th and received the post-interview survey the same day.

Congratulations! Though I don't see how that's fair to those of us who interviewed earlier...hope y'all get in.

Has VCU sent out any interview invites recently? Do they interview until mid-March (around their last release date) or end of February?

I think they only update people that get accepted. I wish the let you know either way....

I think they only update people that get accepted. I wish the let you know either way....
They do, but usually at least one person on this thread will get it and update us..

They do, but usually at least one person on this thread will get it and update us..

We're all looking at you @Bigormortis... can you confirm you got an acceptance today?

If so, congrats! ...and the rest of us continue to wait. If not? We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Reactions: 4 users
Lol funny because we're all hoping he was wrong. Cause they don't give out at 12 like ever so we're so unsure right now lol

I feel your pain... I've been waiting since October :(

At least be happy you're in the running lol, I've been at the further status since September =/ Basically just waiting for that rejection update. :(

At least be happy you're in the running lol, I've been at the further status since September =/ Basically just waiting for that rejection update. :(

I'm sorry about that. I've been kicking myself for months, trying to figure out where I messed up in my interview, but it must be awful to have received a vague status update followed by total silence. I think we can all agree that this school seriously needs to upgrade its methods for status updates. A little more transparency would really lessen our collective stress level.

Those of us who interviewed on 1/8...did any of you guys get in or get any status update or ANYTHING?? Still sitting on a survey status. :(

I'm sorry about that. I've been kicking myself for months, trying to figure out where I messed up in my interview, but it must be awful to have received a vague status update followed by total silence. I think we can all agree that this school seriously needs to update its methods for status updates. A little more transparency would really lessen our collective stress level.

That sucks.. I am sorry

Seriously, their status updates are horrible! But in all honesty, I'd rather them just reject me now, then keep my in the dark forever lol. Oh well good luck to all in the running and congrats to all accepted!!

Reactions: 2 users
Ahhhh the anticipation all day was killing me and now the anti-climatic silence.

vcu's process gives me anxiety.. till next month everyone.
(I also interviewed in oct and haven't heard a word since the hold update)

I really wish this school was more transparent with this whole process. Releasing admissions in batches and keeping people in the loop for so long is just cruel. They should just tell you if your accepted/ wait listed/ or rejected right away. False hope is worse than no hope. Just my two cents

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted!!!! Interviewed 1/5. Email at 6:23 PM OOS

Reactions: 4 users