2014-2015 Sackler School of Medicine New York State Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Here are the results from the survey:
N=11

MCAT SCORE by category:

26-28: 2 people
28-30: 6 people
30-32: 3 people

Weighted average: 29.18

GPA by category:

3.4-3.6: 4 people
3.6-3.8: 2 people
3.8-4.0: 5 people

Weighted average: 3.7

This was not a good question because some people likely factored/did not factor their graduate/post-bac GPAs (do not take this to heart)

Graduate degree:

Yes: 2
No: 9

Fluent in Hebrew:

Yes: 5 people
No: 6 people

Also not a good question simply because some individuals have proficiency but are not fluent.

Relatives in Israel:

Yes: 10
No: 1

Go figure :p

Extracurriculars:

Research: 10 people
Publication: 6 people
Leadership: 10 people
Other: 8 people

Members don't see this ad.

Any responses? When is the next committee meeting? How many spaces left?

-Jeremy

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my acceptance on Friday. Best of luck to those still waiting!

Reactions: 1 user
I want to go to Sackler. My fallback is Technion. Do you guys have waitlist deadlines? If they tell you August 1, for example, would you still take it?

I want to go to Sackler. My fallback is Technion. Do you guys have waitlist deadlines? If they tell you August 1, for example, would you still take it?
I'm in the same boat. I rather go to Sackler and Technion is my fallback. I would still go if I heard in August. Either way I'm going to Israel so it really doesn't matter to me. I just hope I don't have to wait that long to hear from them.

Just called the school - apparently they still are reviewing people that have been recently interviewed. I don't think they have even touched the waitlist yet....

I was told the next committee meeting is tomorrow June 11th.... I would hope they are going to review the waitlist then :-/

Members don't see this ad :)
Did they say when the decisions of that meeting would be sent out (eg. that day, end of this week, next week)?
I didn't ask, but I'm assuming the following week. Acceptances are sent via Fedex & Waitlist via email.

I didn't ask, but I'm assuming the following week. Acceptances are sent via Fedex & Waitlist via email.
I thought I remembered reading from last years thread that someone who was accepted off the waitlist got an email that said a letter will also come in the mail. Don't know if that's a thing they do. Email is nice and instantaneous though!

Protip: If other people are posted that they got an email saying they were waitlisted, and you didn't get that email... it might be safe to assume you got accepted.

Protip: If other people are posted that they got an email saying they were waitlisted, and you didn't get that email... it might be safe to assume you got accepted.

Are you saying waitlisted...off the waitlist?

Has anyone heard anything?
And was it via email or mail?
#schvitzin'

Just got accepted today (Interviewed 5/20, was not waitlisted). Got an email with a PDF of the acceptance letter and a note that a hard copy is being sent in the mail.

Just got accepted today (Interviewed 5/20, was not waitlisted). Got an email with a PDF of the acceptance letter and a note that a hard copy is being sent in the mail.
If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats?
And do you plan on attending?

If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats?
And do you plan on attending?

GPA 3.75, MCAT 30 but I honestly believe that med school acceptances are based on a lot more than just stats, such as majors, extra curriculars, experiences and how you gained from them, etc.
I accepted Sackler's acceptance offer but am waitlisted at US schools.

Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear back!

GPA 3.75, MCAT 30 but I honestly believe that med school acceptances are based on a lot more than just stats, such as majors, extra curriculars, experiences and how you gained from them, etc.
I accepted Sackler's acceptance offer but am waitlisted at US schools.

Good luck to everyone else waiting to hear back!
Congrats on your acceptace! Hope you get off the waitlist for the US schools!

Last edited:
It was my understanding that June 11 was the final committee meeting. Was I misinformed?

Any idea when we can hear from them? I was kind of expecting today, since their meetings seem to fall on Thursdays.

It was my understanding that June 11 was the final committee meeting. Was I misinformed?

Yes, you misunderstood. I am certain that there is a meeting this week, because I was told that my acceptance (or lack thereof) depends on the decision of that meeting.

Yes, you misunderstood. I am certain that there is a meeting this week, because I was told that my acceptance (or lack thereof) depends on the decision of that meeting.

They told you specifically when theyre discussing your application? If you dont mind me asking - when did you apply?

Just called the school. They claim there has already movement on the waitlist.

Has anyone heard anything from them in the last week or so? What's the deal with movement on the waitlist?

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard anything from them in the last week or so? What's the deal with movement on the waitlist?
I just got off the waitlist today! Still in shock.... but super excited! Got an email today with an attached acceptance letter.
my stats: mcat 29, gpa 3.92
Good luck to all those still on the waitlist!

Reactions: 1 users
nope, haven't heard a thing!
Is anyone else here going to Technion at the moment? is there a Facebook group?

I'm going to Technion. At this point I'm considering just sticking with Technion no matter what. I need time to process the idea of moving to Israel and Sackler starts in a few weeks. Hahah

Has anyone spoken to the office this week and gotten any news? I'm curious how many seats are left.

Still haven't heard from them. Kind of turning me off from wanting to go there in the first place. Anyone else still waiting?

Nothing at all - I doubt I'd even go at this point. Technion it is.

Who knows when orientation begins? When would be the last day they would accept someone off the waitlist?

Who knows when orientation begins? When would be the last day they would accept someone off the waitlist?
Seems to be Aug 13. Not sure when the last day they accept is though. Good luck.

It seems like Sackler doesn't reject people outright. More like silent rejections. I know 3 other people who hadn't heard back as well. Just a bit of advice/warning to future applicants.

It seems like Sackler doesn't reject people outright. More like silent rejections. I know 3 other people who hadn't heard back as well. Just a bit of advice/warning to future applicants.
I know people who were rejected off the wait list. So idono whats worst, silence or rejection from the wait list. But I can tell you the class is full now and I highly doubt anyone's dropping. Hope whoever is still on the wait list has a plan B.

I think the reason why so many people dropped out last minute in previous years was due to conflicts in the region. Everything was quiet this summer.