2014-2015 Sackler School of Medicine New York State Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone interview in Israel? If so how did it go?

Did anyone interview in Israel? If so how did it go?

I did a while back. My interview was with Dr. Shoham and it went well, but I was told by a current Sackler student that there's a guy who also does the Israel interviews who would have been tough. I was too nervous to ask for a tour and one wasn't offered, so I was only there for about 45 minutes.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

Last edited:
anybody know how many people are already accepted? the fb group says there's 59 (out of a 63 class size), but i think a lot of them are current students answering questions? any idea?

Has anyone heard back recently or know when their next committee meeting is?

When did you guys have interviews? Mine was beginning of March.

They recently posted their match list. Seems nice!

http://sacklermedicine.us/match-day/

ANESTHESIOLOGY
-U. Florida COM- Jacksonville

-Baylor Coll. Med.-Houston-TX

-Yale-New Haven Hosp.-Ct

CHILD NEUROLOGY
-SUNY HSC Brooklyn-NY

-Mayo School of Grad Med. Educ. -FL

EMERGENCY MEDICINE
-North Shore-LIJ Health Sys-NY

GENERAL SURGERY
-SUNY HSC Brooklyn-NY

-LSU SOM-New Orleans-LA

-Maimonides Med. Ctr. –NY

-Univ. of Vermont *

INTERNAL MEDICINE
-Icahn SOM St. Lukes-Roosevelt-NY (2)

-Icahn SOM at Mount Sinai-NY (2)

-Mt. Sinai Med. Ctr.-Miami-FL

-Jewish Hospital-OH

-U. Illinois COM-Chicago

-Maimonides Med. Ctr.- NY *

-Einstein/Montefiore Med. Ctr.-NY *

OBSTETRICS & GYNECOLOGY
-Albert Einstein Med. Ctr. – PA

-Wayne State Univ. / Detroit Med. Ctr.-MI

-U. Kansas SOM-Kansas City

-U. Texas Med. Sch.-Houston

-George Washington Univ.-DC

-Eastern VA Med. School – VA

-Maimonides Med. Ctr.-NY

-Einstein/Montefiore Med. Ctr.- NY *

ORTHOPAEDIC SURGERY
-Cedars-Sinai Medical Center – CA

PEDIATRICS
-Univ. of Louisville SOM- LA

-Einstein/Jacobi Med. Ctr. – NY (4)

-Icahn SOM at Mount Sinai-NY

-Maimonides Med. Ctr.-NY

-Einstein/Montefiore Med. Ctr.- NY

PSYCHIATRY

-Univ. at Buffalo SOM – NY

-Univ. of Vermont Medical Center

-NYP Hosp.-Weill Cornell Med. Ctr.

-Kern Med. Ctr. – CA

-Johns Hopkins Hosp. – MD

RADIOLOGY DIAGNOSTIC
-Massachusetts General Hospital

-Winthrop Univ. Hospital

Last edited:
They recently posted their match list. Seems nice!

http://sacklermedicine.us/match-day/

ANESTHESIOLOGY
-U. Florida COM- Jacksonville

-Baylor Coll. Med.-Houston-TX

-Yale-New Haven Hosp.-Ct

CHILD NEUROLOGY
-SUNY HSC Brooklyn-NY

-Mayo School of Grad Med. Educ. -FL

EMERGENCY MEDICINE
-North Shore-LIJ Health Sys-NY

GENERAL SURGERY
-SUNY HSC Brooklyn-NY

-LSU SOM-New Orleans-LA

-Maimonides Med. Ctr. –NY

-Univ. of Vermont *

INTERNAL MEDICINE
-Icahn SOM St. Lukes-Roosevelt-NY (2)

-Icahn SOM at Mount Sinai-NY (2)

-Mt. Sinai Med. Ctr.-Miami-FL

-Jewish Hospital-OH

-U. Illinois COM-Chicago

-Maimonides Med. Ctr.- NY *

-Einstein/Montefiore Med. Ctr.-NY *

OBSTETRICS & GYNECOLOGY
-Albert Einstein Med. Ctr. – PA

-Wayne State Univ. / Detroit Med. Ctr.-MI

-U. Kansas SOM-Kansas City

-U. Texas Med. Sch.-Houston

-George Washington Univ.-DC

-Eastern VA Med. School – VA

-Maimonides Med. Ctr.-NY

-Einstein/Montefiore Med. Ctr.- NY *

ORTHOPAEDIC SURGERY
-Cedars-Sinai Medical Center – CA

PEDIATRICS
-Univ. of Louisville SOM- LA

-Einstein/Jacobi Med. Ctr. – NY (4)

-Icahn SOM at Mount Sinai-NY

-Maimonides Med. Ctr.-NY

PSYCHIATRY

-Univ. at Buffalo SOM – NY

-Univ. of Vermont Medical Center

-NYP Hosp.-Weill Cornell Med. Ctr.

-Kern Med. Ctr. – CA

-Johns Hopkins Hosp. – MD

RADIOLOGY DIAGNOSTIC
-Massachusetts General Hospital

-Winthrop Univ. Hospital

Ya, but it looks like only 40 something matched out of a class of around 60 students. I guess we have to know more about what happened, but that's pretty concerning especially because it's going to get more difficult to match by the time we graduate.

Interesting observation. Do you think that the rumor is true that most people in Sackler match just because their parents are doctors and they have connections?

Members don't see this ad :)
Reading old posts on this forum.

I'm sure there are cases of that happening just like at any other school. I don't have any solid evidence at all to say that it applies to most people at sackler and I would bet that it isn't true. Connections are definitely important, but they can only do so much. You still have to be a solid candidate.

can any current students please shed some light on this? how come there are only 44 matches this year?

never posted stats but better late than never...
stats: 4.0 GPA and 28 mcat
interviewed mid december and accepted mid march

Congrats, did you get ur acceptance via email or Fedex? Still nervously waiting here...

Last edited:
Waitlisted... :(
Does Sackler actually reject people after interviewing? In the email I recieved, they said theres only small # of candidated in this category..... Wondering how true this is?

Waitlisted... :(
Does Sackler actually reject people after interviewing? In the email I recieved, they said theres only small # of candidated in this category..... Wondering how true this is?
Were you notified by email or by mail?

(i) Interviewed in March

(ii) Just received my acceptance!

(iii) Notified by mail

Last edited:
Ya, but it looks like only 40 something matched out of a class of around 60 students. I guess we have to know more about what happened, but that's pretty concerning especially because it's going to get more difficult to match by the time we graduate.

Just so you know, in regards to the match list, the class of 2015 was not that large. They had a lot of people take time off to do research, so their class was less than 50. Not sure the exact number.

Would anyone pick Sackler over a US in state med school?

Has anyone actually been rejected from Sackler after interviewing? I was looking through previous posts and it seems like you get WL or accepted.

Just so you know, in regards to the match list, the class of 2015 was not that large. They had a lot of people take time off to do research, so their class was less than 50. Not sure the exact number.

I've been going over their match lists of the past few years in detail, and speaking to a few students I know there, trying to divine some wisdom about how well one can hope to place coming out of Sackler. It does seem like the very strongest (or best-connected, if earlier commentary is accurate) few students coming out of the program can do very well, and almost everyone else does fine--not too different from a low-tier US school, though restricted to matching in certain regions of the country.
Would it make sense to predict that, following the merge, the top students will continue to do well, and the rest will continue to do well enough (i.e. match), with perhaps a modestly higher number of unmatched students? I just don't see how the merger will radically affect outcomes for graduates of this program (whereas it might have a larger effect on the massive Caribbean classes).

Is there a fb group yet for the class of 2019?

Anyone else WL? When can we start to see movement? I really want to go to Sackler...

Just called - sent out last wave of acceptances and once students start turning down the offers we should see movement off the waiting list.

Last edited:
Just spoke to them too...they said today they are sending out acceptances via Fedex & waitlist by email

Just got an email asking if im still interested in being on the waitlist. It said they will start considering waitlisted students mid-June.

Hey, first time looking at this forum.

I interviewed in mid-march and was also waitlisted on April 20.
Does anyone know how many of us are on the waitlist?
Also, i didn't receive another email today to confirm whether or not i'm still interested.
@alwaysbehappy , i'm assuming that's your second email like that?

Thanks

Yes, this was the 2nd email I received. I'm also curious how many others are WL.
This is what the email said:
The Admissions Committee will begin the process of reviewing the applicants on the waitlist for further consideration for the Class of 2019 in mid-June. This process will continue until the end of August.
Did anyone else receive such a letter?

Why do they continue this process into August? How do we move to Israel on a week's notice?

Reactions: 1 users
Why do they continue this process into August? How do we move to Israel on a week's notice?
You don't need to get a student visa before you move. I don't think many ppl find housing before either. I guess just have a suitcase ready and packed to go to Israel.. If you forget anything you can buy it there.

You don't need to get a student visa before you move. I don't think many ppl find housing before either. I guess just have a suitcase ready and packed to go to Israel.. If you forget anything you can buy it there.

What is your plan at the moment? Have you been accepted to other schools as well but will take Sackler given the chance?

TAKE SURVEY HERE!
Alright, for all those who are waitlisted I've set up a Survey Monkey to get an idea of your stats and qualifications. I am doing this because I know many people are sensitive about their grades and this should anonymize the process while giving you a good idea of your competition...Good luck!
TAKE SURVEY HERE!

TAKE SURVEY HERE!
Alright, for all those who are waitlisted I've set up a Survey Monkey to get an idea of your stats and qualifications. I am doing this because I know many people are sensitive about their grades and this should anonymize the process while giving you a good idea of your competition...Good luck!
TAKE SURVEY HERE!
When will you post results? Thanks!

Hey guys, my good friend who is currently an MS1 told me that many students in his class got off the waitlist. It's still early in the game for waitlist movement, so I'm sure many of you will get off the list. I know it's a rough wait, but hang in there!

Hey guys, my good friend who is currently an MS1 told me that many students in his class got off the waitlist. It's still early in the game for waitlist movement, so I'm sure many of you will get off the list. I know it's a rough wait, but hang in there!
Thanks for the encouragement!
After calling Sackler, I found out a lot of people dropped their acceptance last year because of the situation in Israel last year. That's why a lot of people got off the waitlist.

Thanks for the encouragement!
After calling Sackler, I found out a lot of people dropped their acceptance last year because of the situation in Israel last year. That's why a lot of people got off the waitlist.
Thats what I was told too during my interview