2016-2017 Sackler School of Medicine New York State Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wonder how many applicants they got this year, I haven't heard of one acceptance.

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone hear back in the last week?
I heard back over the weekend, good news via UPS or FedEx. Pretty excited by the opportunity but still need to find out more information. Good luck to everyone. Also wondering how many apps they get...

A little nervous about learning to and getting practice interacting with patients well, since I'd expect to be fluent in Hebrew but there will still be a language barrier

I heard back over the weekend, good news via UPS or FedEx. Pretty excited by the opportunity but still need to find out more information. Good luck to everyone. Also wondering how many apps they get...

A little nervous about learning to and getting practice interacting with patients well, since I'd expect to be fluent in Hebrew but there will still be a language barrier
Did you get an email acceptance as well?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all, just wanted to share some news I found out. I followed up with admissions after my interview to see how long it typically takes to get notified. They said that interviewed applicants will be reviewed at the next admissions committee meeting in May. Not sure how long after that final decisions will be made.

-Yep, I got the same message.
-Also anyone know if Sackler is responsive to receiving an update letter/another LOR after responding to their letter of intent for the waitlist?
Yes, you should continue to update with new info.

No one has posted in a while but if any current Sackler students are lurking I would love to talk to you about the school and ask some questions

After three years of all that blood and sweat, I received an acceptance from Sackler last week. There apparently had been an admissions committee in mid-late April.

Unlike the general consensus, even with the few waitlists I am still seated in, I put down my deposit and am 99% ready to go to Sackler. I've no doubts that with same resolve and momentum I mustered in the last few years, I'm going to return back to be a doctor no matter what school but Sackler makes it all the more certain. Even if the match rate results last year still didn't dispel the uncertainties, the investor in me is happy that Sackler still hasn't gotten the attention it truly deserves because, just like lucrative stocks whose real value is obscured and lower by hearsay and competitors, it makes it all the more sweeter for me when I occupy them before people notice their true worth and the value skyrockets.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know when the next meeting will happen for the admissions committee? Been waiting for a while now on the waitlist (interviewed in october)

I just got an email updating that the waitlist is getting shorter and to confirm that I still would like to be considered for acceptance

Members don't see this ad :)
After painful consideration, I just gave up my spot. Good luck guys! Of course when I finally am ready to go to Sackler, other schools pull me out of the waitlist now; should have applied to Sackler last year when all I had was silence.

Anyways, some more good news: Considering I just received warning e-mail to confirm or deny my spot 2 days ago, there must be another admissions meeting soon this week. Best wishes

Last edited:
I was accepted last week!

Any recent acceptances? I had my interview in May and I'm still waiting anxiously.

Was just accepted off the waitlist last week! Super excited to live and work in Tel Aviv. Dear Lord, thought I was going to have to retake the MCAT

AMA

Feels good man

brbbk.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Just got my acceptance letter in the mail as well

Just to clarify, Sackler's application cycle opens later than the AMCAS one, right?

I have a question for those who know about applications to sackler (this really applies to ben gurion MSIH and technion as well). I would really appreciate a thorough answer. I am of the impression that for sackler, the average MCAT score is around 504 and it similar at Ben gurion (not sure about technion). How much lower can you get to be accepted? Does a 504 average mean that, below that, your chances are very slim? If someone could provide me with details, that would be great!