2014-2015 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any waitlist movement here recently?
They haven't finished sending out post-interview decisions yet, so since the last ii was 04/24 there probably won't be movement until this coming Friday or next week. A friend of mine interviewed on 04/10 and got accepted exactly two weeks later so it looks like they are at least somewhat moving quickly on these decisions...?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone on here gotten an email about doing the background check even though it was already complete?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any update on how many people are in the class via the facebook group and any idea when rosalind franklin will start moving the waitlist.

Any update on how many people are in the class via the facebook group and any idea when rosalind franklin will start moving the waitlist.
The facebook group isn't a very good indicator. There are plenty of M2s and M1s in it, as well as people who have been accepted to other schools.

Imma put my money on this coming Tuesday/Wednesday for the next time we might hear something regarding admissions decisions. Just going to continue floating around in the void of 'I cannot determine what the next 15 months will look like til I hear from this school' per usual. Hope everyone is hanging in there.

giphy.gif

Reactions: 2 users
Asked them via email and was told my application is "still under review with the admissions committee."

I haven't received a II yet. I thought they were done interviewing(?)

Anyone else in the same position? I wonder if I am actually somehow still being considered, or if they are just waiting to send out rejections until they've got their final class secured...

Yeah their communication really isn't that great. They are done interviewing but just copied and pasted you a response. Sorry. Maybe they thought you were taking about the next cycle?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys!

Could a current student comment on the study/social life balance at CMS? Do you find free time each week? I know tests are every 3 weeks and are cumulative. I've found that it's easier to study for one test rather than a cumulative test. How do you guys manage it?

I'm not an accepted student or anything, but I think if you've been accepted you get access to the RFUMS Facebook group for the class of 2019 that contains current students. Perhaps you'd get better answers there?

Hi guys!

Could a current student comment on the study/social life balance at CMS? Do you find free time each week? I know tests are every 3 weeks and are cumulative. I've found that it's easier to study for one test rather than a cumulative test. How do you guys manage it?

Current M1 finishing up our last term. When I started in first term, I had the idea stuck in my head that I needed to be studying in my free time. I wouldn't attend events or go out at all. Also, I did a lot of experimenting with my study habits. That's changed a lot, especially after I started using Anki. Now, I go out maybe once a week to see a movie unless I'm really busy. I eat out often. My grades are much better than in first term too. Medical school isn't really that bad. Its what you make out of it.

Regarding cumulative exams - I figure it helps preparing us for STEP1 where every subject is intermingled and randomized. Usually, we either have off the day before the exam or have the weekend to study depending on when the exam is scheduled.

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone who interviewed have to wait more than 6 weeks to hear a decision? I interviewed on 3/30 and have yet to receive a decision (acceptance, rejection, or waitlist).

Did anyone who interviewed have to wait more than 6 weeks to hear a decision? I interviewed on 3/30 and have yet to receive a decision (acceptance, rejection, or waitlist).
I interviewed 3/30 as well and was placed on hold a couple of weeks ago. If you haven't heard anything at all, I would contact them, explain the situation and kindly ask for a status update. I remember them giving a 2-3 week post-interview response time on their end...

I interviewed 3/30 as well and was placed on hold a couple of weeks ago. If you haven't heard anything at all, I would contact them, explain the situation and kindly ask for a status update. I remember them giving a 2-3 week post-interview response time on their end...
I actually did receive this hold too but I thought it was just an generic e-mail everyone received. Is this essentially a waitlist position?

I received a hold on my 3/30 interview as well. Still waiting to hear anything else from them. I don't think it's a waitlist position as others have said they received an "alternate list" email rather than a "hold" email.

I actually did receive this hold too but I thought it was just an generic e-mail everyone received. Is this essentially a waitlist position?

As phillygee said, I think it's a separate category as well. I think they may be waiting to see some of the domino effects from other schools' waitlists and people withdrawing, etc. It's a difficult process, but just hold tight. It will all be over, hopefully, soon

As phillygee said, I think it's a separate category as well. I think they may be waiting to see some of the domino effects from other schools' waitlists and people withdrawing, etc. It's a difficult process, but just hold tight. It will all be over, hopefully, soon

Correct, a hold is just that. They're holding your application to make a decision, nothing more, nothing less.

Anyone willing to hazard a guess on how many people are possibly on the alternate/wait list? I'd like to "calculate" my odds of snagging an acceptance.

Reactions: 1 users
WELL I thought maybe we'd hear something this morning buttttt maybe not. Just gonna proceed like that II never happened/continue to make myself frustrated by checking my email way too much
post-7857-NERD-RAGE-gif-zsIb.gif

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone willing to hazard a guess on how many people are possibly on the alternate/wait list? I'd like to "calculate" my odds of snagging an acceptance.
Bout tree fiddy

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone contacted the office to see where the class size is at?

Has anyone contacted the office to see where the class size is at?
Office does not pick up its phone. But I used the facebook group of 2019 compared to 2018 to guesstimate the current class size. I think in 2018 the enrollment in the facebook group reached about 400 and its at like 170 now, perhaps more, for 2019.

Just got the acceptance e-mail! I was on hold after my interview (not waitlisted).

Reactions: 4 users
Jk, just got waitlisted. 2015-2016 app cycle here I come!

For those that are waitlisted, I encourage you not to lose hope :). Up to around 30 people in each M1 class were originally on the waitlist. With that said though, it's probably in your best interest to begin planning for the next application cycle in case this one doesn't work out.

Do people who interview late in the season ever get off the waitlist? I know they say they don't rank but... I'm skeptical.

For those that are waitlisted, I encourage you not to lose hope :). Up to around 30 people in each M1 class were originally on the waitlist. With that said though, it's probably in your best interest to begin planning for the next application cycle in case this one doesn't work out.

Where do they disclose this. Good to know tho.

I'm sorry if already mentioned, but does CMS accept letters of interest or intent? For some reason, I think no. Also, if 30 people come off of the waitlist, probably many more or at least some more are pulled off the waitlist who decline....?

hey guys,

current M2...if anyone is looking for housing, I have a 3bedroom/2bath house located within walking distance of campus. Rent will be between $750-$850/month (depending on the size of the room) + utilities and a one month security deposit. PM me for more details. Thanks.

Do you have any sense of whether interview date affects likelihood of acceptance off of the waitlist? I find it odd that I (who interviewed in April) heard back that I was waitlisted at the same time that March interviewees heard they were "on hold."

Unless that just means after my interview they were like, "Quick, put this girl on the waitlist! She really messed up!"

Just wanted to point out that GynGyn reported waitlist movement here on another thread.

What saddens me is that I've been on the waitlist since December. I know theres a lot more people on now so I feel like my chances are dwindling by the day :/

Do you have any sense of whether interview date affects likelihood of acceptance off of the waitlist? I find it odd that I (who interviewed in April) heard back that I was waitlisted at the same time that March interviewees heard they were "on hold."

Unless that just means after my interview they were like, "Quick, put this girl on the waitlist! She really messed up!"

To be honest I'm not too sure about that. It kind of seems random to me. I have friends who interviewed as late as April last year, were waitlisted, and eventually got in. The statistic of up to 30 people was in the waitlist email last year. I believe it said 10-15% of the M1 class were originally on the waitlist. So for a class of ~190, this ranges from 19-29 people.

I just emailed the school to withdraw my acceptance.. didn't know that that was a thing we had to do until recently. I hope my spot goes out to one of you!

Thanks @beyonce_knowles! I saw that on their website but was wondering if anyone had personal experience with how strict they are about requests?

Schools differ in their policy and very few people go through the deferral process, so I doubt you'd get a good response on the forums. Better to ask the admissions office or just send in a request.

Any waitlist movement up in here? Part of me fears most of the movement will have slowed down by now...

Any waitlist movement up in here? Part of me fears most of the movement will have slowed down by now...
Judging by the lack of posting and gyngyn's waitlist support thread posts (only the non-waitlisted acceptees showed up in May), I wonder if the waitlist movement at the school has started at all :/

Maybe the change in interview format and the later interview dates are the reasons for this unusual lack of movement.

That's my guess as well. Trying to stay positive about the waitlist status!